• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Alfred Morris, I think I love you

Right, I guess I just saw it differently. I like Young a lot, I wish there were more commentators like him on ESPN, and less like the completely, 100% biased Cris Carter. That dude will hate on us all day for no reason!

Morris & Griffin have combined for 1820 rush yards, 153 yards short of the 1979 Cardinals record for combined rookie rush yards.

Gotta give credit too to the full backs and the OL, in fairness for the running lanes that they have provided -- they've all done a hell of a job.

Morris is definitely a stud.

Watching Morris run is positively painful. No burst and no home run hitting ability. Seems like only yesterday somebody around here was saying that. ;) :tongue2:

I'll give you that he's not the fastest guy around but damn if he doesn't hit the hole suddenly and gets every yard he can out of the tiniest crease. That and his ability to finish runs is just unbelievable. Seeing him and Helu as a one-two punch should be interesting but I don't think Helu is the long-term answer for that role. I'd like to see a faster, shiftier guy like a Sproles or a Jacquizz Rogers type, not to mention his durability issues.

heath evans is another punk ass ...who hates alot on tha skins ! doug martin has tha same rushing yards as morris 1,106 and there all over his jock...the only way were going to get respect is to win this division ! the record is going to get broken big time..

I love RG III and we all know it...that is NOT in question...

but to me, Morris should have gotten the rookie of the week nomination over him. And I bet he would agree too.

i agree, i think he was tha top rusher next up to peterson !

I love RG III and we all know it...that is NOT in question...

but to me, Morris should have gotten the rookie of the week nomination over him. And I bet he would agree too.

I agree with you, but how can you say either one was more important to the victory? It's hard to make that distinction, and one could argue that BOTH of them could be in the conversation every week!

Nice! He needs more recognition.

I'd love to get an Alfred Morris chant going at the game. Kind of a Marco Polo type thing. AL-FRED! MOR-RIS!

I guess one of the problems with that is that the current fans don't seem to be smart enough to do something like that briefly and then quiet down to let the offense work. Its tough to do during a timeout because of all the loud advertising and music.

If you didn't love him before you gotta love him now

There are still people saying Morris is nothing but a product of the zone read option. Ha!

1) They don't run much zone-read; on the year, I'd bet its only around 25% of snaps. Definitely less than 50%.

2) ZBS/Zone-read option combination gets you to 1000 yards if you've got a decent back. A GOOD back gets to 1600+ yards with talent. Evan Royster or Roy Helu would have probably finished with 1000-1100 yards, not 1600.

3) Morris' ability to cut back on a dime, his quickness, his TOUGHNESS, and his vision are something we haven't seen in a Shanny RB since Terrell Davis. Dude is undeniably talented.

So yes, the scheme did benefit Morris, but he would have eclipsed 1000-yards in any system with his running-style, ability to make guys miss, and the defense's inability to bring him down with the first tackler.

There are still people saying Morris is nothing but a product of the zone read option. Ha!

1) They don't run much zone-read; on the year, I'd bet its only around 25% of snaps. Definitely less than 50%.

2) ZBS/Zone-read option combination gets you to 1000 yards if you've got a decent back. A GOOD back gets to 1600+ yards with talent. Evan Royster or Roy Helu would have probably finished with 1000-1100 yards, not 1600.

3) Morris' ability to cut back on a dime, his quickness, his TOUGHNESS, and his vision are something we haven't seen in a Shanny RB since Terrell Davis. Dude is undeniably talented.

So yes, the scheme did benefit Morris, but he would have eclipsed 1000-yards in any system with his running-style, ability to make guys miss, and the defense's inability to bring him down with the first tackler.

I love the people who wont give an RB credit where it's due...

Barry Sanders is the only RB to ever have any kind of sustained success behind an offensive line that didn't make him... There are 3 RBs in the league right now the I feel have legit yards after contact skill... Adrian Peterson, Marshawn Lynch, and our beloved Alfred Morris...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.