• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Access Denied - Website Firewall

DixieFlatline

BGO NFL Pickem Champ 2021
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Alma Mater
William and Mary
Yesterday I started getting an Access Denied from the Sucuri Website Firewall. I've seen this once or twice before, but it was always transient. This time is constant and seems related to my VPN. It says access to my Country is disabled by the admin, but the server I'm using on my VPN is in Charlotte. If I turn off my VPN, it works. If I change to a different server in the US, I still have problems except for one or two instances.

1636119953905.png

I'm going to whitelist your IP. That should take care of the problem. Not sure why that's happening. Let me know if this doesn't fix it.

That didn't seem to work when I switched to another server. I suspect my IP is going to be slightly different each time. I just tested across a few servers and they all started with 192.145.117. It was just the last set of numbers that changed. Can you try a mask like 192.145.117.*? Not a huge deal if you can't.

Sucuri doesn't allow using a mask - you can only whitelist specific individual IPs. Let me put in a ticket with Sucuri and see what they suggest. I'm wondering if your server isn't somehow linked to a blocked country. Not sure why else it would be getting blocked based on country origin?

Ticket is in, I'll let you know what I find out.

They have whitelisted IP addresses from
192.145.117.0 to 192.145.117.255

I think they determined that was 'the range' of IP addresses your server is assigning. Let me know if this has fixed your issue.

DixieFlatline - let me know when you can that this fixed it so I can close the support ticket if so. Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.