• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

A Close-Up Introduction To Jay Gruden For Redskins Fans

I asked those questions of Matt Williamson, who studies NFL personnel for ESPN.com. Williamson noted that most of the Bengals' talented offense was collected during Gruden's tenure, often to his specifications, and seemed part of what he viewed as a plan to surround an average quarterback with superior weapons.

"I think he maximized Dalton," Williamson said. "That's a feather in his cap. Dalton was especially good in the red zone, and that's a reflection of the playcaller. You could make an argument that Dalton is a guy that entered the league with very, very average tools. I think they have coached him up to his max.

--John Keim

In John Madden voice:
'Even if you cut off his arms and legs, Jay Gruden is still the best torso in coaching!'

I used to have genital warts, but since I started cheering for Jay Gruden, they've vanished. Thanks Coach Gruden!

A young Jay Gruden shares the finer nuances of quarterbacking with his childhood buddy, Bruce Allen.

Can't wait for our first Monday Night game...going to be Epic!

Jon: Mike, let me tell you...this Jay Gruden Offense is fast! Not Chip Kelly fast...it's Gruden fast! And now that he's reigned in RG3 and got him quieted down and focused..I look at this season and expect big things.

Jay and Silent Bob Strike back! Gruden style!

Jay one time pancaked the volunteer coach during Pop Warner practice.

The volunteer coach was Chuck Norris.

Man I love the post McD5! I'm very excited, and I believe Gruden is going to make a huge impact very quickly.

We need Gruden photoshopped up into Buddy Christ!!!!

Here ya go. Had to loose the stash....

buddy Jay.jpg

Someone needs to pass to McD5 that the Potomac is frozen right now.

All of our corners except Amerson are free agents. The team has to develop a plan there as well.

No, he took a pay cut to stay but they didn't extend his deal past 2013 from what I recall.

Cooley mentioned Hall coming back as a free safety in 2014.

I feel like hall has turned into the kind of guy we want... It's been a long road with him. Hate to see him go now.

Evidently he is willing to come back at safety in 2014 if that is what the team wants him to do.

The other veteran corners here, Wilson and Biggers, are waiver wire quality and need to hit the road.

I have a very strong feeling that Hall will be back, an will take over some of the leadership that Fletch provided. I thought Hall had 1 of his best seasons in 2013.

I don't think Hall is or ever will be a 'leader'. He's stepped up his game for sure, but he's one of our top knuckleheads and I don't see that changing.

I'll clarify that I think you can lead 'on the field' with solid play and work ethic - and he's progressed on that front. But like Mike said - he is a hothead and prone to let his emotions get the best of him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.