• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

A Close-Up Introduction To Jay Gruden For Redskins Fans

Sorry didn't see your original post about A.J. Green..

I agree with you though. IF we were to add an A.J. Green type, you would see a very scary offense, exponentially more effective in the redzone.

I'm not sure I wouldn't take Garçon over Green right now but that is just me.

Forget Cincinnati!

Gruden admitted he has to adapt to the talent he has.

Griffin is nothing like Dalton.

Morris is nothing like Bernard.

Garçon and AJ Green are not really comparable either.

The offenses are going to look very different.

Did Joe Gibbs' offense here look like the Chargers under Coryell?

In fairness, Gibbs offense to start that first season looked a lot like the Chargers under Coryell, or at least he tried to make it look that way. He adapted after starting 0-5 because he knew if he didn't fix it the end of the first year he might not get a second year at all.

"As that's happening, I'm on the bench and Jay turns around, face red as hell and yells "MIKE BROWN, IF YOU EVER GET BEAT LIKE THAT YOU WILL NEVER F'N PLAY FOR ME AGAIN!!" I was a rookie and was wide eyed and said, "ooook." I looked around at all my teammates and all the fans by the bench, they were looking back at me like, "what the hell? I looked back at them and shrugged. I said to myself man this dude is nuts. He is ultra competitive and does not want to lose. He cut the guy the next day."

"As that's happening, I'm on the bench and Jay turns around, face red as hell and yells "MIKE BROWN, IF YOU EVER GET BEAT LIKE THAT YOU WILL NEVER F'N PLAY FOR ME AGAIN!!" I was a rookie and was wide eyed and said, "ooook." I looked around at all my teammates and all the fans by the bench, they were looking back at me like, "what the hell? I looked back at them and shrugged. I said to myself man this dude is nuts. He is ultra competitive and does not want to lose. He cut the guy the next day."

You could find quotes like that for every coach on the planet McD5. I'm not really interested in hype and hyperbole. It'll be progress and success on the field that gets me excited.

What bothered me in 2013 was that Shanahan didn't communicate well with a number of players who seemed as if they were in the doghouse in perpetuity but were kept on the roster eating up cap room.

Is Robert twittering again on current redskins situation? Was discussed on Mike & Mike this morning. Take-away from them: don't do it! no matter what you post it will be taken the wrong way.

He has to let it go. I hate agreeing with it, but Ladanian said "he is insecure. When I played I never read that stuff because I didnt care what you thought." Its obvious that Robert is way too plugged in to social media and cares way too much.

Yeah. I would have probably been better had he not said what he did. Nothing he posted was all that earth-shattering, but the fact that he said it at all is what's news. It read like something one of us posts when we've had a bad day and someone says just the wrong thing at the wrong time. Nothing wrong with typing it all out, but then you have to remember to hit 'delete' and not 'send'. :)

Ultimately I don't see it as a huge deal. It'll be forgotten by August.

EDIT: That is, of course, if he stops talking between then and now ...

Is Robert twittering again on current redskins situation? Was discussed on Mike & Mike this morning. Take-away from them: don't do it! no matter what you post it will be taken the wrong way.

he posted on facebook addressing some of the criticism

which all goes back to some things that were being pointed out during the offseason, training camp, and early on in the season...

He really needs to learn to choose his battles wisely. I have to admit, my first reaction when I saw his latest social media posts was that the spotlight was focused elsewhere with the new head coach and he wanted it back. I will admit, that is probably my bias, but...

I can see it that way, but I think Henry got it more right. He is probably tired of everything, was having a bad day, and some idiot on Facebook made a crack about his sleeve and him being selfish.

I'd get tired of it way faster than him. But every man has his limits and he appears to have hit his.

But I think we all agree that he needs to just put the keyboard/mobile down and take a breather.

But I don't believe the fan made a crack, I think it was a legitimate question, and he gave a legitimate answer.

I've talked to you about this 10000 times, at times I hate having conversations over any form of text, be it phone text, internet, facebook, whatever, because you cannot hear the tone the person is saying it in. It's black and white and open to whatever level of interpretation. I can call you a dirtbag, and depending on how I say it, it could be a sarcastic joke, a term of endearment, or a legitimate trash talk. I don't know his tone behind his facebook post, and he's the only person who does.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.