• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

90 Years

Which 10 should be added?

• Champ Bailey - CB

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Deangelo Hall - CB

• Stephen Davis - RB

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Joe Lavender - CB

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Laverne Torgeson - Player / Coach

• Kirk Cousins - QB

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Alfred Morris - RB

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Mike Sellars - RB

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Darryl Grant - DT

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • Larry Peccatiello - Coach

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Chip Lohmiller - K

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • London Fletcher - LB

Votes: 11 100.0%
  • Chris Cooley - TE

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Santana Moss - WR

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • Ryan Kerrigan - DE/LB

Votes: 11 100.0%

• Total voters
I was shocked to see that Grant wasn't already on the list. That was a travesty to me.

The lack of love here for Torgy and Peccatiello is surprising to me as well. I considered those guys givens.

Last edited:
I think it's a generational thing with Grant. Most will remember Butz, Manley, mann, and the hogs...but, the lunchbox guys get forgotten

Cooley and Champ do not belong on there.

Cooley didn't have a big enough body of work
Champ didn't stay here long enough and he hates the organization.

We are now scraping the bottom of the barrel. Next up: randle el

I dont have a problem with Cooley... though admittedly it's coming from the 'fan favorite' side more than anything else.

I agree about Champ. I think Sellars could have been a better choice... but that again is more fan favorite vote than true on field accomplishments.

As a person and "character" Cooley is only bested by a few. But, as a player, he's not even our best tight end/scat back we've ever had.

Alfred Morris, Wilbur Marshall, Alvin Walton, and many more deserve it if it's just a fan thing.

Completely agree. I loved Cooley when he played, but it felt like he disappeared quickly from a relevance standpoint. It just goes to show you a big personality is worth more than football production.

As for Bailey, the guy is a Bronco. He’s as much a Redskin as John Riggins is a Jet.

That guy is the epitome of what a fan wants. If I could clone any DL person we'd have, he'd be top 3 in my discussion of them.

Manley, Mann, Kerrigan.

Can i just complain again for a minute.... I know this is not a 'big' deal, but again it's an easy opportunity to endear your fans and you miss it.

Why is this not the highlight clip for Grant? Seriously? Tackling a Cardinals QB.. THIS play is top 3 moments in franchise HISTORY.

They missed the opportunity because..they don't know this organization. Nobody in the media department thought to ask any real fan what highlights they should have.

Cooley would have been against Detroit or the dallass game where we crushed them.by half.

They don't care about us. We're the dinosaurs, and they are just trying to make us happy

THIS play is top 3 moments in franchise HISTORY.

We can also agree that the Riggins run against the Fins is one of the other Top 3.
What would be the 3rd ?

One play that comes to mind for me, and it may not be Top 3, but I think it's very under-rated, is the Darrell Green punt return for a TD against the Bears in the playoffs, while running half the distance, with injured ribs

The top 3 are definitely the three you all mentioned and probably in this order:

1. Riggins TD run in the Super Bowl
2. Grant TD in the NFC Championship
3. Green punt return TD in the Divisional Round in Chicago

There have been lots of other plays, but none can match these. All 3 in the playoffs. Riggins and Grant clinch the games late. Green gives them the lead in the 2nd half they never relinquish.

You could pick any moment in the 2nd quarter of the 87 Super Bowl, the pass break up by Green against the Vikings in 87 as well. The 91 team was so dominant, I'm not sure there was 1 iconic moment from that year.

Portis' first touch as a Redskins was a great regular season moment for sure.

It's a shame the Vincent blocked FG didn't lead to anything better. It was a fantastic ending to a game though.

We can also agree that the Riggins run against the Fins is one of the other Top 3.
What would be the 3rd ?

One play that comes to mind for me, and it may not be Top 3, but I think it's very under-rated, is the Darrell Green punt return for a TD against the Bears in the playoffs, while running half the distance, with injured ribs

I think Mike and Kel nailed it.... Darrell Green PR vs Chicago. It's just iconic.

Moss's second TD on MNF against the Cowboys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.