• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

53 Man Roster Thread

SilentThreat

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Thought we could use a spot to post updates on the cut downs that have to be done by Saturday September 5 @ 4:00pm

Gonna start it off with my final roster prediction.

So the rules as I read them state that in 2020 the roster will 53 man. HOWEVER a team can elevate up to 2 players each week from their PS, without subjecting those players to waivers when they automatically return to the PS within 2 days of the game. These PS players can only be elevated in this fashion 2 times over the course of the season. These players DO NOT have to be active on game day.

There are also some IR rules that are different for this year. There is no limit on the number of players that can be activated from IR. The time table has changed as well. This year players placed on IR are eligible to return to practice after 3 weeks, and once a player returns to practice the team has 21 days to reactivate them to the active roster.

53 permanent active players / up to 2 additional call ups
47 players dress on game day.

16 PS players
6 of them allowed to be veterans of any type, not restricted to regulations set for previous seasons (maximum 2 years of service)
4 of them can be protected from week to week.
2 can be activated each week, players can only be activated and returned 2 times over the course of the season.

This allows the movement up and down based on the threat of a positive Covid test at a key position.

QB (3)
Dwayne Haskins
Kyle Allen
Alex Smith
RB (5)
Adrian Peterson
Bryce Love
Antonio Gibson
J.D. McKissic
Peyton Barber
WR (5)
Terry McLaurin
Dontrelle Inman
Steven Sims Jr
Antonio Gandy-Golden
Isiah Wright
TE (3)
Logan Thomas
Marcus Baugh
Richard Rodgers
O-Line (10)
Chase Roullier (C)
Keith Ismael (C/G)
Wes Schweitzer (G)
Brandon Scherff (G)
Joshua Garnett (G)
Wes Martin (G)
Geron Christian (T)
Morgan Moses (T)
David Sharpe (T)
Cornelius Lucas (T)
Offense: 26

D-Line (8)
Chase Young
Montez Sweat
Ryan Kerrigan
Ryan Anderson
Jonathan Allen
Daron Payne
Tim Settle
Matt Ioannidis
LB (6)
Jon Bostic
Thomas Davis
Cole Holcomb
Sean Dion-Hamilton
Kevin Pierre Lewis
Khaleke Hudson
CB (5)
Ronald Darby
Kendall Fuller
Fabian Moreau
Jimmy Moreland
Greg Stroman
S (5)
Landon Collins
Troy Apke
Deshazor Everett
Sean Davis
Kamren Curl
Defense: 24
ST (3)
Tress Way
Dustin Hopkins
Nick Sunberg

IR: These guys would have to make the final 53 before getting designated for IR the following day. Foster may get waived and if he makes it through then sent to IR but Charles likely gets retained while we waive Lucas. At 4pm on Sunday Sept. 6, we likely IR Charles and re-activate Lucas, or let Lucas go and sign another depth guy.

Reuben Foster
Saadiq Charles

PS:
Ross Peirschbacher
James Smith-Williams
Jordan Brailford
Cam Sims
Trey Quinn
Hale Hentges
Ryan Bee
Jeremy Reaves
Danny Johnson
Timon Parris
Steven Montez
(leaving this open for additional cut or pickup another cut)

I will do my best to update this thread with players getting released as we approach cut downs. Feel free to kill my 53 man roster lol. Cheers.

Cuts: Will keep this list running as a reference and the corresponding number that it brings the roster to, to try and keep up. Trading for Sharpe brought us to 81, so AP dropped us to 80.

Last edited:
So is Sprinkle injured or you thinking they finally cut bait?

So is Sprinkle injured or you thinking they finally cut bait?

I think we move on. I have heard NOTHING about any TEs in camp other than Thomas and Baugh. I just feel like Rivera and co. have no connection with Sprinkle. Rodgers is a vet guy who has played with the best in the league. If it was me, I'm keeping Thomas, Baugh, and Hentges. I want to see if there is any glimmer of hope coming out of the position group so I can see just how dire of a need it is next offseason. I think Hentges could sneak his way on instead of Rodgers... but hearing little to nothing coming out about either one in camp... I went with the vet guy.

I SWEAR I wrote mine before I read this...

Are we sleeping on Richard Rodgers? Rivera said he would look for veterans more this year due to the weirdness of COVID-19. Logan Thomas and Marcus Baugh seem the top two, but is Rodgers ahead of incumbent Jeremy Sprinkle? Maybe.

This is an interesting list of battles. Putting together my 53 the hardest position group for me was the O-line.

I think we move on. I have heard NOTHING about any TEs in camp other than Thomas and Baugh. I just feel like Rivera and co. have no connection with Sprinkle. Rodgers is a vet guy who has played with the best in the league. If it was me, I'm keeping Thomas, Baugh, and Hentges. I want to see if there is any glimmer of hope coming out of the position group so I can see just how dire of a need it is next offseason. I think Hentges could sneak his way on instead of Rodgers... but hearing little to nothing coming out about either one in camp... I went with the vet guy.

I haven’t even heard Sprinkle’s name since Gruden was sent packing, so much so that I keep thinking ‘didn’t we release him?’.

I agree with your prediction on TEs, with the wildcard being we could still (as Burgundy Burner has suggested) trade for one or pick someone up off waivers.

Smith-Williams could find his way onto this roster quickly. I have 5 safeties, Smith-Williams could bump one of those guys... specifically Sean Davis.

It's not too much different. I actually side with BB on some of these where he left open a roster spot in certain positions for a waiver wire pickup... namely TE / WR. I personally chose to plug in current players but it's very possible, and even likely, that those things happen. Another one is Smith. I could absolutely see Smith hitting IR since he would be eligible to return after week 3. Logan Thomas can be an emergency 3rd QB in a terrible situation that we get to that point in a single game.

I think they like our TEs more than we do. I’m not sure who is out there (or likely to become available) that would represent a real upgrade?

I think they like our TEs more than we do. I’m not sure who is out there (or likely to become available) that would represent a real upgrade?

I imagine it would be someone who comes available around 4pm Saturday... not someone walking the street now

i listened to his presser just now. The question he answered there was if he was looking for ‘blocking TEs’ or ‘Receiving TEs’ and what did he look for in his TEs.He didn’t really say a lot regarding how good they are feeling about this group.

I imagine it would be someone who comes VailBlr around 4pm Saturday... not someone walking the street now
Yeah, I get that. Same question though. I think the other thing to keep in mind is that anyone we bring in now is probably unusable for the first quarter of the season since they Won’t know the playbook (especially offensive players). Not saying that would keep us from signing someone if they are a major upgrade, but I think it’s a factor.

Yeah, I get that. Same question though. I think the other thing to keep in mind is that anyone we bring in now is probably unusable for the first quarter of the season since they Won’t know the playbook (especially offensive players). Not saying that would keep us from signing someone if they are a major upgrade, but I think it’s a factor.

Hard to argue. I said it earlier in the thread, if it's me I'm going Thomas, baugh, hentges

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.