• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2022 Roster Updates

Ron talked lovingly about the run game for a considerable amount of time in the presser. It sounded like that is the identity he wants. He will have to get Turner on that same page.

He also mentioned ‘with a healthy JD McKissic back’…. I took that as a positive sign.
That basically confirms to me that Ron basically told Scotty to run the ball more at the Bye and it's one of the main reasons the four game win streak happened.
If you had an OC that was situationally aware and understood his personnel, the HC wouldn't have to do this.
It's why I wished the team would move on from Turner. He's too much like his Dad.

I think this is on par with what the team sees... may not be much attention focused on the O line. I do however think these are somewhat deceptive with Heinicke going full houdini at times, but hard to argue there wasn't improvement with the additions of Leno, Cosmo, and Flowers

5th is actually really good. Considering we had a guy who was still trying to learn back there I am impressed with that.

Scherff is not the piece needed to become a consistent contender, plus as Boone stated **** him. Let some other team overpay for him at his age and injury history, maybe it will be like Cousins, you think Minny isn't regretting that decision now and some foolish FO will pay Scherff stupid guaranteed money and watch him be what he is, good but isn't getting you anywhere at the end of the day.

Just to play the other side here: we said the same about Trent and he's still dominating out there.

5th is great. But there were games where it looked like the worst line in the league. Denver and Dallas (twice) come to mind. I know there are teams that know how to attack and there were injuries and COVID to deal with as well. But they need to work on the consistency so that they don’t become a weak spot in certain games.

Just to play the other side here: we said the same about Trent and he's still dominating out there.

My angst towards TW was directed at him using the "medical" issue as leverage for a new contract, it was always about the money.

My angst towards TW was directed at him using the "medical" issue as leverage for a new contract, it was always about the money.
I mean, he did have a tumor that wasn't diagnosed properly and he deserves the contract if you judge his play now even.

Whatever the deal was with Williams, I’m a big fan of this this weekend. I hope he buries Randy Gregory, DeMarcus Lawrence, and Micah Parsons into the ground on every play as the SF offense dominates up and down the field.

The team botched Trent...

Trent got mad at the team and it was beyond reconcile... even if the team WANTED to do right

The same thing happened with Kirk. Both instances the team's mishandling priced they beyond their presumed value.

The difference is Trent is still an All Pro LT... Scherff may be an All Pro OG, but I think the positon value is much lower than LT. I also think his injury history changes the dynamic. Yes Trent was 1 failed drug test away from suspension... but the NFL no longer tests for that. In the moment I eventually got to a point where I was ok saying "see ya." Reflecting back... Man I wish he was still here.

Looks like Scherff is pretty much gone

There's no doubt Washington would like him back; he remains a top player at his position. He has made one All-Pro team and he's a five-time Pro Bowler. But he also has played on the franchise tag the past two seasons and there has been little legitimate movement toward a long-term deal, whether that's because of a desire to leave or because the tag made a deal difficult. Washington did make an offer that would have made Scherff the highest-paid guard, but playing on the tag was a smarter business decision. The hard part for Washington now would be: What sort of contract do you offer? Scherff has not played a full season since 2016 and has missed a combined 22 games the past four years. As good as he is, and despite a desire to keep him around, this relationship appears to have run its course. -- John Keim

I think we all knew that. Taking the tag the 2nd year is almost a guarantee they won’t re-sign, unless there is a major change with the player. I’m pretty confident the team’s plans do not include him.

Did anyone actually think him staying was still in play? This news is like saying the sky is blue, we offered a ton of $$ for a player who is injured for a few games every year and he declined in order to take the tag, he learned well from capt happy feet Cousins how to play that game, let someone else overpay for his services, adios Scherff.

Did anyone actually think him staying was still in play? This news is like saying the sky is blue, we offered a ton of $$ for a player who is injured for a few games every year and he declined in order to take the tag, he learned well from capt happy feet Cousins how to play that game, let someone else overpay for his services, adios Scherff.

not really, but it's the first time we've seen any actual reporting from the team... that's the only reason I shared it.

Thinking that the McKissic, Carter, and McCain deals are coming soon. Also, thinking that the team will re-sign Apke, Larsen, Humphries, Seals-Jones, McTyer, and maybe Danny Johnson.

Not sure if the team can afford to keep Settle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.