• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2022 Roster Updates

if we ink all those guys i doubt we can keep Settle. I would assume that would be mean Collins fate with the team lies with what we do at QB. If we're able to get a Vet, Collins is gone. If we ultimately end up drafting a QB in the 1st, Collins' likelihood of getting moved goes down, but not away completely.

The longer it takes for a McLaurin deal to get done, the more worried we should be. :co-obvious:

The longer it takes for a McLaurin deal to get done, the more worried we should be. :co-obvious:

Well the league year doesn't start til the 17th.. that's likely when the deals start getting announced because the offseason technically starts then. I know we signed Leno but he was due to be a free agent... Terry is not.

Likely see McCain, Mckissic and others signed first since they're due to hit the market

It also depends what type of money Terry is looking for as well, I want him signed but there's that cost benefit analysis piece as well. We know he's good, but how good is difficult to discern because he hasn't had a QB who could throw deep or on a dime, pretty much since he came here. Tough to not under or over evaluate based on the sample size we've had.

I appreciate ST's logic. I'm just saying that McLaurin is the biggest no-brainer re-sign in a decade. He's literally our only top tier offensive talent and is seemingly (and I do say 'seemingly') happy in Washington. That's the kind of player you overpay for on a new contract, and you don't blink an eye doing it. People assume that because he says all the right things, that he 'wants to be here' and that the team will do whatever it takes to retain him. I'm not going to assume any of that. The longer it takes to get his deal done, the more worried fans should be.

Has any team signed players to new deals who aren't FA's yet? I honestly don't know, I've been swamped in work so much lately I'm probably way behind on certain things.

Charles Leno signed early last month just before the season ended. David Mayo signed a new contract one month ago today. Corn Elder and Jonathan Williams re-signed two days after the last game of the season. Jordan Kunaszyk re-signed four days after the season ended.

Charles Leno signed early last month just before the season ended. David Mayo signed a new contract one month ago today. Corn Elder and Jonathan Williams re-signed two days after the last game of the season. Jordan Kunaszyk re-signed four days after the season ended.

All those guys were set to become free agents if I'm not mistaken.

Most teams aren't signing guys that are still under contract for 2022 quite yet.

A little more of the obvious, but still coming from 'the guy'

They know they can afford McKissic - not sure what they are waiting for as every day you wait is a day another team can snipe a talented player away. Guess all we can do is trust the process. They'd better get a McLaurin extension done. They think the Sean Taylor celebration freak out was bad, lose McLaurin with a lowball offer or lack of urgency and watch the total nuclear meltdown that ensues.

And here we go... Collins expected to be cut (as Chris pointed out this morning, rumors started earlier today, this is the first 'report' i've seen)

His contract exceeds his value by A LOT, if he won't restructure, oh well and I'm not so sure about cashing in again, he's no going to get crazy money after being injured and being exposed as a total coverage liability.

The Ghost pointed this out on twitter so I checked

And according to Over The Cap he's right...

1646929431261.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.