• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2022 OTA / Camp thread

The interesting factor to me is that I have absolutely no problem with Chase making the decision to rehab as he sees fit. Especially considering the state and history of the teams training staff.

He is probably better served sticking with the protocol he chose and I see no need for him to delay or interrupt that program in order to just ‘be around’ the team. Rivera made it a bigger issue than it needed to be by harping on it.

I see this as a completely different situation than last offseason. I gave him no benefit of the doubt for that. He needs to take the very best path towards being ready for camp. If that is conducted remotely, so be it.

Now, Sweat not attending? That is a bigger and more questionable behavior for me.

Thats fine... if that's what he chooses, but like Rivera and Co with some of the decisions they've made regarding personnel... he better be right. If he's going to choose to rehab away from the team... he will not get the 'benefit of the doubt' if the rehab process pushes long. If he's unable to be as explosive, or powerful, people will start wondering if it was his rehab process. If he shows up 'out of shape,' the conversations will be starting about if he's even got a future in the league. If he's out of position, people start talking about how he was not with the team during the offseason. If nothing else, as Boone just pointed out... it appears tone-deaf.

It opens the questions about his mentality, and what his priorities are. Again, none of this stuff is a 'red flag' at this point.. he just better be right. Stumbling out of the gate, the questions are going to start flying. If he comes back and balls out, nobody will care... if he doesnt....

It's not just about his 'rehab' and 'being in shape' - it's knowing how to play in this defense. Let's face it - having physical skills has never been an issue for Chase Young. But coming off an embarassing season start in 2021 where Chase Young didn't appear to even know what he was supposed to be doing in this defense, one would think he'd take every opportunity WITH THE TEAM and his COACHES to drill this defense into his brain.

That's what I question. I'm not even sure he would acknowledge he played poorly last season and has yet to justify any of the hype he came into the league with.

It's not just about his 'rehab' and 'being in shape' - it's knowing how to play in this defense. Let's face it - having physical skills has never been an issue for Chase Young. But coming off an embarassing season start in 2021 where Chase Young didn't appear to even know what he was supposed to be doing in this defense, one would think he'd take every opportunity WITH THE TEAM and his COACHES to drill this defense into his brain.

That's what I question. I'm not even sure he would acknowledge he played poorly last season and has yet to justify any of the hype he came into the league with.

exactly

Lord I hope not. I don't get the 'Diva' vibe from him the way it radiated off Arrington. Bottom line - if Young comes in and lights it up in 2022, none of this matters a bit. Let's hope that's what happens.

Lord I hope not. I don't get the 'Diva' vibe from him the way it radiated off Arrington. Bottom line - if Young comes in and lights it up in 2022, none of this matters a bit. Let's hope that's what happens.

I could see it. I hate to say that but i could. That picture I posted before screames Hollywood to me. Hanging out in the ring before (or maybe after) the fight, designer clothes... When pretty much the whole D-line got together and went to a Caps playoff game... he wasn't there. In a vaccuum, none of his actions scream problem, but as things progress, you can see a direction it could go that would be a problem.

Since he's come here, we've all be excited about his personality on the sidelines. From running down and celebrating, to the "HEINI-KE!" moment, it's fun, but if he's continuing to do things his own way and not being present with the team on Monday - Saturday, we may find ourselves looking back feeling differently.

Again, I agree. I really hope he comes in and lights it up, it's the best for all parties involved.... just sharing something I've noticed.

It's OTAs , but I wonder it we see more of Gibson out wide...

Good. They have Chase on a leash.

not exactly breaking news, more what we all expected to be hearing out of camp.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.