• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2022 OTA / Camp thread

LET'S GO!!

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

More importantly, agree that Heinicke handles those questions like a total pro 🤛🏻

Chris

Super Bowl MVP
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

He actually didnt really ask the question... it stemmed from a podcast Taylor shot with Will Compton and Taylor Lewan called 'Bussin with the boys'

Its a very informal interview, and if you have an hour or so, it's worth a listen.... Loverro's question was in response to what Heinicke said there.
Leverro did ask the question at the presser. Galdi played the audio on his pod and identified him.

SilentThreat

Super Bowl MVP
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score

Leverro did ask the question at the presser. Galdi played the audio on his pod and identified him.

yeah, but it was in response to the quotes from that podcast, it wasn't totally Lovarro coming up with it on his own. He didnt' come up with it to stir a pot COMPLETELY organically.

Chris

Super Bowl MVP
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

John Keim’s latest podcast, a conversation with Don Warren, was really good. Warren just retired from the team’s scouting dept.

He loves the TE group. Loves Thomas, loves Bates, loves Turner, and is very intrigued with Hodges. Nary a mention of anyone else. The Reyes and AGG experiments are going to come to an end.

Rhino-Rhino

The Rookie
Reaction score

Fun interview .. Donnie has us going 10-7. Pretty bold considering we've won only 10 games 3 times going back to 1999, but hey love the positive things he had to say and I can't wait to see if this offense can finally string something together

Chris

Super Bowl MVP
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

It was interesting that he touched on the fact that the Colts OL ranked 30th in pass protection last season and that their receiver corp was no where near as talented as Washingtons.

Those 2 things might just make a difference for Wentz. 😉

Lovin Cousins

The Rookie
Reaction score

Absolutely knocks it out of the park...

His Mama clearly didn’t raise a fool.
More importantly, agree that Heinicke handles those questions like a total pro

Also, didn't Heinicke earn basically the Highest Degree...in the Highest Math (wasn't it actually called 'Higher Math') ?
So I'm not surprised at all, that he "gets it", when it comes to salary implications on a team :)

Om

Super Bowl MVP
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score

Virginia Tech

I took Higher Math in college too.

MikefromOH

The Hall of Famer
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Navy

Chase Young is going to miss some of the beginning of the season according to Rivera

To me , that means another slow season for him. He isn't practicing or in game shape, but he is going to come in around (let's just say) week 4 and play against people who are ready to go.

I don't think this is going to be pretty.

Lovin Cousins

The Rookie
Reaction score

Chase Young is going to miss some of the beginning of the season according to Rivera

To me , that means another slow season for him. He isn't practicing or in game shape, but he is going to come in around (let's just say) week 4 and play against people who are ready to go.

I don't think this is going to be pretty.

This is not a shot against Young. But didn't the defense, including the D-Line do well in his absence last year ?
Again, please don't take that like I'm saying we don't need him, or he's a disappointment. But just the fact that we have guys behind him that can do a respectable job.
Like Toohill and JSW.
And now we have Efe Obada, who I think is in line to start. So if Obada is considered a better option than the other couple guys I mentioned, we should be in good shape.

Or maybe you're referring to when Young comes back, and more concerned with rust on his part ?
I wouldn't worry about that either. With his combination of motivation, maturity, discipline, and talent, I don't think it will take him long to settle back in.

And I think it's interesting that TE Reyes, who never played football before, lasted longer at TE, than AGG.
Although with all the talented guys we brought in this year, I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone too

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

I mean, just about every NFL team has someone coming off an ACL injury. We seem to have more instances of players who get injured and inexplicably never fully recover? For God's sake - Curtis Samuel needs to show a groin pull or whatever his issue was last year has healed. We need to have a starting TE who can stay on the field for more than a game and a half. And our RBs need to play more than half a season healthy.

Your roster strength is one thing. Guys actually staying on the playing field throughout the season is another.

Kind of feels like we've been cursed on that front for a long time. I'd love to see us have most of our star players playing together for extended periods, including Chase Young. Specific to Young - I'm one of the few fans who remain skeptical he is the player he's been hyped up to be, even when fully healthy. He has as much to prove in my opinion as any guy on this roster. I hope he IS the guy most of the fanbase believes he is, I really do.

SilentThreat

Super Bowl MVP
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score

Dotson is continuing to impress... i've heard a bunch of reports of him making quality plays effortlessly.

JP Finlay did mention on his podcast that he saw Dotson get yelled at for the first time from an 'unnamed assistant coach' because there was a play and he was completely lost. I am not saying this as a detriment, instead it's probably a good sign that he's not 'perfect.' He will continue to be driven.

MikefromOH

The Hall of Famer
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Navy

A rookie lost in his first week of camp?!! How dare he!! Not talking to you, bro, just overall.

I bet that unnamed coach wouldn't want us screaming at him every time he called a run up the gut with the smallest guy on 3rd and 8!! Lol

I hate those padded helmets. They just look corny and I'm really wondering what they protect.

Also, who was 85? That's a big ass boy!!

Rhino-Rhino

The Rookie
Reaction score

A rookie lost in his first week of camp?!! How dare he!! Not talking to you, bro, just overall.

I bet that unnamed coach wouldn't want us screaming at him every time he called a run up the gut with the smallest guy on 3rd and 8!! Lol

I hate those padded helmets. They just look corny and I'm really wondering what they protect.

I believe that's Mr Cole Turner who I've read is coming on nicely plus in that Donnie Warren interview from last week he had good things to say about him as well . I have to admit I haven't watched a Ron Rivera interview since last year and I was really impressed by his demeanor the other day. He just looked and sounded like a guy that is concentrating more on being a head coach and not the guy who first came here and was single handily trying to change the culture and dealing with cancer. He appears to be laser focused IMO

SilentThreat

Super Bowl MVP
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score

SUPPOSEDLY they're protective against concussions but they're not even padded practices so who knows... there's no actual contact

Some major players wearing them so you have to think there's SOMETHING to it

SilentThreat

Super Bowl MVP
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score

I dont know if Kerrigan has lost some of that extra muscle since he stopped the NFL DE lifestyle, or if Sweat is just that big... but his arms look HUGE next to Kerrigan.

My assumption is Kerrigan has changed his lifestyle and slimmed down ever since he decided to hang them up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friend 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you Sandy ❤