• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2022 Free Agency Tracker

We already have a ton of WRs. They aren’t all going to make the final roster. Only question is who gets the short straw.

Well we signed Cam Sims back, and EVERY Wr we've ADDED over the last 3 years has been 6'0 or smaller. I think it's clear they're going with speed.

I'm kinda hoping that Dotson is our returner.

One would think but there’s also the possibility they don’t want to risk a 1st round pick’s health returning punts. Not sure what Rivera’s attitude on that is…

Every once in a while, if a guy is special, you might deploy a No. 1 pick to return a key punt.

But only if he's special.

Dotson was serviceable at punt returns in college - not spectacular, just for informational purposes.

Washington has signed Alex Erickson - WR. 6'0 - 195LB who ran a 4.44 at the combine before he was signed as an UDFA by the Bengals in 2016.

This screams Adam Humphries replacement and likely pushes guys like Harmon / AGG further out the door.

Another former Panther, but played there LAST season, therefore not under Rivera. Primarily a slot WR and I've heard he has return ability.

View attachment 5960

4DE4B34F-FBC2-42DA-8634-F6E012B7705A.jpeg

I say yes, he just can’t help himself now.

And that’s my only real knock on the guy

I don’t know Win, I get the general sentiment, but looking at the most recent pickup of Trae Turner and the rumored impending pickup of James Bradberry - that makes us immediately stronger at Guard and CB, at least for the short term. To add significant talent this late in Free Agency is great. What’s not to like?

FA pickups under Ron NOT from Carolina

- McKissic
- Schweitzer
- Jackson
- Thomas
- Fuller
- Lucas
- McCain
- Humphries
- Mayo
- Leno

Just to name a few...

All have played major roles here. So what if a few have been ex-Panthers that Ron has worked with before? The fact that he and his team, having worked with them before are willing to continue that relationship, seems a good thing to me.

Ron has also shown himself to be discerning about who he picks back up from his Carolina days. He passed on Cam, Gilmore, Reddick, and Donte Jackson.

Last edited:
So you guys see nothing wrong by dipping into mostly all the coaching and front office people from the panthers, but the majority of their players from Ron’s tenure as well? Carolina was in no way a powerhouse during the tenure either, it’s not like these are all pro’s.

If it didn’t work with those players before, how is it going to work THIS time? Routinely having Carolina as your sole free agency source is the definition of insanity to me.

Last edited:
It’s already been pointed out - that’s not been our only free agency source brother. Who are the terrible Panthers pickups we’ve had?

I think getting free agents to come to DC when they have other options is a hard sell. Much easier to sell it to guys who know Rivera apparently - that’s not a bad thing.

So you guys see nothing wrong by dipping into not only all the coaching and front office people from the panthers, but the majority of their players from Ron’s tenure as well? Carolina was in no way a powerhouse during the tenure either, it’s not like these are all pro’s.

If it didn’t work with those players before, how is it going to work THIS time? Routinely having Carolina as your sole free agency source is the definition of insanity to me.

Not if they're upgrades.

Passing on Cam and cutting Norman shows Rivera will not put friendships over team success.

It is a little tiring hearing it reported every time we sign someone l, but as it was pointed out before, there have been a number of FA signings that were not connected to Carolina.

Any new head coach who goes anywhere brings in people he knows.

Boone I’ll rephrase my ‘only’ with mostly then. 12 players in just 2.5 seasons to me is tunnel vision. I can buy that Washington isn’t a desirable place to come, but how many is enough before looking elsewhere?

Kyle Allen
Taylor Heineken
Efe Obada
Andrew Norwell
Trai Turner
Alex Erickson
Thomas Davis
Jared Norris
Tyler Larsen
Jordan Kunaszyk
Cole Luke
Marcus Baugh
Greg Olsen (attempted)

Nobody on this list is keeping opposing coaching staff’s up at night. It feels like there’s more but this was a quick search on a phone.

Staff wise is even larger with 13 assistants & or front office personnel from Carolina.

Last edited:
Boone I’ll rephrase my ‘only’ with mostly then. 12 players in just 2.5 seasons to me is tunnel vision. I can buy that Washington isn’t a desirable place to come, but how many is enough before looking elsewhere?

Kyle Allen
Taylor Heineken
Efe Obada
Andrew Norwell
Trai Turner
Alex Erickson
Thomas Davis
Jared Norris
Tyler Larsen
Jordan Kunaszyk
Cole Luke
Marcus Baugh
Greg Olsen (attempted)

Nobody on this list is keeping opposing coaching staff’s up at night. It feels like there’s more but this was a quick search on a phone.

Staff wise is even larger with 13 assistants & or front office personnel from Carolina.

You forgot:

Curtis Samuel - He has the ability to keep coordinators up at night
David Mayo
Cornelius Elder

The one thing I'll point out is that A LOT of these guys are depth guys who are not brought in to supplant existing starters.

Norwell and Turner were GOOD moves because we moved on from Scherff and Flowers.
Heinicke was an EMERGENCY signing. He was signed to be an emergency backup 'covid' QB who knew the playbook well enough he could be isolated away from the OTHER QBS. They brought him in so we didnt end up like Denver having a WR play QB. He just played himself into the backup role the following season, then started because Fitz got hurt.

I agree with you it's a LARGE amount (and like I said it gets VERY irritating that we keep hearing "Ron brings in ANOTHER former Panther", but I don't think he's trying to replicate Carolina in Washington regarding personnel, because these players are not starting. Guys like Norris, Davis, and Luke aren't even on the team anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.