• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2021 Training Camp - What are you most interested in seeing?

What are you most interested in seeing at TC?

• Dynamic rookie WR Dyami Brown

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Show me some magic - Fitzmagic

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Improved secondary with Jackson III and St-Juste

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Stud LB Jamin Davis

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Who will be the starters along the OL

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • 5' 8" RB Jaret Patterson

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Free Agent WR additions Samuels and Humphries

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • TE additions Bates and Reyes

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Seeing what Scott Turner can do with all his shiny new toys!

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Something else (please comment)

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
I guess I’m stuck on the ‘resulting from’ language in the quote you posted.

Ah. Well it says specifically "among or resulting from" not vaccinated players. So I read that to mean if the league determines a team can't take the field because of its unvaccinated players, for whatever reason, that's on the team.

Ah. Well it says specifically "among or resulting from" not vaccinated players. So I read that to mean if the league determines a team can't take the field because of its unvaccinated players, for whatever reason, that's on the team.

The tv trained lawyer in me is salivating over the idea of picking that apart. 😉

Players make way more money for the NFL than the other way around. If the players went on strike because they were being forced to vaccinate or be fired it would hurt the owners much worse than it would them in the long run.

Trying to force any American citizen to take an unproven vaccination out of fear of losing their job is outright ridiculous. This is the land of the free, not communist Russia. You want them to carry papers to in order to prove they are legal?

I'm sorry, but telling people "do this or you're fired" is not right on any level.

PS - none of this is directed at anyone commenting or on this board. This is just how I feel in general about things. I am actually vaccinated myself due to a possibility of travel to Australia if (God forbid) something happens to my family there. But, I made that choice myself. I was not told "do this or else".

They haven't forced anyone - yet. They are incentivizing teams to have as many vaccinated as possible. I hear you Mike. I'm a Libertarian at heart. When my employer went down that path years ago, it irked me some just on principle. On the other hand, employers have all kinds of rules that, if you don't comply with, you can be terminated.

It probably pushes this thread beyond where we want to go, but the most obvious question for me is, what are folks refusing to get vaccinated afraid of? We've been designing vaccines for 50+ years. Millions have gotten these vaccines and the complication rates are no higher than any other vaccine out there. Some of the rumors like the vaccine is going to alter your DNA are just unbelievably ludicrous. As far as my friends who till now have refused to take the vaccine because it's 'experimental' I've said - you've been taking 'experimental' vaccines every year for decades. The flu vaccine is completely new every year. The virus morphs and the vaccine every year and so does the vaccine. Just like with the COVID vaccines, it's not 'experimental', it's just been trialed on an accelerated rate. Two of my friends at work who could not be convinced to take the vaccine got COVID - one a serious case. I just don't get what folks are afraid of. If you want to be afraid, be afraid you will get it and pass it on to someone you love who is vulnerable. Those are just my opinions.

Two people have already been fired. One from the Vikings, one from the Pats.

I think most are just mad they're being told to do something. This country wasn't founded on the government being allowed to force us in to anything.

Boone - I have an acquaintance who is a traveling RN who is very vocal about not getting the vaccine and an activist against it in general. I'm not sure how she feels about the flu vaccine but she certainly has an expectation of continuing to work and avoiding the COVID vaccine.

I know several in the medical field that are ready to up and leave if/when they are mandated for it.

As far as the players being arm twisted into taking it, how the hell did the players union not come out and stand up for the non-vaccinated players like Montez? I’d personally like to see the league get sued if this continues, tho the players union seems like hot garbage so not holding my breath there.

Like I said, I hear a lot of people say they’ll quit their jobs. Whether they do, remains to be seen…

I would support this if it was people quitting over it. I am not a fan of people being told they won't get paid or fired for not doing it.

If only they would stop recalibrating the PCR test this wouldn’t even be an issue!

One thing I haven't seen discussed here, and I think is the lynchpin in all of this is the players union. I cannot believe for 1 second that the union would allow game checks (that are contractually agreed upon) to be forfeited because of something NOT contractually agreed upon. I don't believe (i've never actually read it but i've never heard mention of it) anywhere in the CBA does it say anything about check forfeiture. As stated earlier it's going to be borderline IMPOSSIBLE to be able to isolate the 'cause' of an outbreak, so if the NFL threatens to cancel a game where 5 members of a team who are unvaccinated catch Covid, the first thing the Union is going to say is "prove to me this didn't come from an asymptomatic carrier that WAS vaccinated."

The start of all of this was the differences in training camp and team activity allowances depending on how many of your players have been vaccinated. The more players that have gotten the vaccine, the more involved and inclusive your practices can be. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out that less time together than the team you're playing against is a disadvantage. It's going to result in vaccinated players on the bubble having an edge over an unvaccinated player when rosters get cut down, so teams can attempt to get over that threshold of less restrictions.

The NFL has been trying to push more and more players to get vaccinated for a while now, and while technically it's a job and it's not a right, the players have a union to protect them. The NFLPA and Union will likely be pushing the players to get the vaccine to limit the amount of times they have to get involved, but if a game is cancelled because of an 'outbreak,' the Union is going to be all over it on behalf of the 50 - 100 players that were not positive.

The OTHER factor in this is money. If a game gets cancelled, that money is lost. Ticket sales, concessions, merch, parking, player income tax from BOTH teams. TV revenue. What happens if this effects a MNF game. That's the only game that week for ABC / ESPN. No chance they just let it happen. What if it's NBC giving up Chiefs vs Bills in week 5 on SNF? I just can't see the NFL actually pulling the trigger on it.

The games will get played imho, and the NFL is laying the groundwork to justify it. They're leaving doors open to get it in, but make it look like they're coming down hard. They've done it with ALL polarizing topics surrounding the game. BLM, concussions, domestic violence... The tone is always the same.... hard stance to show they 'care' but plenty of wiggle room to make sure they don't lose any money.

I remain steadfast that this is all bark and no bite. A first year law student could successfully argue the folly of identifying the catalyst of an outbreak.

The 'danger' is like the NHL, the NFL could decide to cancel or reschedule a number of games due to COVID outbreaks during the season. If those games are against teams we can and should beat and the 'toughies' remain on the schedule, Washington could end up suffering in terms of contending in 2021.

I have no interest in seeing the NFL compress their schedule and try to play multiple games in 10 days as they do after the Thanksgiving Day games.

What I saw in the NHL was a number of teams being worn down by all of the doubling up of missed games at later segments of the season.

Tampa Bay was the best team so in the end perhaps the results were what they would have been in any case, but they also were lucky in not having a mass outbreak like the Caps or Blues or Jets and seeing that compressed schedule coming near the end of the season.

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but one of the things I am most interested in seeing during training camp/preseason is how the team manages adversity. I say this because there is a ton of optimism surrounding this team for the first time in a long time, but you know that some bumps in the road are going to happen. Just one day in, we have already had Curtis Samuel placed on the PUP list and Rivera getting upset about our team's vaccination situation. How we manage rough waters and how we handle raised expectations will tell the tale of the '21 WFT season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.