• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2021 Training Camp - What are you most interested in seeing?

What are you most interested in seeing at TC?

• Dynamic rookie WR Dyami Brown

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Show me some magic - Fitzmagic

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Improved secondary with Jackson III and St-Juste

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Stud LB Jamin Davis

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Who will be the starters along the OL

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • 5' 8" RB Jaret Patterson

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Free Agent WR additions Samuels and Humphries

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • TE additions Bates and Reyes

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Seeing what Scott Turner can do with all his shiny new toys!

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Something else (please comment)

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
The 2021 Washington Football Team Training Camp approaches in little more than a week. What are you most interested in seeing as we get our first real glimpses of what is a substantially new roster (multiple choices allowed)?

Last edited:
I am going to be out of the country for the entirety of camp and game 1. I will be getting news and reports 7-10 hours later in the day than the majority of you guys.

Looking forward to what Scott Turner can do with the TOOLS now in his pouch... 3 WR's+, 2 TE's and a QB who won't throw short on 3rd down.

That's a great one! 100% agree.

FYI, Jaret Patterson is 5'6.5". Hey, as long as he can do the job...

I personally voted for Jamin Davis and the potential impact he can make at LB, as well as the Corner combination of St. Juste and Jackson. I personally feel that if those 3 individuals play lights out right out of the gate, this defense can have a monster season. It might also buy the offense some time early on in the season, when I suspect that they will be working out the kinks and gelling, while not necessarily sacrificing wins.

Davis and Brown mostly. But also under others, no major injuries. That’s all I ever want for OTAs and camps.

Checked every box.

The other thing I'm really curious about, which we really won't get a handle on until the real games start, is evidence that the team has "bought in" to the Rivera/JDR mission statement and are all in. All the individual parts matter of course, but teams that contend for championships not only have the players and coaching chops necessary, but also have that indefinable "team" quality where the whole is greater than the sum of those parts.

Been a long time since we've seen a team in burgundy and gold all on the same page and consistently showing up as a team week in and week out ...

We are getting an inordinate amount of hype this offseason. I worry less about whether the players will 'buy in' (Rivera has a long history showing he knows how to engage his players), but more that we will start to believe all the hype being spewed. That obviously is also a reflection of coaching. I have a lot of optimism going into this season, but I have become more Henry -ish over the years. Until we see things have changed on the field, week in and week out, there's no reason to believe it will be different.

I think one of the biggest factors is how Fitzmagic performs. I know all about his history, good and bad. But no matter who your QB is, if he is turning the ball over consistently, it's going to be a disaster. We need him to keep that stuff in check, and the extent to which he is able to avoid frequent mistakes is probably what our 2021 season hinges on.

We are getting an inordinate amount of hype this offseason. I worry less about whether the players will 'buy in' (Rivera has a long history showing he knows how to engage his players), but more that we will start to believe all the hype being spewed. That obviously is also a reflection of coaching. I have a lot of optimism going into this season, but I have become more Henry -ish over the years. Until we see things have changed on the field, week in and week out, there's no reason to believe it will be different.

I think one of the biggest factors is how Fitzmagic performs. I know all about his history, good and bad. But no matter who your QB is, if he is turning the ball over consistently, it's going to be a disaster. We need him to keep that stuff in check, and the extent to which he is able to avoid frequent mistakes is probably what our 2021 season hinges on.

It is largely for some of the reasons you mentioned above that I don't necessarily see our team knocking it out of the park this year. Will we be improved? Sure. However, the expectations and hype adds a whole new layer to the puzzle we call winning. We are a relatively young team and my gut tells me that '21 might give us a harsh lesson that ultimately makes us even stronger 2 seasons down the road.

Well - I did just pick us to go 11-6 in 2021 and make it to the NFC Championship game. But that is predicated on Fitzmagic and the offense really taking off right out of the gate. It's possible - we've added some major talent on that side of the ball. I think a lot will ride on how Fitzmagic plays and how patient Turner/Rivera are with him if he starts making a lot of mistakes.

I picked Davis / the secondary / Turner / Other. My other is going to be seeing how this whole defense comes together.

I want to see tweets that read like:

'Fitzpatrick completes a long pass to McLaurin down the left side - Side note - Young likely would have had a sack if in a game'

'Heinicke breaks the pocket and scrambles for 11, Sweat had a clean shot at him but this is training camp'

I want to see how this D-line takes another step, as well as what happens behind them allowing them to just feast.

I went with two picks. Jamin Davis, St. Juste and Jackson. Even with upgrades on O, I think these 3 can have the biggest impact. We ain't going nowhere if we can't keep the better teams in check.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.