• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2021 Roster Updates

I thought Mayo played poorly vs Baltimore in his chance to show out.

It looks like the team will add only 1 available LB and play heavily with a 5-2-4 and 4-2-5 schemes.

I thought Mayo played poorly vs Baltimore in his chance to show out.

It looks like the team will add only 1 available LB and play heavily with a 5-2-4 and 4-2-5 schemes.

I was not able to watch the last preseason game (sounds like that was a blessing).

Can't argue that Mayo played great, certainly--I didn't really study the "body of work" in preseason. And of course didn't see what they coaches saw every day in practice.

Just that he was, like, the only body we had besides Hudson.

Hope you're right, brother. Maybe they have strategery to mitigate the lack of numbers. Right now we kinda have to hope so.

I know some fool that stayed up to watch it at 1am in Europe.

That's dedication, not foolishness! On an unrelated note, why in the hell did are they delaying the season start for 2 weeks? Seems like, adding a game, it would be even more important to get things rolling? Then again, I've wanted them to expand the active roster to 60 for years and they won't do that despite it clearly being necessary.

I made myself watch the condensed version on gamepass.

Between the game "action" itself, and enduring the blithering vacuousness of Joey T. even in snippets, I think I earned serious WFT karma points.

That's dedication, not foolishness! On an unrelated note, why in the hell did are they delaying the season start for 2 weeks? Seems like, adding a game, it would be even more important to get things rolling? Then again, I've wanted them to expand the active roster to 60 for years and they won't do that despite it clearly being necessary.

Labor Day weekend which is not good for their most important partners- television.

I made myself watch the condensed version on gamepass.

Between the game "action" itself, and enduring the blithering vacuousness of Joey T. even in snippets, I think I earned serious WFT karma points.

My favorite was Joe praising Apke for whiffing on a tackle of a punt returner and then reversing back to join in on the tackle.

• Fist Bump
Reactions: Om
Shocked Moreland didn't make the PS either. Damn.

Yeah, that is really surprising (unless maybe he is getting IRed)? Not really sure how that works.

Moreland is a strange situation.
Isaiah Wright should find a home too.

Yeah, the Moreland thing is interesting. Cleared waivers, not on our prac squad, and no other interest reported yet.

He's injured, right? Our corners are deep this off-season. Really crazy considering we once had to turn Dunbar in to our #1.

AGG went unclaimed, too. He has a huge upside if he could just stay healthy and focus.

Pineiro was an undrafted kicker out of the University of Florida. Landed with the Bears and was their kicker for the entire 2019 season. Signed to a 1 year deal with the Colts but was cut a week ago. Hit 82.1% of his FGs in 2019. Didn't miss beyond 50 yds but missed a handful of 40-49 yard kicks. If nothing else, sends a message. I've not seen many teams carry a PS kicker :)

Last edited:
I’m getting frustrated with Hopkins. But it seems to me they can’t get anyone better. I mean, I’m sure there are better kickers out there, they just either won’t come here or can’t beat him out.

Hopkins isn't a terrible kicker guys. He's above average on kickoffs and average on FGs (if you look at his career averages). Folks act like he's lost us multiple games every year - but has he? I'm not saying they shouldn't apply some pressure and demand more from him, but really, he's been a decent kicker.

Except for a handful of kickers, this is kind of what you get. Ups and downs. I heard the same stuff about Graham Gano but he's had a very respectable career - after we cut him. If we'd just ridden it out, he'd still be here doing what kickers do.

Our problem is, we've needed the kicker to be perfect for far too many seasons. If you are relying on that, you just aren't a very good football team.

I predict that Peyton Barber will be released by the Raiders after a few games and comes back to Washington on the PS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.