• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2021 Roster Updates

Even in his last season in DC, he had 56 catches for 1000 yds. His first 9 seasons you could almost bank on 100 catches per year. His stats the last 3 seasons:

2018 - 41 receptions 774 yds
2019 - 9 receptions 149 yds
2020 - 14 receptions for 236 yds
2021 (so far) - 8 receptions for 221

Could be they just aren't going to him, but that's also for a reason. He's 34. His best ball is well behind him.

He's playin behind Kupp, who's arguably playing the best WR play in the NFL right now, along with Robert Woods.
That could be part of the reason that he's mainly been good, for just a big play once in a while.
But either way, ours is a team who could severely use a big play once in a while. That can make the difference in a couple wins.
But like Mike says, the contract is the issue. Don't want to pay a lot for that type of output.
So...if the price is right...on both the trade and the contract.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm hesitant to believe he doesn't have "it" anymore.
He's been doing the things that made him special all along, which proves he hasn't lost the things that made him great. Just not as often.
But IMO, the bottom line is he can still do it. Maybe he just needs an offense that has room to give him more opportunities.

Last edited:
He's playin behind Kupp, who's arguably playing the best WR play in the NFL right now, along with Robert Woods.
That could be part of the reason that he's mainly been good, for just a big play once in a while.
But either way, ours is a team who could severely use a big play once in a while. That can make the difference in a couple wins.
But like Mike says, the contract is the issue. Don't want to pay a lot for that type of output.
So...if the price is right...on both the trade and the contract.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm hesitant to believe he doesn't have "it" anymore.
He's been doing the things that made him special all along, which proves he hasn't lost the things that made him great. Just not as often.
But IMO, the bottom line is he can still do it. Maybe he just needs an offense that has room to give him more opportunities.

He was clearly declining in Tampa and then followed that up with two miserable seasons in Philly and hasn’t done much for the Rams. He hasn’t been doing the things that made him special - that’s the whole point. I mean, it’s literally been 5 seasons since he had a significant contribution to an offense.

Vet minimum plus incentives I’d do it. Put Samual on IR for room, can’t contribute any less than CS

Jackson isn't getting cut... we would have to trade for him. His deal is 1 yr 3.2m with a guaranteed base of $2.75m. He'd be a half season rental and it's very likely he doesn't re-sign with us next year (nor would we want to give him a new deal).

SO... the money isn't bad, but we'd have to give something up to get him, and he's very likely a 1 year rental. If we're speaking honestly, I don't think he's 'the key' to us making a run. IF we're going to make a run, we likely make it with or without him. I don't think you invest (as little as it may be) in a mid-season move unless they are (or are part of) the difference, or have the potential to be a piece long term.... I don't think he's either.

The other part of this is that he and his agent have been given permission to seek out a trade partner. That would mean he likely gets to chose his destination.... and I would imagine WFT is not necessarily on the short list.

Great points ST. And for the record - I love Desean - always have. Here's the thing... I know we are all irritated that Samuel hasn't contributed this year. But the instant he recovers from the groin pull, he's the best #2 WR we've had in a decade or so. He is really good. He had an impact on the one game he played in recently and he couldn't have been at more than 50%. Once he's healthy, folks will see just how good he is. That's why they haven't put him on IR - even though many are logically screaming for it.

The only way they get someone to take Collins off their hands is to agree to either partially pay the remainder of his contract or all of it.

I’m sure many teams are salivating at the thought of obtaining an expensive safety that can’t play safety.

This is about the 3rd time Rivera and co. have actually showed me they're seeing what we're seeing.

I'm not trying to elevate Collins' game, but I don't think it's an accident that this is coming off his two best weeks wearing a WFT jearsey. The past two weeks he's made more plays than he has all season. IF there's a time that someone will 'buy' him it's now. I'm not confident anything will come of it, but a late round pick to shed the salary could be a good thing. I know that sounds sad, but it's the truth. I will say his new 'role' made a big difference this last weekend. He was making plays, and the defense did more than enough to win that game.

This is about the 3rd time Rivera and co. have actually showed me they're seeing what we're seeing.

I'm not trying to elevate Collins' game, but I don't think it's an accident that this is coming off his two best weeks wearing a WFT jearsey. The past two weeks he's made more plays than he has all season. IF there's a time that someone will 'buy' him it's now. I'm not confident anything will come of it, but a late round pick to shed the salary could be a good thing. I know that sounds sad, but it's the truth. I will say his new 'role' made a big difference this last weekend. He was making plays, and the defense did more than enough to win that game.

I’m betting he’s chirping in the background about playing LB. If he were content to shut up and play where they think he fits best, doubt they’d be trying to move him.

This is something we should have done a few years ago..

Could you imagine if we had worked it out to have been set up like this going into this past years draft? Re-boots are ugly and uncomfortable, but there's a serious advantage to it.

I’m betting he’s chirping in the background about playing LB. If he were content to shut up and play where they think he fits best, doubt they’d be trying to move him.

Probably.

Moving Collins contract off the books would be a great thing. He has clearly played better in his new role but that play doesn’t come close to the price it costs.

Not good for Chase....

When did Chase get hurt? I didn’t see most of the game, but saw the last minute. I was watching with a guy who played Center in college and on one of the sacks late, he asked who the center was because he didn’t do a good job of helping on that sack. Since he was an All American center in college, he knows the position pretty well. So I believe him when he says it. But I’m wondering if it was the backup at that point.

When did Chase get hurt? I didn’t see most of the game, but saw the last minute. I was watching with a guy who played Center in college and on one of the sacks late, he asked who the center was because he didn’t do a good job of helping on that sack. Since he was an All American center in college, he knows the position pretty well. So I believe him when he says it. But I’m wondering if it was the backup at that point.

First half.... got carted off with an air cast on his ankle.

Ok. So it was the backup. I noticed a few names on the line late that I didn’t recognize. I also know the line was collapsing like crazy in the last minute.

EDIT - As of 2pm this has still NOT been confirmed, or even substantiated.....

Rumors flying on Twitter about us making a play for Mitch Trubisky.....

This guy has hit on stuff for the team before, but this would seem a little... much. Nothing has been confirmed, or even rumored, by any of the major players.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.