• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2020 Skins Free Agency Tracker

Reportedly, Clowney wants 20 million a year.

Chase Young on a rookie deal for four years.

Give me the young talent on the rookie deal over the overpriced,over hyped, injury prone vet every time.

Give me the young talent on the rookie deal over the overpriced,over hyped, injury prone vet every time.

I get what you're saying, but what if Young is over-hyped, like Clowney...or even more-so ?
Young hasn't even played a down in the NFL, so he is actually more likely to be over-hyped.
I'll probably get hate for saying that, but it's just obvious facts, truth, and possibility.

No to Clowney. He might be one of the most overrated players in the last decade. He has a few highlight plays in his career and that's about it. Here is a table of two players who played DE/OLB. Which player has had a better career?

Player A is Clowney and player B is Kerrigan. No one throughout the league says that Kerrigan is as good as Clowney. He’s been solid but not spectacular. But when you compare his numbers to Clowney, you see he’s actually been better most years. That’s because Clowney is mostly hype. Even last year when Kerrigan had a terrible year, you see that Clowney wasn’t much better aside from the forced fumbles. You also have to remember that for most of his career, Clowney has played on the same line with JJ Watt, who is perhaps the 2nd most dominate D lineman in football during that time. So he’s had someone else to draw attention and he still hasn’t performed as well as Kerrigan. This is just something for you all to ponder. Especially considering Clowney is looking for a huge pay day.
A​
B​
A​
B​
A​
B​
A​
B​
A​
B​
A​
B​
Sacks​
Sacks​
Tackles​
Tackles​
FF​
FF​
TFL​
TFL​
INTs​
INTs​
TDs​
TDs​
2011​
7.5​
64​
4​
9​
1​
1​
2012​
8.5​
54​
2​
10​
1​
1​
2013​
8.5​
66​
4​
15​
0​
0​
2014​
13.5​
64​
5​
18​
0​
0​
2015​
4.5​
9.5​
40​
42​
0​
2​
8​
12​
0​
0​
0​
0​
2016​
6​
11​
52​
33​
1​
2​
16​
18​
0​
0​
0​
0​
2017​
9.5​
13​
59​
46​
2​
3​
21​
15​
0​
1​
0​
1​
2018​
9​
13​
47​
43​
1​
3​
16​
11​
0​
0​
0​
0​
2019​
3​
5.5​
31​
25​
4​
1​
7​
6​
1​
0​
1​
0​
AVG​
6.4​
10.4​
45.8​
37.8​
1.6​
2.2​
13.6​
12.4​
0.2​
0.2​
0.2​
0.2​

Last edited:

OK, I see your point...and I am not lobbying for Clowney, especially since he's a 3-4 OLB.

But your argument over money is moot...

What is better, having 3 potential starters on rookie contracts or 1?

OK, I see your point...and I am not lobbying for Clowney, especially since he's a 3-4 OLB.

But your argument over money is moot...

What is better, having 3 potential starters on rookie contracts or 1?
I'd take Young and roll the dice that he'd give us a pass rusher that we haven't seen around here since Dexter.....but that's just me.
Rivera has also said that they don't expect to fill every hole in one offseason, don't forget that.

Of course, a #2 by itself doesn't make us a contender either ... ;)

Skins sign TE Logan Thomas. Man - this is a ?? why move for me. Guy is a converted Va Tech QB who has been in the league since 2014 and has 35 (35!) career receptions.

We need a real TE for Gods sake. I’m disappointed we didn’t want to spend the $$ in FA to fill that need. They’d better get Trautman or someone else promising in the draft because we are hurting at TE. Not having a reliable safety valve for a near rookie QB is a huge deficit.

There will be more cuts/releases/trades, and the draft, before the season starts. RR knows the value of the TE position. The roster is far from finished.

Or maybe we just wanted to say we signed an LT.

I actually would be okay with this move. Talk about an experienced backup.

Eh, gut reaction? Pass

Guy's pretty much been a tool since before he was drafted.

Eh, gut reaction? Pass

Guy's pretty much been a tool since before he was drafted.
Bruce Arians was able to keep his lack of maturity in check last year.

I think they should have kept him in Tampa and still signed Brady. It could have been the greatest lesson the kid could have received.

The kid needs a strong coach, who won't stand for his immaturity. While Rivera fits that bill, I'm thinking he needs an OC or QB coach who can do that. Turner does not strike me as that guy.

Of course I have my FSU glasses on, I know how talented he is...I just don't know if I'd want him here, unless Rivera was really able to yoke him in.

And welcome back, Ax! The place wasn't the same without you.

I want our coaches focusing on making Haskins better. Putting a known headcase in the QB room is not the route I'd take.

Oh, and thanks.

If we trade the #2 pick we better get a King's ransom in return, Clowney reportedly wants 20 million a year, way over-priced considering his injury history

Good! Glad that was shot down quickly. Hope it proves to be accurate.

Well - it was never a rumor, just Booger McFarland speculating.

The Cam and Winston rumors are just random speculation with no fact. Not saying neither would happen, although Keim says no to Winston l, but it’s usually one guy shooting off his mouth and other people taking it as fact. Of all the signing the Redskins have actually made, I don’t think any were anticipated by these random reports.

Of all the remaining FAs out there, the one I want badly is Eric Ebron. He had a breakout year in 2018 (tied for most TD catches). Had a down 2019 after Luck left the Colts, but he is a very good TE. Make it happen Rivera!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.