• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2020 Skins Free Agency Tracker

Seems like a blue collar guy that will fit well beside Bostic

OK, I guess some of us over estimated Cole Holcomb. We signed 3 LB's....one being a 37 yr old retread.

13 seasons playing almost every game (missed one other season with a knee injury). In 2019, he played every game for the Chargers.

Every experienced coach does this at a new job.

Marty had a few of his guys come here for culture purposes.
Norv brought in a few Cowboy castoffs
Spurrier brought some old Gators...etc

Ron bringing in a few of "his" guys is to be expected.

I never underestimated Cole Holcomb - Tar Heels! I know you other ACC alum hate my team. I feel the same love on the court and field. He's a Redskin now!

In no way do I believe that any LB signings made reflect on Holcomb. Guy was a bright spot as a rookie at a difficult position. There's no way Rivera and company have looked at him and determined he doesn't have a bright future. Where is that even coming from?

I saw the reports that the Redskins offered Cooper more than the cowboys did, but he still went back to dallas. I really think his agent was using the Redskins to drive up his price to the cowboys. If he had signed with the Redskins, it would have been a disaster. He would have been the latest of the big money free agent busts this team has signed. Cooper is inconsistent and despite some big outings with the cowboys, he still does not consistently play at a level that demands that type of money. It works better for dallas because if he has a 1 big game out of 3, then the other 2 the teams are focusing on him and they can run the ball. The Redskins are not built that way and he would be expected to be like Michael Thomas or Julio Jones, which he is not.

Also, I would rather take that money and give it to McLaurin in a few years. I expect in a few years he will be a better WR than Cooper. So had they signed Cooper, they probably wouldn't have been able to sign McLaurin or they would have had to cut Cooper in a salary cap move admitting the contract was a mistake. 5 years with that kind of money would make it hard to sign another big WR, even if it is McLaurin. So if they had serious interest in him, then I think they dodged a bullet.

I agree with a lot of that Kel. And in a year where the WR prospects are some of the best anyone has ever seen (according to all the experts), it seems like finding a bookend for McLaurin in the draft, and having that guy on a rookie salary for 4 years, would make a lot more sense. Besides - I'm not at all certain that we don't already have that guy on the roster already. Harmon looked pretty good last season. Hell - is Cam Sims still around? I think he deserves more of a look in addition to some of the other guys we have.

I agree with a lot of that Kel. And in a year where the WR prospects are some of the best anyone has ever seen (according to all the experts), it seems like finding a bookend for McLaurin in the draft, and having that guy on a rookie salary for 4 years, would make a lot more sense. Besides - I'm not at all certain that we don't already have that guy on the roster already. Harmon looked pretty good last season. Hell - is Cam Sims still around? I think he deserves more of a look in addition to some of the other guys we have.

Maybe I'm biased, well who am I kidding, of course I'm biased. But like you, I like our young WRs. They had some veteran guys on the roster last year and the young guys outplayed them and took their jobs. You pick up another WR in the draft, sign another overlooked undrafted guy, and you go from there. I'm just worried to get a good free agent WR, they have to lock up too much money for too many years.

In no way do I believe that any LB signings made reflect on Holcomb. Guy was a bright spot as a rookie at a difficult position. There's no way Rivera and company have looked at him and determined he doesn't have a bright future. Where is that even coming from?
We signed 3 LB's in less than 24 hours?

Couple things stand out to me when pondering the lb signings. Our guysare all very young with Orchard having the most experience at 5 seasons. Experience from a damn good vet will further the younglings along quicker. I mean they're probably shell shocked from playing in Manusky's dumbass system as well.

Ryan Anderson 25
SD Hamilton 24
Josh Harvey Clemmons 26
Cole Holcomb 23
Jared Norris 26
Nate Orchard 27

Another is Sweat & Kerrigan are both moving to DL, so that's 2 down from the lb group off the bat. RR probably just felt safer with a couple vets in camp, always a chance none of the new guys make the cut.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.