• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2014 Coaching Search Rumors

I really hope Snyder brings Mike into his office, tells him he is stripped of GM responsibilities, every member of the coaching staff on offense, special teams and defense are fired to be replaced by the new GM. Shanny gets no say in who gets hired. He can remain coach and coach only if he plans to salvage his reputation as a coach in the NFL.

Why? What's the point?

Why? What's the point?

Save the $7 million...stick it to Shanahan. Shanahan won't stand for it and will resign. If not, ride it out until you've made Shanahan suffer. The drama Shanahan created deserves spite.

I'm guessing that stripping Sham of personnel decisions voids his contract in some way and he'd be able to just walk and still get paid next year anyway.

I'm pretty surprised by all of the support of Shanahan being provided by the players.

I'm pretty surprised by all of the support of Shanahan being provided by the players.

Well, their play on the field suggests otherwise ...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Well, their play on the field suggests otherwise ...

Yeah, talk is cheap, I get it.

But for example- Trent Williams said 99.9% of players want Shanny back. Chris Baker tweeting with #keepShanahan.

oh wow, you're right
@cbaker92redskin 49m
Everybody keeps blaming coach for this season he ain't play 1 snap it's on us to perform and win and we came up short #keepShanahan

lol, twitter is so fun

I just would love to have somebody in charge of player personnel who knows how to pick players. The Redskins have been lagging behind most of the rest of the NFL in that area, IMO, since Beathard left.

a well worded announcement by snyder that appears to have been genuinely thought out would do wonders Monday morning...

we'll learn a lot about our franchise over the next week or two.

@bmcnally14 1h
Sample of quotes on Shanahan: DeAngelo Hall: "I’ve definitely grown to respect him, love him as a coach and would love to play for him again

whatever else.....bring someone in who knows how to develop QBs...and mature them.

Fan, take a look at Cincy's points per game. Then take a look at their QB.

Oh shit. NBC 4 just confirmed Shanahan will be fired in the morning. They're running it as the opener.

Team source have confirmed the firing to Dianna Russini. Will be fired at meeting.

@NBCdianna 1h
Redskins will fire Head Coach Mike Shanahan when he meets with owner Dan Snyder at 9 according to high level sources within the organization

Team has said no press conference is scheduled for Shanahan tomorrow.

How the hell can the players back the coach after the putrid performances this season? Ain't nobody got time for dat.

Oh shit. NBC 4 just confirmed Shanahan will be fired in the morning. They're running it as the opener.

Team source have confirmed the firing to Dianna Russini. Will be fired at meeting.

@NBCdianna 1h
Redskins will fire Head Coach Mike Shanahan when he meets with owner Dan Snyder at 9 according to high level sources within the organization

Team has said no press conference is scheduled for Shanahan tomorrow.

Not exactly breaking news. It does make me wonder who the leak is though.

How the hell can the players back the coach after the putrid performances this season? Ain't nobody got time for dat.

You can never believe anything a coach says about a player, or a player says about a coach.

None of these guys want to appear as anything but loyal to future employers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.