• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2011 Draft Order - Updated 1/3

Uh....well....Mike, I'm thinking AH, maybe, but it looks to me like the three-way tussle between owner Bud Adams, Jeff Fisher and Vince Young may likely cost Fisher his job, and save Young's position as QB-for a while anyway so I'm doubtful about the Titans goiving McNabb a look unless we offered him dirt-cheap on a first-come first serve basis. Redskins fans aren't the only ones who've been paying attention to what's been going on here and the reality of McNabb not quite delivering what many had hoped for. Frankly, I think he may turn out to be a difficult sell unless, as I mentioned, it's an irresistible bargain.

Bud Adams is just bluffing - no way he fires Jeff Fisher to keep Vince Young.

I actually read a blog yesterday that speculated that McNabb might end up... wait for it... back in Philly. This person theorized that Kolb will try to demand a trade this off season b/c Vick is clearly the starter. IF the Eagles capitulate, might they want to bring back McNabb as a backup?

I might actually set myself on fire if that happens, by the way. Mainly because I know it will be for a 7th rounder or something, or worse, we cut McNabb and he re-signs with Philly. Sigh.

He would have to re-sign a year after the trade. If it happens before that, we recieve our picks back. At least, that is how it was explained when Jason Taylor re-signed with the Dolphins after we cut him. Of course, Andy Reid is not that dumb, unfortunately.

Updated today (12/21) to reflect Week 15 results. Talk about adding insult to injury, we lose to the Cowboys and still draft behind them. :(

I don't think he does, Sarge. The Cowboys are playing harder for Jason than for Wade and the offense is putting up points for a change. This is a different team and the feeling in Dallas is that Jerry is likely to keep Jason around now.

Having said that, I think the Cowboys go 1-1 in the last two while I think we might be looking at 0-2. Of course, we are playing 2 teams who are still in the playoff hunt and Dallas is only playing one.

I bet we win the next 2. Wouldn't that be just our luck?

Updated 12/29 - Skins slide down to 13th.

Updated 12/29 - Skins slide down to 13th.

Amazing, Seattle sits ahead of us and they are battling for the division title and a playoff birth.

Looks like we are gonna be a little further down since we are gonna beat the Giants on Sunday.

Amazing, Seattle sits ahead of us and they are battling for the division title and a playoff birth.

Looks like we are gonna be a little further down since we are gonna beat the Giants on Sunday.
Seattle winning would be great. We would pick ahead of both them, and the Rams.

not to get certain individuals angry...EL....but whre we draft in the first round doesn't matter...right?........:claps:

not to get certain individuals angry...EL....but whre we draft in the first round doesn't matter...right?........:claps:

:laugh:

I don't believe you ever heard me say draft position doesn't matter...

I believe what I said was I would rather see our team win! That a win is more important to me than where we pick in the draft. I do not discount the value of a win, but I do not discount the value of a higher draft pick either. A win is a win and that is most important.

Jerk!~ :moon:
:bucktooth:

Frankly, unless you are #1, I don't think where you draft is as big a deal as some think. Proper research and scouting is oh so much more important than where you draft in my mind. Winners can be found anywhere. You just have to do the right work and come to the right conclusions.

I still remember the Skins passing on WR Mike Williams out of USC for Carlos "Stone Hands" Rogers in 2005. Oh how the faithful howled about that. "How can you take a CB when we need a bonefide #1 WR and Williams, a can't miss guy, is still on the board?" was all I heard. Five years later it doesn't look like such a bad move does it?

While we are at, look at the 8 guys off the board ahead of Rogers that year... QB Alex Smith, RB Ronnie Brown, WR Braylon Edwards, RB Cedric Benson, RB Carnell Williams, CB Adam Jones, WR Troy Williamson, and CB Antrel Rolle... I ask you, do you want any of these guys now over Rogers? Maybe Rolle but even he is playing a different position than he did when drafted. Would you have drafted him that high as a Safety?

Granted, that is only one year, and obviously a weak draft, although you can make the case that a lot of teams screwed up and screwed up bad. The first honest-to-god superstar in this draft was Ware, drafted by Dallas at #11. The next did not come until #24 when Green Bay took Aaron Rodgers. Roddy White, Health Miller and Logan Mankins are the only other names in the first round that stick out at all so the pick of Carlos Rogers looks pretty good at this point. At #9.

Frankly, unless you are #1, I don't think where you draft is as big a deal as some think. Proper research and scouting is oh so much more important than where you draft in my mind. Winners can be found anywhere. You just have to do the right work and come to the right conclusions.

I still remember the Skins passing on WR Mike Williams out of USC for Carlos "Stone Hands" Rogers in 2005. Oh how the faithful howled about that. "How can you take a CB when we need a bonefide #1 WR and Williams, a can't miss guy, is still on the board?" was all I heard. Five years later it doesn't look like such a bad move does it?

While we are at, look at the 8 guys off the board ahead of Rogers that year... QB Alex Smith, RB Ronnie Brown, WR Braylon Edwards, RB Cedric Benson, RB Carnell Williams, CB Adam Jones, WR Troy Williamson, and CB Antrel Rolle... I ask you, do you want any of these guys now over Rogers? Maybe Rolle but even he is playing a different position than he did when drafted. Would you have drafted him that high as a Safety?

Granted, that is only one year, and obviously a weak draft, although you can make the case that a lot of teams screwed up and screwed up bad. The first honest-to-god superstar in this draft was Ware, drafted by Dallas at #11. The next did not come until #24 when Green Bay took Aaron Rodgers. Roddy White, Health Miller and Logan Mankins are the only other names in the first round that stick out at all so the pick of Carlos Rogers looks pretty good at this point. At #9.

Finally, a voice of reason. :) Spot-on analysis, brother.

if memory serves...we're getting a 5th from NO as part of the Brown deal.
As convoluted as it is, the 5th from NO is part of the McNabb trade.

Had we made the playoffs, or McNabb the pro bowl, the Eagles would have gotten the 3rd we gave to NO for Brown, and the Saints would have gotten the 4th. End of deal.

However, since we didn't make the playoffs, and McNabb didn't make the pro bowl, the Eagles get the 4th, and the Saints get the 3rd, sending us their 5th.

And....we're still yet to learn what pick we'll be getting from Indy for Justin Tryon.
I'm bettin' it's a #1.:insane:

As convoluted as it is, the 5th from NO is part of the McNabb trade.

Had we made the playoffs, or McNabb the pro bowl, the Eagles would have gotten the 3rd we gave to NO for Brown, and the Saints would have gotten the 4th. End of deal.

However, since we didn't make the playoffs, and McNabb didn't make the pro bowl, the Eagles get the 4th, and the Saints get the 3rd, sending us their 5th.

And....we're still yet to learn what pick we'll be getting from Indy for Justin Tryon.
I'm bettin' it's a #1.:insane:

it doesn't matter what we get...the general principle is that as long as the scouts do their job we'll find quality! and we know the Skins have a long history that suggests that this is a skillset that uniquely distinguishes this team!

Last edited by a moderator:
:laugh:

I don't believe you ever heard me say draft position doesn't matter...

I believe what I said was I would rather see our team win! That a win is more important to me than where we pick in the draft. I do not discount the value of a win, but I do not discount the value of a higher draft pick either. A win is a win and that is most important.

Jerk!~ :moon:
:bucktooth:

bud....you did say you could not find yourself wishing for the team to lose. check. and in the context of the discussion...you went on to say you didn't see much difference between drafting 6 or 12th.

it doesn't matter what we get...the general principle is that as long as the scouts do their job we'll find quality! and we know the Skins have a long history that suggests that this is a skillset that uniquely distinguishes this team!
Yeah, who'll ever forget Walter Murray, or Tory Nixon?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.