• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

12th Annual BGO Ballers Fantasy Football League ***Special K Champion***

Kel Varnsen

2019 BGO Ballers Champ
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Alma Mater
High Point
Welcome to the 12th annual BGO Ballers Fantasy Football League. Are you ready to see who knows the most about building a football team week in and week out? I know I am. This is your chance to prove you are the best fake football GM on this board. The contest is free and it's open to everyone. The more the merrier! In the past, we've had up to 3 leagues to accommodate everyone. So depending on how many people we get, we will divide up into leagues of 8, 10, or 12 players.

We will use Yahoo as we have in the past and use the same scoring and roster rules as before:

1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 DST, 1 K

We want you to play. Whether you are a novice or an expert. Whether it's your 1st year or your 12th. We want you to play in this league.

To summarize:
You get to put your football team building ideas into action
You won't be worse at Fantasy Football than Bruce Allen was as the GM of a real team
You get to have camaraderie with the other members on this board
You get to have lots of fun
It costs you nothing but a few minutes each week

You do not want to miss out this year, so sign up today. All you need to do is reply in this thread that you want to play and I will setup the leagues and invite the players. Once we have the leagues set, we will work on setting the draft date to try and accommodate as many as we can.

Previous winners:
2020: Skinsfanpip
2019: Canadian Hog, Kel Varnsen
2018: Kel Varnsen
2017: Special K, Kel Varnsen
2016: Ax, Win4us
2015: Boone, Burgundy Burner, Shi no Tenshi
2014: Drumlinboy/Shi no Tenshi
2013: Dead Money
2012: Dead Money
2011: SkinsFan76
2010: Lanky Livingston

2021 Signup List:

1. Kel Varnsen
2. Boone
3. SilentThreat
4. SkinsOrlando
5. Neophyte
6. CanadianHog
7. Skinsfanpip
8. Special K
9. Sir Clinton Portis
10. Zeroand16

Draft Monday 9/6 at 8:30 EST

Draft Order randomly generated:

1 Jacuzzi Josh... - ZeroAnd16
2 The WU - Special K
3 Fear the Kitty! - Boone
4 Mozart fores... - SirClintonPortis
5 St. Juste's ... - Canadian Hog
6 Izzy Mandelbaum - Kel Varnsen
7 RedwolvesFanPip - SkinsFanPip
8 Silence is G... - SilentThreat
9 Neo's Brew HaHa - Neophyte
10 F'in Redskins - SkinsOrlando

I think I got all the members matched to their team names. Sorry for the truncation of the team names, but that's how it keeps showing it to me even using my laptop.

Last edited:
I will gladly play again.

Thanks for organizing, Kel!

Can't wait for the reveal of your newest Seinfeld-based team name...always a personal highlight of the fantasy season for me.

HA! Yeah, I always enjoy doing that. I just take it from whatever episode I saw recently. There are so many to choose from.

So, I'll do this, if you need another to balance. Otherwise, don't make it uneven for my part.

So, I'll do this, if you need another to balance. Otherwise, don't make it uneven for my part.

I’ll mark you down and if we we need to drop one, I’ll keep you in mind. We are still looking for more to join.

We are currently sitting at 10 players so we have enough to make a league. But we will still take more to expand to 12 and even start another league if necessary. So if you want to play, please let me know here. With the regular season approaching, I will need to get the league(s) setup and a draft time set. If you want to play and have not indicated in this thread, please do so by the end of the day on Thursday 8/26.

Last day for anyone to signup. If you were thinking about joining, please post in this thread today. We need to get everything setup and the draft date established.

For all returning players, I left you in the league from last year. If you login to yahoo, you should see you are still in the league. If you don’t, let me know.

For the new players or ones that took off last year, I have reached out to each of you through PM. So please let me know when you have signed up.

Do we have a tentative draft day and time?

Draft day and time is the next order of business. I still need the two new players to signup. They have both been sent the link to the league. Then I can set the order and the draft date and time.

Below are the options for draft time. Everyone please respond with the data and time that works for you and if any do not. We will do our best to accommodate everyone, but I'd like to get the draft done no later than 9/7.

Any day 9/2 - 9/7 after 8PM.

We also have a holiday weekend upcoming and may have more flexibility on the time on Sunday and Monday of Labor Day weekend. Please everyone let me know if there are times that don't work and/or times that you prefer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.