• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

11th Annual BGO Ballers Fantasy Football League ***Skinsfanpip Champion***

I believe Cam Newton is the first big name player to test positive and be placed on the COVID list. Only 2 of you provided your opinion and both were in favor of adding spots for COVID cases. I'm going to send out a PM to all league members to let them know that we will add 2 IR spots that are to be used for players that have been added to the COVID list.

This is on the fantasy site, but I wanted to post here as well. We will try to stay as flexible as we can as we look to keep things competitive.
Capture.PNG

Yeah, this kind of sucks because I picked up James White to cover 2 RBs on BYE this week. It's just bad luck and I won't be the only one to experience it.

Man...TE is a black hole of a position this season.

Yes it is. It pays to have one of the top guys this year. Usually, you can find some good ones throughout the league. That just isn’t the case this year. And even the top guys are having some down weeks.

we are ONLY using the IR slots for covid issues correct?

Yes. Just for people marked as COVID-IR. See the example below for the current designation of Emmanuel Sander. That is what we added the COVID spots for.

Losing Kittle is gonna kill me... was just clarifying before I accidentally did something that's not allowed. Thanks.

We’ve never had IR spots prior to this year, which is why we didn’t have them at the start of the year. We added them for COVID because this is unprecedented and things happen we can’t plan for. I wanted to make it easy for teams to make moves if these unexpected illnesses hit.

But as far as using them for general injuries, my personal opinion is that I think that gives an advantage to the more active players. They can stash more players due to injury, which in theory limits the availability of players to people who may only login once or twice a week. Some may say that’s part of the game and they would be right. But we are also trying not to make this too serious at the same time. So I’m trying to do what I can to keep it balanced.

We have a great league with a lot of great players. By all means stay active and do what you want with your team. Make all the moves you can to make your team better. There is no mercy in fantasy football. I’m just giving you my perspective as commissioner and what I want to do with the rules to keep it balanced between the various levels of skill and activity.

We’ve never had IR spots prior to this year, which is why we didn’t have them at the start of the year. We added them for COVID because this is unprecedented and things happen we can’t plan for. I wanted to make it easy for teams to make moves if these unexpected illnesses hit.

But as far as using them for general injuries, my personal opinion is that I think that gives an advantage to the more active players. They can stash more players due to injury, which in theory limits the availability of players to people who may only login once or twice a week. Some may say that’s part of the game and they would be right. But we are also trying not to make this too serious at the same time. So I’m trying to do what I can to keep it balanced.

We have a great league with a lot of great players. By all means stay active and do what you want with your team. Make all the moves you can to make your team better. There is no mercy in fantasy football. I’m just giving you my perspective as commissioner and what I want to do with the rules to keep it balanced between the various levels of skill and activity.

I get it completely.

I will say that THIS year is different than others with IR because there is an unlimited number of players who can return. In most seasons teams can only re-activate 1 player from IR and it's after 8 weeks, so the IR slot can be beneficial but not an advantage.

I was just clarifying. Thank you.

PSA: Don't assume when players are put on COVID-19 restrictions that they are necessarily out for that week's game. I made that mistake, only to find out Ben Roethlisberger was activated despite being put on COVID restrictions just a few days ago. He rattled off 39 points yesterday while I started Goff with his 12 points. Cost me a win because I made that assumption.

Just an FYI. The Ravens v Steelers has been postponed to Sunday. Yahoo made a new league setting available in the event that games are cancelled because of COVID. If a game is cancelled for that week because of COVID, those players will be given the COVID-19 designation. That makes them available for the IR spot. That will allow you to pick up a replacement without dropping someone. This will only happen if the game won’t be played that week. Just moving a game from one day to another in the same week will not give players the COVID-19 designation. So for now, Steelers and Ravens players do not have this designation. But if they move the game out of this week, then those players will have this designation.

If you have questions about this, just reach out to me.

I know I have not been giving regular updates like I did in the past. Work has been extremely busy and kind of stressful. But I did want to give an update as we head into the playoffs. Below are the final regular season standings. The league was extremely competitive this year with 5 teams tied for 3rd. This obviously meant that a team with the same record as the 3rd place team was going to miss the playoffs. Sorry Boone. I wont begin to understand the tie breaker on a 5 way tie. Additionally, the 8th place team had a shot in the last week to flip the script and be in the playoffs. Alas, it was not meant to be for Neophyte. SkinsFanPip beat him in the last week to make it all the way to the 3rd seed.

Canadian Hog continued his regular season winning ways by cruising to the top of the league with a 10-3 record. He has a well earned by this week. Your’s truly was able to secure the 2nd seed with a victory last week and will also earn a bye.

Congrats to the remainder of the playoff teams:

SilentThreat
Special K
SkinsOrlando

Here is the final standings:

5C317CEA-9435-4632-97A4-F55843BC1C46.jpeg

Here are the quarterfinal playoff matchups:

1A67B761-702F-4B19-A5F0-DA0C2E8D3DB8.jpeg

Hey man, when you score almost 200 points one week and 60 the next, bad things are bound to happen. I almost pulled out a major comeback over the last 4 weeks so I am happy with that. Good luck the rest of the way to those still in it!

Great league and so much fun to play in. Thank you to Kel for always doing a great job of running the league.

What a strange season. I went like 5-2 to start the season and then 1-5 to end it, putting in the same effort the whole way.

Playoff Quarterfinals Recap:

The first week of the playoffs is in the books. In one matchup, Special K defeated SilentThreat behind a dominant performance by the Colts Jonathan Taylor. Special K moves on to face regular season Champion Canadian Hog. They met twice in the regular season with Canadian Hog winning both matchups. The last matchup was week 13 and was a 154.72 – 110.66 victory for Canadian Hog.

In the other matchup, SkinsFanPip had a come from behind victory over SkinsOrlando after Nick Chubb put up a great performance on Monday Night football. SkinsFanPip moves on to face Kel Varnsen. In their previous matchup in week 7, Kel Varnsen won 149.12 – 133.62.

For the rest of the league, all teams will be in action this weekend in either the consolation bracket or 5th place game. Good luck to everyone this weekend.

Quarterfinals recap.PNG

Semi Finals Recap:

The semi finals are complete. In the first matchup, SkinsFanPip took down 3 time defending champion Kel Varnsen by a score of 126.50 - 104.62. SkinsFanPip had strong performances from Tom Brady, Derrick Henry, and Darren Waller. Kel Varnsen's streak of winning at least 1 BGO league each of the last 3 seasons will come to an end.

In the other semi final, regular season champion Canadian Hog made light work of Special K winning 168.94 - 119.52. Canadian Hog had strong performance from almost his entire team while Ryan Tannehill's big performance wasn't enough for Special K to keep up. Canadian Hog was league champion in one of the two leagues last year and he looks to make it back to back years as BGO Ballers champion.

1608688250763.png

For those of us not in the championship game, there are several consolation games. So check the league schedule to see if you have a game this week.

1608688325669.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.