10th Annual BGO Ballers Fantasy Football League

One of many experimental iterations ...

Kel Varnsen

2019 BGO Ballers Champ
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

High Point

Which is correct for BGO game lineup deadline?
1. The start of the player's real-life game
2. The start of the first game on the designated day of the week

I found the scoring info for the league but not the lineup deadline.

Thanks!
The player locks in their spot when their game starts. So for this Thursday, if you have any Bears or Packers in your lineup, they will lock in that spot when that game starts. However, all other players can be moved around until their game starts Sunday or Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kel Varnsen

2019 BGO Ballers Champ
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

High Point

I emailed this to everyone in the league, but wanted to post here as well.

With the season starting on Thursday night, I have a few housekeeping items for everyone.

Please make sure to set your lineup every week. We want each week to be a battle for all, so please make sure you keep up with who is on bye and who is injured and not playing and set your lineup accordingly. I understand there are last minute changes in status and we can't always make the change, but please do the best you can so we can keep the league competitive.

On that note, please remember to play the whole season. We had one person give up last year and it made the league less fun. So even if you are out of it, please set your lineup and do what you can to play spoiler. And if you do play spoiler, please come in this thread and let everyone know!

Lastly, have fun! This is the most important thing.

Win4us

Super Bowl MVP
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Air Force

Alright I played this for my FF team, hopefully it sticks!

Shi no Tenshi

2016 Blognostications Champ
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Time to see if the Patriots can turn another disgruntled Raiders receiver into gold. If so...my team just got an obscene boost.

China

The Team Captain
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Michigan State

Thanks for leaving Desean Jackson on the bench Btfoom.

Kel Varnsen

2019 BGO Ballers Champ
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

High Point

It was a pretty lopsided week 1 in both leagues. For the first week, if you had the players, you won and won big. League one saw a fairly competitive match between @China and @btfoom. Plus one really competitive contest that game down to the very last plays by Drew Brees to allow @ZeroAnd16 edge out @Boone. Just about everything else was a blowout. Congrats to everyone who won this week. Our high scorers this week were @Neophyte in League 1 and @Elephant in League 2. Below are the results for week 1.

League 1 scores:

League 1 week 1.jpg

League 2 scores:

League 2 week 1.jpg

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

With 1:15 left to play, I had the lead.

Story of my fantasy football life :(

dugless1ders

The Cheerleader
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Kansas State

My Apologies NEO... for some reason I thought you had Dak Prescot too on top of Amari Cooper and jokingly tweeted something to effect "So Called #Redskins Fan" :nonchalance: ... I've deleted it after realizing my error.

I have to say... playing FFB makes the non-Redskins games a lot more interesting and lost a close one to you.

Game Week2.JPG

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

I took a risk drafting 3 top RBs (Mcaffery, Mixon, and Kerryon) before looking at WRs and I'm getting killed as a result as 2 of the 3 haven't done squat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kel Varnsen

2019 BGO Ballers Champ
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

High Point

Week 2 in league 1 saw @China dominate not only his opponent, but the entire league. He put up an impressive 160.86 points. Through 2 weeks, @China, @Neophyte, and @ZeroAnd16 remain undefeated.

League 2 saw a lot of high scores, but Ax was the highest scorer. @Elephant and @Canadian Hog remain undefeated in league 2. Below are the scores from week 2 along with the standings thus far.

League 1:

League 1 week 2.jpg

League 1 week 2 Standings.PNG

League 2:

League 2 week 2.jpg

League 2 week 2 Standings.PNG

Last edited:

Neophyte

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

My Apologies NEO... for some reason I thought you had Dak Prescot too on top of Amari Cooper and jokingly tweeted something to effect "So Called #Redskins Fan" :nonchalance: ... I've deleted it after realizing my error.

I have to say... playing FFB makes the non-Redskins games a lot more interesting and lost a close one to you.

View attachment 4168
No worries. :)

I'm used to a bit of flack over starting Cowboys on my team, however, I drop allegiances for Fantasy. Whoever will help my team win is fair game. Understand, I never cheer for anyone to do well against the Skins but I don't shy away from starting them either.

Having said that, my team was largely selected by Auto-draft so I got a couple of Cowboys due to Skins fans bypassing them. I might have chosen other players had I been available to join the draft live.

Shi no Tenshi

2016 Blognostications Champ
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Damn, the Giants/Buccaneers game is hooking me up with all the points. About time my team lived up to its potential.

On a related note...sorry Knight. :)

China

The Team Captain
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Michigan State

Ugh. I got destroyed this week. And Saquon Barkley gets injured to boot.

Win4us

Super Bowl MVP
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Air Force

Raise your hand if you started a running back who was ruled out :whoo:

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

I was in pretty good shape until 2 minutes or so left in the 1 p.m. games, during which Dug's House of Payne unleashed hell on me with 2 or 3 late scores. But hey - all I need is for Dustin Hopkins to kick 7 or 8 FGs and I'm right back in this thing :)

SkinsOrlando

Searching for the 6 fingered man
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Kent State

Pretty sure SO would win anyways but still I get the dumbass award
I dunno Win, it's close and Montgomery hasn't done squat the first two weeks of the season, you might squeak this one out

Win4us

Super Bowl MVP
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Air Force

I dunno Win, it's close and Montgomery hasn't done squat the first two weeks of the season, you might squeak this one out
Honestly, I'd love for your rb to catch 1 maybe 2 good passes and the skank ho`s win while our skins ball the **** out and slaughter the bears tonight.

dugless1ders

The Cheerleader
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Kansas State

I was in pretty good shape until 2 minutes or so left in the 1 p.m. games, during which Dug's House of Payne unleashed hell on me with 2 or 3 late scores. But hey - all I need is for Dustin Hopkins to kick 7 or 8 FGs and I'm right back in this thing :)
I got very lucky with Russel Wilson going crazy for 51.34 fantasy pts accounting for 42% of my total points.

If Hop kicks 8 he ties the record: "Tennessee Titans kicker Rob Bironas made history when he successfully converted eight field goal attempts during a 38-36 win over the Houston Texans on Oct. 21, 2007."

Russel Wilson.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.
    Chat 0