• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Good Stuff...

4 man rushes while not getting sacks is putting pressure on which hasn't happened in a long time

Speaking of the kicking game, new Redskins kicker Dustin Hopkins had four touchbacks among his five kicks – the fifth went 8 yards deep. So the Rams started all five drives at their own 20; four ended in punts and a fifth ended in downs at the end of the game.

--John Keim

Dustin Hopkins looks like the real deal thus far. Could be our Lohmiller for years to come.

Well I'm a happy chappy today which inspired me to post for the first time. Nothing like a Redskins win to put a smile on your face for a few days at least and turn a long time lurker into a first time poster!

So the good stuff:

1) We won. And not a shoot out or a lucky win, this one looked convincing from start to finish (more or less - give or take a little wobble in the third!). Washington always looked in control of this game, and even that wobble didn't seem to affect them as much as it did me as a fan. I just started to get this dread feeling in the pit of my stomach about a collapse, we've seen it before so many times. But all credit to them they never wavered and then put their foot on the Rams throat in the 4th. Been a while since I was as happy with a game as this one.

2) The Offensive Line is proving to be the strength of this team. I love what they're doing, and it's still such early days!!!!! I mean I'm prepared for them to have a bad game at some point, with such youth and inexperience on the right hand side I'll be amazed if they are consistently good all season, but I'm hopeful that we'll get a good season and that we can build on this going forwards. This is the foundation... A good strong line means we're getting a great running game and a good game off Kirk Cousins who now has more confidence. Plus I feel like having the D-Line practice against this O-Line regularly has lifted their play too. It's gotta help raise everyones game surely. I think that's one reason why we've been so solid against the run, we've had to practice against this new O-line with Morris and Jones...

3) Which brings me to MoJo. Morris burnt the Dolphins last week, Jones torched the Rams this week. I love it! It means that opposing Defenses have no where to hide. Doesn't matter who is playing in the backfield with Capt Kirk, there is a significant run threat that they HAVE to take seriously. Kinda like 2012 when there was always RGIII back there. Even when Morris was out the Defenses had to account for RGIII and his run ability. Now we can put a decent running back on every down and they have to respect that. And again... all makes it easier for the passing game...

4) Which brings me to the passing. It's not spectacular, but it's solid at the moment. A no interception game for Kirk was a definite plus (though it was close!), and our receiving corps looks good. Reed is back and thus far looks great, Garcon is always dependable and I'm liking our new guys too at the moment. (I'm thinking maybe Roberts might be the odd man out though....)

5) KICKING!!!! Oh my! I was a bit on the fence last week when we got rid of Forbath. I remembered the dark days of us searching high and low for a decent kicker and while Forbath wasn't setting the world on fire he was at least reliable. But Hopkins just looks like a huge upgrade. Fingers crossed this wasn't just beginners luck. And Tress Way did an awesome job in keeping those punts away from being returned. Just solid play all around on that front.

6) Penalties... Still too many for my liking, but we did better than the Rams did. Still some stupid ones, but showed much improvement I thought over the penalty-fest that was last week where we decided that we wanted to go the other way down the field for a while. I really worried we would go all the way backwards and give away a safety at one point we looked so stupid! Now if they can just stop the silly holding penalties...

7) Time of Possession!!! Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this now 2 games in a row where we've dominated the ToP to the tune of 37mins? If we can do this consistently we'll win lots of games!

8) The NFC East in disarray! I'm in the UK so I went to bed not long after the Redskins game on Sunday, basically just pleased we'd won. Woke up Monday morning and the Eagles look horrible, the Giants look worse and the Cowboys are now without Romo or Bryant for extended periods. Suddenly a division title looks within reach, and I was not even contemplating that 3 days ago. Feels good to feel like we're playing for something instead of just a few wins to prove that our rebuild is on track.

Looking forward to seeing where we are in the power rankings this week....

And bring on the Giants!!! :D

MoJo - I like it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Ax, I've been popping in and out for a while but hadn't posted before.

I like BGO, it's a nice community by the looks of things. Haven't seen any haters really on here, just good positive Redskins fans. :D
I enjoy that.

And I wish I could take credit for MoJo, but I saw it somewhere else Boone. LOL Can't recall where.

Yeah, that's a pretty good nickname for them. Great post!

Griffin is SO isolated from his teammates...doesn't want to be around ANY of them, doesn't want to be a part of ANYTHING! Oh, wait...who is that congratulating Jones on the sidelines?

View attachment 2630

stupid mediots..

For those interested, Cooley does his film break down offense vs Rams

I know some around here have a problem with his delivery but the info is probably as good as any and gives more than a little 'insight' into things I certainly am not aware of like the run plays called just before half actually having some subtle impact.

He really gets into Kirk's performance, mostly good some less than.

Interesting bits about breaking tendencies during the game and why some things played out the way they did.
ESPN 980 Audio Vault - Play Now

Jordan Reed. At least he got me 9.6 points for my fantasy team.

Dustin Hopkins.

Keenan Robinson.

Pass pro, by Redskins standards, has been sponge-worthy.

The good stuff?

I got to go to bed a little earlier by not watching the 4th and got some sleep before work this morning? Does that count?

:D

All of our top 4 draft picks have contributed this year. Preston Smith hasn't done much yet, but he was labeled as a project from the get go. Hopefully Barry will find ways to use him in blitzes - something I had hoped would happen in NY. For a 4th round rookie, Crowder is looking like a solid value and may develop into a complete steal. Matt Jones and Scherff looking first rate.
Spencer Long may be a bust, but Morgan Moses was a steal last year.
Jordan Reed hasn't missed a game yet. If he proves durable, he will break all our team TE records and make multiple probowls.

Hopkins. That's about it for last night.

Oh also, Grant and Garçon and probably some other WR making great catches on some throws that were off target. I used to get so mad watching Redskins games and seeing the receivers not catch those or have them go off their hands for an INT. Then I turn on other games and see the WR bailing out their QBs with great catches. I saw a lot of that last night and I liked it.

Young talent is evident. McCL's touch is starting to show some.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.