• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Thoughts

Anyone else having issues with Facebook freezing up and spinning endlessly when opened from a laptop or desktop? Browser doesn't seem to matter. Strange...

IMG_2956.jpg

Can anyone recommend from experience, a flea treatment that will work for a couple indoor cats, who have it really really bad, where the fleas somehow keep coming back, after every time they're treated

Can anyone recommend from experience, a flea treatment that will work for a couple indoor cats, who have it really really bad, where the fleas somehow keep coming back, after every time they're treated

Brevecto. It's a 90 day prescription treatment. You can buy online but your vet will need to authorize.

Brevecto. It's a 90 day prescription treatment. You can buy online but your vet will need to authorize.

Looks like it's topical. That's good. Oral is a pain. And the house treatments are a pain too, at the least the ones most people recommend, which are so potent, that all humans and animals have to evacuate for 4 hours.
Thanks very much.

If it's that bad, you've probably got fleas living on furniture, pillows, and carpet - treating the pet may not be enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea it appears to also need a mass fumigation of the home, of some sort.
But it seems like each of those options have very undesirable side effects.
So I'm searching for the one with the least drawbacks.
I actually tried a store-bought one, that was supposed to be reputable and potent, and sprayed virtually every inch of carpet. But again, it was only a temporary relief.
There seems to be some success reports by using Borax on the carpets.
Some people claim that it could be toxic to cats, but I think they might be confusing it with Boric Acid.

Last edited:
So, Win, have you seen any Russian bombers lately?

So, Win, have you seen any Russian bombers lately?

Ha nah not yet. We have the base between us and the coast. The base is sending up jets round the clock so pretty sure those interceptions are fairly common. The "Grossman" theory

We had fleas in the house when I was a kid. We put bowls of water with a few drops of dish soap around. Did the trick. Don't know that we had a serious infestation.

Anyone else having issues with Facebook freezing up and spinning endlessly when opened from a laptop or desktop? Browser doesn't seem to matter. Strange...

As reported this week, it was due to the ads that were being targeted to teenage users.

Kind of a depressing day for DC yesterday/today. I drove to BMore yesterday and was listening to 980 most of the way and they were all pumped and excited about winning both playoff games.

Glad I'm not there to listen to the response today.

It's not completely the caps fault. Fleury has been playing out of his mind & carrying the team in postseason. Minus the game 6 bedshitting

It's not completely the caps fault. Fleury has been playing out of his mind & carrying the team in postseason. Minus the game 6 bedshitting

Can't agree with this. It's fine to give the Caps credit for rallying to get to game 7. They deserve credit. But they absolutely own what happens in game 7. Given their history of epic collapses, their domination in the regular season, the Penguins being vulnerable, and not being able to score a single goal with all that was on the line in front of their home crowd? That's simply pathetic. I'll also mention that both the goals scored in the finale were the result of lazy and sloppy play - neither one of them should've happened. Winners win, losers give rationales for why they couldn't.

The Caps played the first ten minutes like a bat out of hell. If just one of those early shots had found the net it might have been an entirely different game. Pittsburgh survived the onslaught, scored one of their own, and gained the momentum. Pretty hard to win when you don't score.

Ifs and buts...

They definitely got no lucky bounces - unfortunate.

From a pens fan perspective the caps are a helluva team. They're just not built for playoffs. Or maybe they are but are lackling consistency.

Basically they're damn good in spurts but fall out once you get one past Holtby. Ovechkin needs to concentrate less on shooting or laying the boom at every opportunity. That team needs more setting up plays, back checking & overall sound D from him.

Maybe that's the best he's got idk, I could see him on a Crosby or Malkin line easy if u guys are done with him.

BTW the ONLY caps player I wanna see salty right now is Orpik. **** that guy & the mother who birthed him.

I hear ya tho Boone, caps deserve the scarlet 'C' for chokers all the same. Imo Pitt shoulda never let it get to a game 7.

I went to Game 2 in the Pens series and was there for Toronto as well in Round 1.

I have thought for years under McPhee and now McClelland that the Washington front office has always been about the physical ability of the players they draft and trade for but not often enough about either the intangibles of 'competitiveness' or the 'mix' of players - how the team fits together and complements one another.

I don't think it's coincidental that the Caps best games in the playoffs were in Toronto and Pittsburgh on the road, away from the expectations of the fans and the 'ghosts' of playoffs past.

Again, this goes back to the competitiveness argument. When it came down to Game 7 at home to exorcise the playoff demons in a 1-0 game through the first 35-40 minutes, NO ONE stepped up on this team.

It wasn't just the lack of scoring, the physical play and corner work we saw in Games 5 and 6 wasn't there, which are usually the precursors to creating good scoring opportunities.

Where was the 'compete' level?

The two players I saw that continued to work hard and try to create something were Matt Niskanen and Justin Williams.

Williams' whole career has been about consistently putting out the effort and not letting the moment become to big for you. He came from winning organizations.

Niskanen came from Pittsburgh and while he didn't win a Cup there he certainly saw the other side of the rivalry.

That leaves 20 other players to answer for their play or lack thereof.

Johansson, Carlson, Backstrom, Ovechkin, Kuznetsov and Holtby all have top end skills but on another team none of them, including Ovechkin, would be named the team captain.

They are good players but need others to lead them on the ice.

Williams at 35/36 and Niskanen, a defensemen, aren't enough.

It was very interesting to me that when the Capitals decided to go 'all in' in 2016 and 2017 they decided with trades for some top picks to acquire TJ Oshie and Kevin Shattenkirk from St. Louis.

Why? Because in recent years the St. Louis Blues with both of those players on the team were in many ways the Western Conference version of the Capitals.

Often with an excellent regular season record, the Blues just could never seem to get over the hump against clubs like the Blackhawks or Kings.

Oshie and Shattenkirk?

The big rap on Oshie was that he came up small in the big games, most specifically in the playoffs against Chicago.

Shattenkirk was a 'minus' player as a defenseman for the Blues in the playoffs and continued that trend in Washington during these playoffs.

Shattenkirk could skate and score goals on the power play but was suspect playing the puck in his own end and despite his size was not a physical presence.

If I were the GM of a team looking to exorcise some pretty weighty demons I don't know I would draw my apples out of the St. Louis barrel :uhoh:

Until Washington puts Leadership - 'willingness to sacrifice', 'compete level' near the top of the form when they are evaluating picks, trades and free agents they are going to continue to fall short of a Cup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 10)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.