• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Thoughts

I made back yard burgers once or twice on my grill

I love seeing stuff like this...

Curious if you guys ever use a w/ for 'with' in a bullet like statement or is that a just a military thing?

A 1970 Hemi Cuda was just auctioned at Barrett-Jackson, it did not meet reserve at $1.6 million.

Pretty common in part listings, I use it all the time

Right on, the military lingo can be so stupid, was just curious. Here are a few of the AF's bullet style promoting statement examples. I figured theyre gibberish to many, lol.

aced-9-cr-hrs-twd-it-bsproj-mgmt-crs3-pdcs--40-gpamngd-3-cyber-projs-valued-at-5msqs-largest-sect

dual-hatted-as-ncoicaf-contract-evaluator-12-mo-in-place-tdy60-hr-wks--key-to-7-yr19b-contract-awd

sat-insp-prep-lead-created-roadmapvalidated-30-mict-cklst-items---2015-uei-highly-effective-msn-execution

The (w/) is used very frequently in these types of statements

Last edited:
As some of you probably saw on FB and twitter...

It's now official as of today. I am now one of the medically disabled and retired - bah. Although the disabilities go back a number of years, I was able to work on occasion and live a somewhat normal life. Last summer changed everything. A couple of weeks ago is when the decision was made and today I arrived at that moment.

As some of you know, I am a workaholic and have thrived on that for a long time. In recent years I was given some latitude, but no longer. Perhaps the message has been sent to take a new direction and live accordingly. Do I like it? Not really. But now I can set some new directions and find different avenues to stay busy. One avenue is already decided - doing the BBQ blog here at BGO. That can now continue without interruption for the most part.

Well, I'm open for suggestions. :tennis:

Being medically disabled takes some getting used to, especially if you want to work, but as time goes by, it becomes easier (?) to accept. I have been medically disabled for over 10 years (I'm a disability support pensioner) and the brain thinks it can still play sport, go to work, and do things I was doing 20 years ago, but the body knows that sport is no longer on the agenda, working is not going to happen as I would have to take two days off for every day I work, and the only thing I can do that I did 20 years ago requires sitting on my arse! I can't remember the last day I was pain free, so I just take it easy, relax as much as possible and do what I can do, when I can do it.

As long as your family know that they are not the reason for you throwing things and feeling frustrated, you'll get through it.

Well, my first thought is that I'm happy for your recovery from your event last summer - I know we were all concerned for you. There's no doubt that you are a 'type A' workaholic type, so that must make any limitations frustrating. I guess one of the best things about this era is that there is so much that you can do and access from home in ways that were never possible before. So I would take max advantage of that - and I know you already do... We have always been thankful for your contributions here and will continue to be grateful for the great content you produce, but more importantly that you're a big part of BGO and always will be. Best thoughts your way as you make this transition.

You get 1 chance to own any type of muscle car ever made, $ is no option. What do you choose?

I have a 1969 Cougar XR7 convertible - 351 Windsor that needs about 10% more restoration. It's in storage right now. Not too sure of the future with it - keep it, sell, finish restoring, etc. are all options. Just not sure right now.

I'm getting too old now, but would love to have a 1971 Pontiac GTO Judge - 455 CI, 335 HP, 4 speed, Convertible. Costs are too astronomical for me, but that is the one I would like.

The money Cudas were getting at Barrett-Jackson earlier this year makes me wonder why I am not more of a Mopar fan, but Shelby GT 500 is the muscle car I'd most like to have. Model years doesn't matter to me that much.

Just got back from seeing 'Kong'. He's one badass monkey in it!

So do you have a pic of the cougar BB?

Ohhh very good choice with the Shelby El. Wish I had the patience & funding to build an older car like that up.

Last edited:
Looking at snowmobiles now since operation salmon boat seems to be shelved. FYI when Boone organizes the BGO trip up here to Alaska I will permit each and every one of you to ride it.

So do you have a pic of the cougar BB?

Ohhh very good choice with the Shelby El. Wish I had the patience & funding to build an older car like that up.

I posted some pics on here a few years ago when we had a similar thread. Here is one of them.

Coug003.jpg

I really would never consider a car show - it's just not that kind of a special ride. I might do a local show if some event in the neighborhood or town has such a thing happening. I've never done anything like that, but would consider it. Otherwise, nah. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 10)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.