• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Eagles Trade Rumors CSN

Bulldog

The Legend
Reaction score
There was a blurb this AM about a potential deal where Philly would get the #5 overall pick for #20 this year, a #4 this year, a #1 in 2016, and another #4 in 2016.

That's not enough compensation IMO.

The Eagles won 19 games the past two years, so another pick around #20 or lower in 2016 is likely.

I would amend the deal to provide for the #20 this year, a #2 this year, a #1 in 2016 and quarterback Nick Foles.

Well, to pull the trigger, especially in a deal with a division rival, the offer has to be significantly better than what the stupid draft trade chart shows. We have all the leverage in this kind of scenario.

I agree. That's why I want a second blue chip prospect THIS year and a player who has shown he is capable of starting in the NFL.

If Griffin doesn't make it I want more behind him than Cousins or McCoy.

I doubt it will ever happen.

But if Marijuana is there, Philly won't be the only team wanting a shot at him. nice to get a bidding war going.

But again, I look for him to be gone by our turn. Also, my guess is Philly would prefer to leap frog us anyway. I'm sure they'd be no happier providing us with extra high picks, as we would potentially giving them their dream scenario.

Yeah if filthy wants our #5 they need to make it worth while...call is McSuck reparations and stuff. If Mary-J is there we shouldn't settle for anything other than their 1&2, maybe next years 1&2.

If he is there and Jay isn't totally feeling Griff then maybe we should take him. Either ransome him to the highest bidder or let the qb's play it out.

We are ahead of the Jets. If we tell Philly we are going to take him at #5 what are they going to do then? 😊

Take Landon Collins at #6? 😝

I'll take picks and Foles to move down one spot 😎

No, the Eagles would only pull the trigger on the Jets trade if the Skins passed on Mariota.

What's interesting is why they'd be talking about it now ...

Kelly is still a mystery at this point but the Jests are a team that ends up blowing most of their picks and signings anyway.

They're pretty sure we'll trade out of the #5 to somebody else rather than give a division rival a top QB prospect? Just guessin'.

Well, to pull the trigger, especially in a deal with a division rival, the offer has to be significantly better than what the stupid draft trade chart shows. We have all the leverage in this kind of scenario.

we only have leverage if 1) we are willing to draft mariotta or 2) The Jets will draft him/or will not trade out.

we only have leverage if 1) we are willing to draft mariotta or 2) The Jets will draft him/or will not trade out.

That would be more leverage :) The leverage I'm speaking of is that we are perfectly fine staying at #5 - we don't need to trade down - as opposed to the Eagles who from the sounds of it, really want Mariotta. And if you don't think the Jets would snatch up Mariotta in a heartbeat.... I think the more likely thing to put the cabash on this trade down is him going at #2.

Said it a couple weeks ago...if we think the Eagles will make a big deal for Mariotta, we draft him, then deal :)

We better have that deal lined up before we take him, otherwise they could be posturing to set up for us to take him, then be 'stuck' with him.

This is all such bs I cant even qualify it no not a bit

That would be more leverage :) The leverage I'm speaking of is that we are perfectly fine staying at #5 - we don't need to trade down - as opposed to the Eagles who from the sounds of it, really want Mariotta. And if you don't think the Jets would snatch up Mariotta in a heartbeat.... I think the more likely thing to put the cabash on this trade down is him going at #2.

I'm with ya! somehow...I'm thinking the Iggles getting their hands on Mariotta wld not be a good thing for the Skins.....but who the heck knows at this point!

Is TN really going with Mettenberger or do they jump into this by taking a qb at #2?

There don't appear to be too many potential stars for the OL, WR, DB, etc among the top 15 prospects.

Can TN really afford to pass up the qb?

I agree that's the wildcard factor in all this...

Imagine if Mariota ends up being a HOF qb for the Eagles...if he ends up on the Eagles, let's let some other team put him there instead of us.

The phone is going to ring from a lot of other teams for the #5 pick. Let's deal with them.

Meh. Imagine if the 20th pick (who we would have taken) ends up being a HOF'er and Mariotta has a mediocre career.

If we get good value for the pick and can leverage one pick into 2-3 starters, I don't think we can afford to play the what if game. McLovin's track record gives me a lot of confidence. If we still had Vinny, I'd be singing a different tune.

Like a dirge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.