• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Shaun Suisham

Agreed. But we all know it's a "What have you done for me lately" world. And like you said, there are more than a few that haven't done squat lately Cough Landry cough.

Unfortunately for Suisham , kickers are easy to replace. Safeties not so much

Kickers are judged differently. Besides with Suisham it wasn't like he missed a 50 yrd kick. He basically missed an extra point.

I just saw Dan Steinberg post that Suisham leaves as the most accurate kicker in Redskins history, among those with over 100 kicks.

Gano will also become the 13th kicker to attempt a kick for the Redskins this decade...can anyone name them all? I could only get 8. HINT: this list includes 2000, which is technically the last decade.

Last edited by a moderator:
'most accurate'.

yeah, but with a brief period of work - 3 plus years. and with a 2008 season that was among the worst in the NFL.

so much for statistics :)

you know why Mark Moseley was the best kicker in Redskins history?

not because he made 23 in a row at one point to set the then record.

it is because he made kicks like the 49 yarder in the snow against the Giants to win a tight 15-14 game in the 1982 season.

because when the game was on the line he produced.

you couldn't count on Suisham in the fourth quarter and that's all that really mattered.

Talked to a fellow alum from FSU who is as true to FSU football as we are Skins' and he absolutely raves about this kid, Gano. He is now living in Baltimore so he feels perplexed that this kid didn't make it up there. In his senior year he won all possible Kicker awards. I think an important stat is he always kicks it out of the end zone (a couple times through the uprights). He also kicked a 63 yarder against Florida one year. And to top it all off, he kicked the game winning FG in the inaugural Championship game of the USL.

Maybe this is a reversal of David Akers for us. Maybe he had jitters in Baltimore. Who knows?

Last edited:
Was that a 46 yarder in pouring rain and mud? Shazza....oh...wait a minute.

Yeah, Gano was on target Sunday.

I'm reserving final judgment until he makes a pressure kick.

But so far, so good.

I agree that with the game on the line he still has to prove his worth, but don't you think there was a little pressure on his first NFL kick?

Like I mentioned in the Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down thread I think his worth over Suisham was noticed most on kickoffs. Sure he made two FG that should have been made, but Suisham showed he could at least do that when there was no pressure. The real measure yesterday was in starting field position for the opposing team after kickoffs.

Suisham consistently kicked it off to about the 10 or 15 yard line allowing opposing teams better than average field position. Yesterday the worst kickoff for Gano went to the 9 yard line, but that was a 76 yard kickoff from our own 15 after a 15 yard penalty.

That is something I have not seen in Washington in a long time!

I loved the commentary when he made his first FG.

"Graham Gano. I'm the new kicker ... How you doin. Graham Gano ... Hi. Graham Gano, new kicker."

Pretty funny stuff from the C crew. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.