• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Robert Griffin Stirs Controversy w/ Tweet

First amendment

Those of you who criticize RG3 for voicing his opinion just confirm what he said. We have let the tyranny of political correctness suppress our citizen first amendment rights.

In addition

Free thinking African Americans are especially victimized by the tyranny of political correctness. RG3 knows this because of how people have responded to his outspokenness. People want to put nominated box. If he behaves differently, the he really isn't one of us.

I'll honestly have to check with my friend (the attorney). The one in Montana is the Cree Indian Reservation in Havre, Montana. I've only met the attorneys involved with the other 4... they probably told me the names. But bottom line, it's not just the one reservation (that is rather small) in Montana.. it involves more than that one.. if you know.. if there's those 5 out there that feel that way, there are more. Thus is the rule :)

Docsandy: Bingo! And thank you. Also, I'm curious: which reservation? Rocky Boy? Northern Cheyenne?

Those of you who criticize RG3 for voicing his opinion just confirm what he said. We have let the tyranny of political correctness suppress our citizen first amendment rights.

I agree with you on many levels, but remember, the first amendment also comes with responsibility, and shouldn't be treated too blindly, or absolutely.

DocSandy, that would be Rocky Boy. I've known a few people from there. Some good, some bad, but none of them cared about the name either.

Free thinking African Americans are especially victimized by the tyranny of political correctness. RG3 knows this because of how people have responded to his outspokenness. People want to put nominated box. If he behaves differently, the he really isn't one of us.

African americans are especially victimized when it comes to political correctness????? Moreso than who? Provide a good example, please because that statement baffles me. :uhoh:

I'm the one who spoke out about him talking trash about the cowboys and being involved in something that the media will pick up and run with. It has nothing to do with his race or putting him in a box. You're way off base. Hell it had nothing to do with the subject of his tweets because at that point it was still kind of a mystery as to what he was referring to on twitter.

The race card really? Poor form.

not my call but I'm guessing he means folks like the Pastor that was "dis-invited" from Moorehouse recently or the MIT professor who was excoriated for having the gall to Keep it real" just like RG3 is. If you're limited by the outcry your own race might resort to if you have the temerity to NOT go along with the 90% I'd say that's a textbook example of what we're talking about here, the tyranny of PC.

African americans are especially victimized when it comes to political correctness????? Moreso than who? Provide a good example, please because that statement baffles me. :uhoh:

I'm the one who spoke out about him talking trash about the cowboys and being involved in something that the media will pick up and run with. It has nothing to do with his race or putting him in a box. You're way off base. Hell it had nothing to do with the subject of his tweets because at that point it was still kind of a mystery as to what he was referring to on twitter.

Thomas Sowell, Clarence Thomas, Star Parker...just about any African American who sides with a conservative political philosophy. I have a Navy bubba, also African American, Franz Kebreau who has written extensively on this. same goes for conservative women.

You can add Dr. Ben Carson to that list. He is a neurosurgeon and the director of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital. He was forced to withdraw from the commencement speaking duties at Hopkins' medical school graduation this month.

Why?

#TheTyrannyOfPoliticalCorrectness

Thomas Sowell, Clarence Thomas, Star Parker...just about any African American who sides with a conservative political philosophy. I have a Navy bubba, also African American, Franz Kebreau who has written extensively on this. same goes for conservative women.

OK so asking for examples was kind of silly, I'll admit. Every one of us can site real world examples of how this effects us every day.

I'm sorry political correctness effects every race, gender, sexual preference, country of origin, ethnicity, religion, political beliefs, etc. etc.. I'm not about to sit here and debate how one race is affected more so than the other, it effects all of us. I'm sure as hell not going to act like what I deal with is any more OR any less important than what anyone and I mean ANYONE else deals with.

Dr Carson actually operated on a co-worker of mine about a year-and-a-half-ago. She had trigeminal neuralgia and chose to treat it with surgery rather than spend the rest of her life on painkillers.

Nick

You can add Dr. Ben Carson to that list. He is a neurosurgeon and the director of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital. He was forced to withdraw from the commencement speaking duties at Hopkins' medical school graduation this month.

Why?

#TheTyrannyOfPoliticalCorrectness

See, with situations like him, I would say I would hope his speech wouldn't be about what he got in "trouble" for anyway. He is obviously a very skilled neruosurgeon, who has controversial views, and for something like a commencement speech I would imagine he was intelligent enough not to try and push a political agenda at one.

For both sides of the griping, people need to recognize a time and place. Had he said what he did at a commencement speech instead of a political talk show, I'd say he shouldn't do another. At the same time, other people need to realize people can have beliefs that conflict with theirs and yet still be a positive inspirational figure.

Last edited:
Race card?..

Now I am the one who is baffled. I didn't say anything about a race card. It has just been my experience that when people speak out contrary to the labels and stereotypes that society has placed upon them (tyranny of political correctness) they are viewed negatively because they are stepping out of the box that society has placed them in. For example, I was raised as a small town West Texas boy. I am supposed to be a backward dumbass redneck hick. If I express myself differently than what someone perceives I should say, they will view me as stepping out of the box that they have placed me in.

African Americans are supposed to be liberal Democrats, etc. do you get my point? I agree that it was a mistake to make the statement that he made about the Cowboys, but as an American he should be able to freely make that statement. We have every right to disagree with him, but it was the criticism he received about his Redskin tweet that bothered me. Some are saying how dare he make that statement as an African American. To me that is crazy and I believe demonstrates the tyranny of political correctness.

Last edited:
Now I am the one who is baffled.

Well it wouldn't be the first time I caused THAT! :whoknows:

I get what you're saying...and agree.

Free thinking African Americans are especially victimized by the tyranny of political correctness.

I guess I just didn't agree to selecting his race while equating him to a victim in this. Plenty of people here seem to agree with your stance so there it be. I still contend the only true victim in the "tyranny" of political correctness is America.

I see the racial implications some have backed here, but to discuss them fairly one must discuss all variances in all races, genders, etc. etc. Its a discussion much bigger than originally intended here..

Overall I think we agree on what he said and what he's doing is a good thing, I just wish he wouldn't do it with such a big target on his back having not recovered from his injury yet. Just think the media fiasco is a distraction he and the team could do without right now.

Dead on Dead Money

Couldn't agree with you more.:notworthy:

Dead on Dead Money

Couldn't agree with you more.:notworthy:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.