• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Robert Griffin Stirs Controversy w/ Tweet

The downside of his tweet, if one wants the name to stay as is, is that it is now bringing a lot of attention to the topic.

THIS is the only reason it was a dumb tweet. The context of what he said is fine, but why bring attention to something and give it creedence by dignifying it with a comment? It will probably lead PTI, be in the top block of SportsCenter, etc.

NOTHING that happens on twitter is important enough to care about, at least not to those of us who don't use it. It's all just blips in cyberspace. I do think it was timed with the Councilman's call for a change to Redtails (how stupid). What is it with the Dc council and their recurring theme of ignorance in terms of vocabulary, wasn't it a DC councilman who was made a pariah by the correct use of the word niggardly?

NOTHING that happens on twitter is important enough to care about, at least not to those of us who don't use it. It's all just blips in cyberspace.

Not that I disagree with you, because I emphatically do NOT, but **** like this is what passes for journalism these days in the sports world. My point was simply that Bob didn't need to bring attention to the non-issue thus giving it a spotlight it didn't need.

Please use accurate thread titles. I recommend this:

"Robert Griffin IIII stirs controversy w/ TRUTH"

I wonder if those criticising him for the tweet think that we should have to tip toe around everyone. The second people start arguing how an argument in politically incorrect, in whatever variety of ways they do so, they are basically stating that they don't have the brain power to field a proper debate so they have to resort to nitpicking and non sense.

Political correctness makes sense sometimes, but other times it's a burden.

I agree with him.

Having said that, I think RG3 spends a bit too much time on Twitter. And no, not because I think it's preventing him from doing his job or anything like that. Rather, I think he spends too much time on Twitter because tidbits like these become stories and contorted to fit agendas entirely too often.

I agree with the folks who agree with his tweet and those who feel he should layoff Twitter some too.

Social networking will be the end of us, I'm convinced of it. Now I need to update my FB status so see ya soon!

Seriously - https://twitter.com/RGIII

That's his twitter page.

So me where he said his comment was about the team name?

You guys are arguing with each other about nothing :(

In fact here was his tweet, two tweets before the one that has riled everyone up:
Robert Griffin III ‏@RGIII 17h
You ever say something & people interpret it a certain way but you didn't mean it that way but meant it how you said it??? Yea...

derp derp derp alert. derp derp.

You may be right or dead wrong tshile. Then again, thus isn't a court of law so folks are free to speculate/discuss/interpret/misinterpret to their hearts content. It's what we do.

Wouldn't surprised if you are right though...

You may be right or dead wrong tshile. Then again, thus isn't a court of law so folks are free to speculate/discuss/interpret/misinterpret to their hearts content. It's what we do.

Wouldn't surprised if you are right though...

Yeah, I didn't mean it that way. Sorry :)

No sorry needed- like I said I got burned for making an assumption recently - it's quite possible you are right .

I can't agree that Twitter and FB are at all similar in that regard FTS. FB is for actual social interaction with friends. Many people don't even post anything with frequency. Now it certainly has it's share of people who play the AW role, but it's not "the look at me what I've got to say is important" aspect that Twitter is basically based on. I wouldn't be caught dead using Twitter for anything but business reasons like building a feed for someone, but FB? Yea it's helped me reconnect with a lot of folks I thought I'd never see again.

Not that I disagree with you, because I emphatically do NOT, but **** like this is what passes for journalism these days in the sports world. My point was simply that Bob didn't need to bring attention to the non-issue thus giving it a spotlight it didn't need.

I happen to agree. so let me pose a question:

- yesterday I endured a sports radio show that droned on for almost an hour about the historic significance of Collins public declaration

- in the main, the underlying theme was really political and had nothing to do with sports.

I can see a 2 minute "so and so said he is this and that". ok. got it. let's move on. but no, sports now, like every aspect of life, appears to a medium in which "social fairness" has to be put front and center and crammed down our throats.

I had dialed in to listen to Skins draft reviews and instead listened to this **** for nearly an hr (just to see how far they would go in getting across the message that those who disagree are out of touch recidivists" (i.e., pound their own prejudices and hatreds home).

where is the line drawn?

these rectal orifices who think they are clever believe they make their mark by being controversial/provocative - they have a right to lecture their audience, so they think. sports junkies, for example, do this from time to time. mike wise definitely does it and we all know wilbon is borderline obnoxious in this regard.

I find it funny that people hate twitter and Facebook but love message boards.

What's the difference?
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

community. socializing. time on station.

generally not exploited by terrorists and other outcast groups. at least not BGO - so far as we know :)

What's the difference?

The difference is - one of them says, "hey, let's engage in a meaningful discussion", while the other says, "look at me, look at me, look at me".....

There's a big difference in the emphasis - it's either on self.....or the group

I wouldn't be caught dead using Twitter for anything but business reasons like building a feed for someone, but FB? Yea it's helped me reconnect with a lot of folks I thought I'd never see again.

I am sure you have good, mature friends who are the exception.
But for the most part, once a person reconnects with old friends on FB, as you say, then FB has a way of transforming them and bringing out the most childish aspects in them

What's the difference?
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

The type of interaction that goes on.

If everyone posted posts on here that were like tweets I think this place would get the same sort of criticism.

As for facebook - the same type of interactions do go on on message boards, and those interactions are made fun of.

The difference is - one of them says, "hey, let's engage in a meaningful discussion", while the other says, "look at me, look at me, look at me".....

There's a big difference in the emphasis - it's either on self.....or the group

I am sure you have good, mature friends who are the exception.
But for the most part, once a person reconnects with old friends on FB, as you say, then FB has a way of transforming them and bringing out the most childish aspects in them

Nah I can't agree at all. Sure there is a minority of people who play the annoying childish role, but they were probably always like that a bit to begin with. The vast majority -at least 90% of my friends anyway- don't really change at all, they're the same in person. The big difference I've seen is the written word is more difficult to interpret accurately than a vocal expression.

The type of interaction that goes on.

If everyone posted posts on here that were like tweets I think this place would get the same sort of criticism.

As for facebook - the same type of interactions do go on on message boards, and those interactions are made fun of.

Nope the twitter difference is stark but simple...

Twitter is all about telling everyone in cyberspace what YOU think about something. The other forms of social media from Skype to FB to message boards to chat rooms are about actual conversation, not podium time which is all Twitter is. Even at 140 characters a post in this place would still be about conversation, Twitter isn't (although it can evolve into conversations).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.