• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

This season is really eating at me. When mid October rolls around each year, I start to watch more college football games and start the process of building a database of college football prospects.

That process began last weekend, but I wonder if it is worth it. Then I think about everyone here and the loyal readers of Riggo's Rag. All of it will continue. So anyway, when late December/early January rolls around, it will be time for the offseason blog with free agency updates, mocks, and Redskins news.

So yes, we're about 70 days from the BBQ offseason blog. Can you believe it? Someone punch me in the gut and don't hold back.

Spurrier did that with Ramsey and it destroyed him

Patrick Ramsey just wasn't very good. No one ever wants to admit that. Gibbs knew it from the minute he inherited him, which is why he replaced him ‘for injury' at his first opportunity (even though Ramsey wasn't hurt).

Good QBs may struggle initially but if they have what it takes they steadily improve and are successful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haskins can't possibly look worse than Darnold does tonight

Disagree, there's a Tua type every year, one who is proclaimed the 2nd coming of Joe Montana. BTW Tua also suffered an ankle injury recently so who knows if he'll regain his college form.

I've stated what I believe to be Callahan's plan, that he'll put Haskins in after the bye. Doing so next week against the Vikings would do pretty much nothing in the grand scheme of things. We have an o-line that's bipolar on it's best day, a 2nd if not 3rd string rated TE, and our #1 RB is 34 years old with practice squad level backups. To me a it's a potential recipe for disaster.

Only the coaching staff knows for sure why DH isn't the starter at this point. Let's say they do decide DH gets the start with the issues stated above, and he gets smashed to bits by practically the same o-line that gifted not 1 but 2 broken legs to our qb's last season. My question is how would that in any way shape or form be a fair assessment of DH's abilities?

I too want the kid on the field to see what we have to work with going forward, and believe this happens after the bye. But if we're being honest, Bruce's lack of vision and failure to plan ahead has put Haskins in a no win situation coming in at any point this season. Callahan is at least attempting to put a preparation plan in place for the kid, one this team sure as hell hasn't tried in the last 5 years.

The flaw in your logic is the assumption that somehow the risk of injury (which always exists) is higher against the Vikings than the rest of the teams remaining on the schedule. I doubt that. How deos the o-line change over the next several games? Not much.

I stake myself to a different objective - that's why we see it differently: I believe we need to decide whether to roll the dice with DH or draft QB again. Wasting a draft pick? pftttt. With this FO?

In the event, not worth arguiing over. Callahan has his plan.

Haskins can't possibly look worse than Darnold does tonight

He's a bust. The Jets need to cut him tonight. Don't even let him finish the game.

Eh, I tried, but it doesn't feel any better to rage post nonsense than posting logical arguments.

The flaw in your logic is the assumption that somehow the risk of injury (which always exists) is higher against the Vikings than the rest of the teams remaining on the schedule. I doubt that. How deos the o-line change over the next several games? Not much.

I stake myself to a different objective - that's why we see it differently: I believe we need to decide whether to roll the dice with DH or draft QB again. Wasting a draft pick? pftttt. With this FO?

In the event, not worth arguing over. Callahan has his plan.

The season is f'd either way so why rush it. It could be ANY defense, not just the Vikes that cause injury so if two more weeks of preparation could lessen the injury chance while improving his long term success then why not take advantage of it? Oh & the o-line could most certainly change, they can go from a D+ to a shit minus in .02 seconds.

We do differ on the approach, if he is indeed the qb of the future there's zero to gain and everything to lose by putting him out there before he's ready.

We need to quit messing around and draft this kid in the spring. Dude would help ANY qb out

I'd rather not have any Alabama RB. Most have had so many carries by the time they leave for the pros, they've had too much wear and tear on them.

Our new GM will investigate such things, I would hope. We haven't had a big bully running the ball in a minute, it would be nice to feed a monster like that in the 4th quarter. One that can stay on the field for all 3 downs would help out a ton too.

Name the last Alabama QB to do anything in the NFL?

Stabler?

Horse Hockey.

Bruce has had over ten years here.

He's a known quantity as a football exec. and fans are tired of his results/miscues and want a clueless owner to move on.

That's kinda my point DP.

Some here have stated that they'd rather us lose out, hoping it will be the straw to break Snyder's back, and fire Bruce.
Not arguing whether the hatred is justified, or not. Just that it's gotten so embedded that they seem to prefer him getting fired over winning another SB with him in the building.

Super Bowl? I love ya Ax, but you take the 'anything can happen' mentality much too far brother. Of course - in the abstract - anything can happen. But we don't live in the abstract, we live in the real world. And the reality is that Allen has no idea what he's doing yet demands absolute control even in the face of reported push back from the more capable football voices in Ashburn. Ego, stubbornness, and imperviousness to input is a terrible combination of character traits. And we've seen the results of it pretty clearly.

To characterize any fan's opposition to Allen as somehow vindictive or spiteful is ridiculous. No one has anything personal against him - he just flat out sucks at his job. And the 'fans would rather lose than win with Allen' argument is a total red herring argument - because we haven't won with Allen, we aren't winning with Allen, and short some 'anything can happen' fairytale, we're going to continue losing with Allen.

Redskins fans want what fans of every team have wanted since time began. We want to win. We don't care how or who gets credit. But Bruce Allen is never going to build a franchise capable of consistently winning. He doesn't deserve any benefit of the doubt or abstract 'anything can happen' hope. Not even a little.

Just going by what I read here on a regular basis. People want him gone more than they want anything else.
And while anything truly can happen, that wasn't my point. So, without changing the parameters of the this question, what do you prefer.

1. Redskins win the Super Bowl this year. Buying Allen at least 10 more years.
2. Lose until he is fired.

Just going by what I read here on a regular basis. People want him gone more than they want anything else.
And while anything truly can happen, that wasn't my point. So, without changing the parameters of the this question, what do you prefer.

Definitely #2 for me! Hoping that we have enough losing by the end of this year.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

That's like asking who I want to spend the night with - Scarlett Johansson or Kate Upton. It's a silly choice because I don't believe either is possible - particularly option #1 .

And that's why most would pick option #2 . Because retaining a clueless GM (or if you don't agree with that characterization, we can sub 'an unsuccessful to date GM') only guarantees another decade of haplessness.

Case closed.

Eh. That's one person.

My guess is most people here see 'Allen staying' and 'winning a superbowl' as mutually exclusive. They want him gone so they the team CAN win superbowls. If winning one with him seemed reasonable, that would be fine too.

Me? I don't think it matters. I think if Snyder fires Allen he'll simply hire another yes-man and ten years from now we'll be demanding that guy get fired.

I don't WANT that to happen. But that's what history would suggest, and I see no reason to think otherwise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 8, Members: 0, Guests: 8)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.