• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Agreed. My view is that Season 1 was always a write off. I don't really count it much, we were a mess. I think Season 2 we kinda overachieved mostly due to the East sucking. This year was a pretty fair representation of where we're at. He's shown some mistakes coaching, and that's worrying to a point. But I like the fact that this team has fight in it and even when they lose they never stay down for long. And I like the offensive developments.
Awful convenient to "write off" the 1st season. And, if we " kinda overachieved mostly due to the East sucking" in the 2nd season, then that could suggest using it as part of the "2 consecutive winning seasons", and making the playoffs, was just pure shit house luck. And not a reflection of a good coach. And it's not just mistakes. All coaches make'em. he doesn't appear to have learned much. I thought he showed some progress in year 2. But the bar was set low by the "write off" season. He regressed, IMHO, this past season. Looked like a rookie HC without a friggin clue as to what was going on, or how to counteract it. And if that was "fight" we saw against Carolina and in the finale against the vaGiants, then I say we go French, and surrender.

If they spend on Defense this year he'll have no excuses for a bad season. We know what the offense is capable of, what we need is a Defense that steps up to average. At that point it all comes down to coaching.
Yeah, we know the offense can put up pretty stats. Unfortunately, there's no trophy for that.
And, it always comes down to coaching.

WE have no idea is ego was involved or not, that's just idle speculation and personal opinion.
Which is why I said, IMHO. ;)
"...that's just idle speculation and personal opinion"

I have no idea and wouldn't like to speculate
Then, you go on to give personal opinion, and speculation.
But the fact is that as a team when we hired Gruden we couldn't attract top talent to the HC position without conditions. In a sea of coaching opportunities multiple coaches, including Phillips, have put us at the bottom of their "want to work here" list, and that's a trend that's worrying and can't all be attributed for Gruden, because this problem predates him.

Not really. Depends how far back you go. Pre Superbowl era yes we were habitually a bad team, but most people don't remember that. Only you old timers. ;)
Well, you had said, history. Not, recent history. And whether we all witnessed it or not, it is ALL of our team's history.
Which included 2 World Championships. I kinda like including that.

2 more World Championships?!

Naaaaaa you can't fool me. Next thing you'll be telling me is that we weren't always called the Washington Redskins!

Good one ;)

Anyhow all this is is speculation and opinion but that's why I enjoy it here.

I think, and correct me if I'm wrong, I came here because I heard an advert on SkinsCast a while back that billed this place as a community that liked respectful and open conversations and debates.

May not seem like it sometimes but I do read and absorb everyone's opinions. My view of Gruden I think has been influenced by the thoughts and views here for instance. I still believe in him going forward, but I'm far more tempered in my optimism now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey brother, you're a treasured member of the family here. Love reading your novels, er um, posts. lol
Your opinions are as valuable as anyone's.

Well, except mine. Of course. :)

Keep'em coming!

Yes, we have five NFL championships (two were prior to it being renamed "Super Bowl") and eleven NFL championship game appearances (five of which were in the Super Bowl era). We need to add to these totals in the coming years.

Last edited:
lol I don't recognise anything prior to the Glory Years of 2012 and 2013 ;)

I do. Then again, I was born in the late 1950s and was even a fan before I was Cletus the Fetus. There was no other choice.

Lol in all seriousness I have to count them to try and even up the disparity since Wifey became a Packers fan and found their number of championships!!

NFL_DRAFT_Bites ‏@NFLDraftBites
#SeniorBowl Redskins very interested Michigan D-Linemen Chris Wormley. Natural scheme fit.

Jay@RedskinsCult
Gruden asked by NBC4:
NBC: "What about DeSean?"
Jay: "Who?"
"Jackson"
"He's a free agent. I'll let our guys take care of it"

Yes, we have five NFL championships (two were prior to it being renamed "Super Bowl") and eleven NFL championship game appearances (four of which were in the Super Bowl era). We need to add to these totals in the coming years.

5 in the Super Bowl Era. 3 wins, 2 losses

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Allen on a scale of 1-10 on if KC back: "10" Redskins say the right things... Now: have to get it done if that's what they truly believe. <a href="https://t.co/4gr7qQfYDD">https://t.co/4gr7qQfYDD</a></p>— John Keim (@john_keim) <a href="https://twitter.com/john_keim/status/824059495609495552">January 25, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

audio link:

https://soundcloud.com/siriusxmnfl/bruce-allen-kirk-cousins-is-our-quarterback

Going to be the first to predict it. Josh Doctson is a total bust of a first round pick and will never play a full season (or more than a game or two) in the NFL.

He sat out ALL of 2016 after we threw him out there and isn't even able to run. He's running in a pool for God's sake. Medical staff has no idea what's going on.

I think he's done and whatever is going on with him it's not ever going to resolve to a point he can be an NFL WR.

You heard it here first.

Is 17 about where he's expected & deserves to go as of now?

Probably wrong but the last Michigan player I think we took was John Jansen.

He's a likely second rounder, but could slip into the lower part of round one. He will go no later than late in the second round.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.