• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

So where do we go in the 2nd? Seems like there was a big run on CB's today but don't recall too many LB or S....I think we go there next.

Unless there's a C rated 1st round that slipped then I'd take that in a millisecond.

2nd is usually boob grab and a light butt rub.

There is no shiny toy in this draft. Our GM has his head down and studying players like a mofo.

No doubt McLuv's wanted to get a bigger more physical team. 2 players selected and both are 6'5". I love both picks so far!

So they're letting former team greats announce picks huh. I hope Albert does our 3rd rounder, or Trung. Either way is a win!

This Miss St linebacker is the real deal. Watched 3 games especially against TX A&M and Alabama. I don't know anything about college players other than those two schools as half my family went to each one. Miss St had a great defense and one of the top 5 teams last year. Can't miss, and will start.

Most scouts had Matt Jones as a 5th-7th rounder. Hard to believe he wouldn't have been available much later. He's pretty much a slam into the line, limited speed, lean forward power runner whose already had a meniscus repair surgery. I don't get the pick to be honest.

I don't know value and if he would have been available later. The experts can rate that. But what I did like was when I heard Special Teams and pass protection. The special teams comment gives him versatility. The pass protection does the same thing, as the Redsksins RBs have struggled with that since Portis retired. I guess we will see what happens from here.

To me the drafting of Jones as opposed to a faster, third down receiving back this early spells bad news for Silas Redd being a Redskin in 2015.

I don't see the Redskins keeping 3 inside rushers and going with Chris Thompson as the only back who can hit the edge.

With the extra picks, I think Scot is going to take a potential third down receiver out of the backfield to compete with Thompson.

or the plan is to create an offense very similar to the one used in Seattle and wants more options an upgrade over Helu perhaps. I hear he blocks real well. I think we will be more run oriented than years past so maybe stockpiling is in order.

his draft bio does say Jones could be a poor-man's Marshawn Lynch at the next level.

We draft the shiny player and he fizzles out - fans mad

We draft a bunch of solid role players and players who could help - fans mad

Vinny - fans question
Scot - fans question

It's pretty ****ing obvious that this fan base is never happy.

I think the question surrounding Jones is if he provides the Redskins with enough versatility in the backfield at 231 with Alfred Morris already there at 226. Both are inside rushers with limited ability out of the backfield.

Most of us thought the team was going to target a scat-back, a guy that could take a swing pass and go 50 yards for a TD. A guy that regularly stretches the defense.

If the goal was to draft a replacement for Morris if the team doesn't retain him or if he gets injured, then the pick is more understandable.

We draft the shiny player and he fizzles out - fans mad

We draft a bunch of solid role players and players who could help - fans mad

Vinny - fans question
Scot - fans question

It's pretty ****ing obvious that this fan base is never happy.

Mike...I can't imagine why this fanbase would be skeptical given the amazing successes and stellar leadership it has enjoyed since 1992!

give it time big guy. nothing like success to change the piper's tune.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.