• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Time to develop Haskins. I always believed the first five games were for someone else. We're through that hurdle. Develop Haskins or at least find out if you'ld rather draft one of next years QBs. Gruden must go - right after they fire Manusky. We can work on shedding Allen later.

The problem is, Gruden has no desire the develop Haskins. He knows he's gone regardless of what happens. So he's not going to put in the work to develop someone else. It's why he prefers a bum like McCoy, because he doesn't have to develop him. Forget that the talent gap between the two is off the charts, Gruden doesn't want to have to teach. He thinks his system will overcome the lack of talent. We saw today another example of how that's not true. But for all the talk about Gruden and QBs, he sure doesn't want to work with the most talented guy on the roster. A guy he can mold and shape and if he's really a great offensive mind, he can show it with what he does with Haskins. That's what most successful coaches do. But not Gruden. He will whine and cry about how if he only had the QB that could run his system and if guys weren't hurt, etc. then he would look like a genius. It's all just excuses for a guy who can't do his job.

McVay is that once in a generation occurrence. Coordinators with zero HC experience rarely have huge success right out of the gate in their first gig. Lafleur hasn't proven anything yet (pretty sure I could win 4 games with Aaron Rodgers as my QB). He may be great but no way to know right now.

I don't know if O'Connell has what it takes to be a head coach. No one does. I am not even 100% sure he has what it takes to be an OC - because right now, Gruden is the OC. At least with McVay, he had 3 complete seasons as a pseudo-OC in order to develop. My guess is, O'Connell given his major lack of experience, would be in way over his head as a HC, particularly with a franchise that is so dysfunctional.

If the Redskins were going to promote someone from within, I'm not even sure KOC is the strongest candidate.

I think they need to clean house from top to bottom and let a new GM start from scratch. But I don't know that Snyder has the unselfishness to make that happen.

Not confirmed obviously, but rumor on Twitter that Gruden is at a bar telling folks he just got fired.

Cricket chirps so may just be someone crying for attention. Or wishful thinking...

Cricket chirps so may just be someone crying for attention. Or wishful thinking...

I searched online and didn't see any mentions of this. Not saying it isn't true, but the story itself sounded a little too sensational. Gruden at a bar talking to some randos saying he was fired. Especially after the video this past week. I'm going to lean towards someone making it up.

But I'll still be checking when I wake up in the morning to see if he's been fired.

I searched online and didn't see any mentions of this. Not saying it isn't true, but the story itself sounded a little too sensational. Gruden at a bar talking to some randos saying he was fired. Especially after the video this past week. I'm going to lean towards someone making it up.

But I'll still be checking when I wake up in the morning to see if he's been fired.

Yeah. Story was he got the call while out at a nightclub. That does not sound implausible - on either count. But probably just a rumor.

This article points out Thonpson's post game interview CT was speaking in past tense regarding Jay's belief in him. I fell for the win or else after the gnats, however we all know it'll happen eventually.

(..."I feel like he was one of the guys that really believed in me," said Thompson, notably speaking in past tense as if he knew something the reporters didn't know regarding his coach's future. "(He) wanted me to stay here and be with him through his whole legacy here as a coach."...)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sp...uden-chris-thompson/ttlcrhwsnjwz1dnsoko48v7xh

Jay is a turd coach but even Bruce wouldn't fire someone over the phone, I'd hope anyway. At least wait until tomorrow and bring him in the office.

This article points out Thonpson's post game interview CT was speaking in past tense regarding Jay's belief in him. I fell for the win or else after the gnats, however we all know it'll happen eventually.

(..."I feel like he was one of the guys that really believed in me," said Thompson, notably speaking in past tense as if he knew something the reporters didn't know regarding his coach's future. "(He) wanted me to stay here and be with him through his whole legacy here as a coach."...)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sp...uden-chris-thompson/ttlcrhwsnjwz1dnsoko48v7xh

I saw the video on ESPN. Thompson is a good guy. He's the type of guy you want on your team. Gruden is a terrible head coach, but Thompson is going to fight for his head coach regardless. I would expect whoever the next coach is, Thompson will fight for that guy too.

Agree, Thompson at least showing some heart & I respect him for it in a season like this. Things “may” have been somewhat different if Jay fed him the rock about 10 more times too.

Honestly - at this point, I could care less whether a player is 'a good guy'. We need players - big, fast, nasty, overachieving players. Nothing against CT, I don't really view him as a problem. But he's past his prime and isn't the guy he was a few years ago. We need to move on from him among many others.

Waiting to get up tomorrow to see if Gruden is fired is like going to bed as a kid and wondering what everyone got for Christmas 😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

Adam Kilgore recap of Adrian Peterson's comments. Looks like he's not a Gruden fan:

Adrian Peterson, asked about the New England defense, gave his own team a delightful burn.

"They showed a lot of exotic stuff on film. But against us, they didn't really. You know? It was like, hey, we'll sit back here and see what you guys do, allow you guys to mess up."

Honestly - at this point, I could care less whether a player is 'a good guy'. We need players - big, fast, nasty, overachieving players. Nothing against CT, I don't really view him as a problem. But he's past his prime and isn't the guy he was a few years ago. We need to move on from him among many others.

Man dude. that's harsh! I've just been a little busy is all, I'm not THAT far past my prime.

Oh wait...

Well then, with the Loser now part of our long tenure of a sucky past, we at least now get to...…………...try again.

Callahan is the right call to finish the season. Hopefully he'll simplify the running game. Work on 10-15 plays, and practice them until they get it right.
He needs to pair down the passing game to 10-20 basic plays. Using half the terminology that they were, and do the same thing. Repetition, repetition, repetition.

Manusky has to go. Tomsula should get the nod as DC. His linemen love him. And, as they are our best unit, we should keep them happy.
And the philosophy need to change to being aggressive. Over aggressive even.

Trade Pothead Crybaby. Hopefully to a losing team. **** him eternally.
Listen to offers for anyone else. Make any move that makes sense.

Beat Miami!!!

I would move to the 4-3 now.

Kerrigan was a DE in college and has lined up at DE in some packages.

Allen and Payne are the DTs.

Ioannidis could start at the RDE slot initially.

The other option is to put Settle or Matt in at DT and move Allen to DE.

We need to move Anderson to SLB and see if we can resurrect his career.

Holcomb can be the MLB.

Hamilton and Bostic would be WLB candidates.

We could use Sweat as a third down rusher at DE and slowly increase his reps and role with some attention from coaching staff.

The only players really upset about this are the ones way past their primes or the ones who loved Jay's country club take. Chris Thompson, Colt McCoy... the ones who really don't need to be on a roster otherwise.

I like the thought of Kerrigan in the 4-3. it's why I don't want to see him on the trade block. Unless they already know that they're sticking with the 3-4 moving forward.

But an offseason for him to prepare for such a move, as in, put on a few pounds, would be better, IMHO.

However, if the remaining coaches can do the move, in season, without screwing things up worse, then I'm all for it.

For some reason Haslett convinced this team brass that the 3-4 was essential and despite his being fired it has remained unchallenged here.

Belichick has used both the 3-4 and 4-3 to win Super Bowls.

When Wilfork left so did the 3-4.

We have to change to suit personnel or will stay ranked #30 on defense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 4, Members: 1, Guests: 3)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.