• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

The fact remains though that Gruden is still fighting for a 32 year old career backup who can't walk without a limp as one of his 53.

That speaks volumes.

It's amusing to note but I recall even when Kirk was throwing for yardage there were times when Gruden looked exasperated after games because ‘we left a lot out on the field' in re what the offense provided for (according to him).

The contradiction with Gruden is that he is a perfectionist at quarterback while allowing backs, receivers and OL to underperform and keeping them around nonetheless.

So, he is reluctant to take any ‘chances' in getting qbs on the field quickly despite modern wisdom that a qb today starts and learns from starting rather than by sitting on the bench.

This could be for many different reasons.

1) Do we really know that he's "fighting" to keep him on the roster, and that it isn't Bruce? I'm going to assume it's Gruden, but I really have no idea why I'm assuming that. I believe Bruce has final say on the roster.

2) If it is Gruden, is it possible that he feels a little guilt? Is Colt the 2nd or 3rd guy who had his career face severe jeopardy and who went through multiple surgeries last season due to a medical mishap? Guice, Alex Smith and Colt, right? You don't necessarily want your HC thinking in that manner, but certainly it's possible on some subconscious level after the insanity those three guys endured last season.

3) I know that John Keim has said that he (John Keim) would start Colt if healthy. I believe that's because Keenum didn't knock anyone's socks off and because Haskins doesn't look quite ready. With that said, I know Keim isn't a coach.

4) It's also possible that Gruden doesn't want Haskins' career to start on the road in Philly, with no Trent Williams. I think that's pretty smart. Why risk the franchise QB in Philly?

And if injured in Philly, does anyone really feel confident that he'll get good medical care?

Do we lose him for one season? Multiple seasons? No thanks.

Replace the medical staff, evaluate the line in the first game or two to really get a feel for what you're throwing him into, then put him into the game.

Colt is the latest to own the TyPo dossier, it's the only way his guaranteed roster spot makes sense at this point.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">One quote from <a href="https://twitter.com/DeAngeloHall23?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@DeAngeloHall23</a>'s "Hail to the Podcast" I found incredible:<br><br>When asked why the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Redskins?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Redskins</a> have not made more changes to make Trent Williams happy, Hall said: "Bruce told me he asked Trent, 'tell me who to fire and I'll fire them.'" Whoa.</p>— Grant Paulsen (@granthpaulsen) <a href="https://twitter.com/granthpaulsen/status/1168966680783020032?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 3, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

And Trent's answer was supposedly along the lines of: "I don't want no one to lose their job,don't want that on my hands"

If that's all true, Williams is a fruitcake.

I hate to say it, but I'm with El on this one. Don't get me wrong, I'll never not watch my guys play even if they do put garbage on the field, but other than some good talent, this is wash, rinse, repeat for me and I completely understand where he's coming from. How about instead of buying into the hype every single year, we wait until we have a legitimate reason to?

All the talent in the world means nothing if the coach and front office aren't holding up their end of the bargain. That's why great teams have great coaches. How many bums have won a Super Bowl as a coach? It just doesn't happen, no matter how much talent you have, unless you're Barry Switzer, who inherited a dynasty.

Look at our roster in 2000. On paper, we had one of the most talented teams ever put on a field. Look at those great Chargers teams who should have won 3 or 4 Super Bowls. You know what they had in common? Norville. Bum. As far as pure talent, he coached at least 4 or 5 teams that talent-wise were among the top 15-20 greatest ever assembled, and did absolutely nothing with them.

As long as Jay is our coach, it's really, really difficult to have faith. I'm excited as anything just like I am every year. I'm also a realist.

Took a gander of where the NFL experts see the skins are concerning power rankings. Here's a few but they're all relatively close

Bleacher Report 30th
USA today 30th
CBS Sports 28th
ESPN 28th
NFL.com 28th
NBC Sports 25th
Sporting News 30th

Edit: NBC showing us some love!

The Redskins have so many question marks on the roster that I don't think they know how to rank them.

Hope they surprise some folks!

We're jumping up to high teens after Sunday, I gotta feeling

So who do we release if TW comes back? If it's Flowers then Martin steps right in, though it could be Christian dude hasn't been healthy in a minute. Hopefully it's Flowers but between him and Christian it's basically a push imo

Colt McCoy.

This should be filed in the fwiw file (Boone disclaimer) and NOT taken as I or anyone else should believe it.

It's always a "reliable source" in the organization, but someone apparently stated Jay didn't want AP on the roster. Maybe to keep Perine, but Jay would have to be borderline brain damaged to want AP gone, dude was a workhorse last year and a helluva teacher to the young rb's.

https://www.prosportsdaily.com/arti...cut-adrian-peterson-was-overruled-587024.html

Edit: Is Jason Bishop one of the local tools that's always stirring the pot? My bad if so

Last edited:

Congrats, everyone. This is the first thread to have one million views. Awesome!

You know the start of the season is near when the Post starts rolling out Snyder hit pieces this morning....

Not the only one. Czaban took after Snyder/Brudan yesterday as well. One does have to travel much of the distance toward agreement. Just what has the Dan accomplished in twenty years? Nothing.

I thought Czaban sounded like a tool yesterday trying to make the argument that a billionaire who started a communications company in his garage was a shitty businessman. I like Czaban a lot, and so he made some valid points in regards to some failures (failed radio station and theme park ventures) while conveniently ignoring that the Skins franchise is still one of the most valuable sports entities in the world, and has steadily increased in value throughout the Snyder era. It was a cringeworthy position to take.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Czaban would last 5 minutes in New York or Boston.

After winning the Stanley Cup Czaban criticized Ovechkin for not playing in the all-star game while at 33 he was taking a break before the team hit the stretch run.

He doesn't seem to know anything about hockey or baseball. The discussions on the Nationals during drive time are pathetic.

Czaban is only interested in his precious sport of golf and criticizing the Redskins.

That's more than half of his show most days.

I went over to 106.7 a couple of years ago when Cooley left the broadcast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.