• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

So the Redskins are 56-82-1 under Bruce Allen and in response we purge the marketing and sales staff?

Again there won't even be 40,000 fans to watch Allen and Gruden try this experiment once more in 2019.

So the Redskins are 56-82-1 under Bruce Allen and in response we purge the marketing and sales staff?

Again there won't even be 40,000 fans to watch Allen and Gruden try this experiment once more in 2019.

I'm not sure that a W/L record even matters in terms of profitability with teams sharing revenues. When someone buys a Patriots jersey, all of the teams make money.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...releases-21st-annual-nfl-team-valuations/amp/

And this is eye-opening:

And those national television deals are so massive, that it's just about impossible for an owner not to turn huge profits, no matter how often they cry poverty—$244 million goes to each and every NFL team, just for being on TV.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/deadsp...still-making-assloads-of-money-1796875415/amp

If I had a PURGE list, the fecal fans would definitely be on it.

They are rectal orifices...are they not? I remember attending a Monday night game at FEDEX (my last Fedex money in the burn bucket venture) where the fecals crushed the Skins. Fecal fans wanted to pick fights after the game!

Hey! Let's fire everyone NOT responsible for putting a shitty team on the field! BRILLIANT!

Well, if we're not gonna get rid of our amateur hour head coach & company, then we just have to hope and pray Gruden sits on a giant magic horseshoe and gets it permanently lodged up his ass this off season. With a healthy roster, stumbling division opponents, and a bucket full of crazy luck, Gruden could hit the fast ball. I think.

He cannot, ever, hit the curve. Even if you tell him it's coming.

It's Snyder logic.

"Okay... so... Our attendance stinks. I don't have email or social media, so I don't know what all the people are talking about, but it must be because we haven't had a great marketing onslaught put together. I mean, Bruce and Jay have led us to a 7-8 start to the season. That's not bad. We've filled the stands with much worse records. Where's my secretary? I know how to fix this... NANCY!? NANCY WHERE ARE YOU!?"

*takes out his phone and calls Nancy*

"Nancy! It' Dan! Why aren't you at your desk? What do you mean you are? Oh. Right. I'm at my other office. Anyways, can you call Bruce? Tell him I'm proud of him for the team he has assembled and his 56-82-1 record since taking over isn't his fault in any way. And tell him to fire the entire marketing department because the attendance issues are their fault. Jerry keeps calling me and telling me I'm bringing down the league revenue. I can't have that. Best way to fix this is to eliminate the weak link... MARKETING! Good bye, Nancy. And get back to your desk."

Well, if we're not gonna get rid of our amateur hour head coach & company, then we just have to hope and pray Gruden sits on a giant magic horseshoe and gets it permanently lodged up his ass this off season. With a healthy roster, stumbling division opponents, and a bucket full of crazy luck, Gruden could hit the fast ball. I think.

He cannot, ever, hit the curve. Even if you tell him it's coming.

Perhaps we can send Jobu to Redskins Park

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I'll tell ya this. There will be a familiar name back in the building soon. Tata for now. It's fun not covering team for anyone. The stress level is all time low. Stay tuned</p>— Chick Hernandez (@MrChickSports) <a href="https://twitter.com/MrChickSports/status/1078293009677107201?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 27, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If it's Vinny Cerrato...I'm hanging it up.

Why can't Chick just say it? What does he have to lose?

Probably going to be Gibbs in some capacity because Snyder feels that's the best way to get fans to buy into the org.

I will never NOT cheer for Joe Gibbs. But the move would be flat and reek of desperation. His class alone wold be beneficial, so bringing him in can never be bad. But that doesn't mean it's good.

Same ol same ol if that's the plan.

Probably going to be Gibbs in some capacity because Snyder feels that's the best way to get fans to buy into the org.

I will never NOT cheer for Joe Gibbs. But the move would be flat and reek of desperation. His class alone wold be beneficial, so bringing him in can never be bad. But that doesn't mean it's good.

Same ol same ol if that's the plan.

Would Gibbs do it a third time in a row? Especially after his health ultimately was at risk and that was ten years ago. He can't. People in Chick's stream are speculating Casserly... the single most overrated GM this team ever had. Chick would have every right to not be excited. Everyone should feel the same.

El, I'm not so sure GW is a lock to remain in Cleveland, I think he definitely has the upper hand with how the team is playing but they have been the most dysfunctional team when it comes to GM and HC decisions since, well they came back in the league. It wouldn't surprise me that they decided to go a different route.

What did we see out of Reuben Foster in two years in SF that makes him so valuable to Allen and Snyder that he's a such a lightning rod here?

I didn't necessarily have a problem with Foster as a waiver claim but if it hurts my business with my corporate clients and season ticket holders he's not worth it.

It seems clear on one level this team feels forced to make these kinds of moves because of failures on draft day.

This team needs to get younger and faster, quickly if fortunes are to change.

It isn't enough to have your #1 pick come in and contribute, That's expected.

What we don't see here are #6 picks that turn into Antonio Brown.

In the main we don't see #2 picks that come in and start.

For a team that hovers around 7-9 to 9-7 its amazing high picks continue to come in and be redshirted on the inactive list for weeks if not all of their rookie seasons while we continue to trot out replacement level players to start.

It isn't enough to have your #1 pick come in and contribute, That's expected.

What we don't see here are #6 picks that turn into Antonio Brown.

In the main we don't see #2 picks that come in and start.

I meant to touch on this the other day, but forgot. We absolutely need to hit on draft picks like you suggest, especially between rounds 3-6.

What we need as well, is a couple of players on either side of the ball that make other players better. We have no one on this team who pushes the players around them to give more than they normally would, to be better than they can be.

Of course Tom Brady comes to mind, but I won't hold my breath for a QB like him. But Ben Rothlisberger made Brown. Not saying Brown couldn't be successful elsewhere, but Ben pushed him to greatness. And while I think Jiu Jiu could succeed elsewhere, Brown and rothlisberger make him better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.