• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

I just read that people said Incognito was "more black" than Martin. Martin is not a very liked guy apparently. Not even his own teammates are sticking up for him or acting pissed about the racial comments. I even saw where most wouldnt want him back but WOULD want Incognito back.

I cant stand Incognito..but it seems to me that there is something fishy in Dolphin-Town!

Yeah, I think that points to a huge problem with culture of the Miami Dolphins.

hey, you see that guy that we think is emotionally frail respective to being an NFL football player?

go call him racial slurs, threaten to kill him and beat up his mother, and extort money out of him by praying on his fear.

that should turn him into a much better football player.

Here's a good take on it:

Miami Dolphins should have kept Richie Incognito under control - ESPN

Coaches love players like Incognito. They look at guys like Martin, known as soft-spoken and thoughtful while at Stanford, with skepticism. Does he have the killer instinct? Does he care enough? Those questions don't apply to Incognito. Coaches might not want to see him after hours, but they love him on the field. He's indispensable, a tone-setter, the guy who announces your team's presence with a crazed, through-the-whistle style that is prized at every level.

Coaches chuckle among themselves: He might be a horrible human being, but he's our horrible human being. Sociopathic behavior from players at certain positions is not only tolerated but cherished. As long as it stays out of the headlines and the police blotters -- in other words, as long as it's kept in-house -- it provides the kind of toughness you need to compete.

Yes, this is America's game.

Own it. Even now, even after the extent of Incognito's viciousness has been revealed through voice mails and texts to Martin, there are NFL personnel people telling reporters, like Sports Illustrated's Jim Trotter, that it's a man's game and Martin failed to handle it like a man. According to these unnamed men, Martin should have manned up and handled the situation face-to-face, with his fists if necessary.

You know -- like a man.

Seriously, though, did these men's men read the things Incognito reportedly said to Martin? Don't we encourage people not to deal with the deranged, to let the professionals handle it? Does anyone believe Incognito would be cowed by a confrontation?

To blame Martin is to ignore reality and uphold the twisted norms of the misguided subculture that allowed this type of environment to persist and -- dare we say -- thrive. It's also a willful refusal to connect the threat of violence to the reality of our gun-soaked, disrespect-me-and-pay-the-price ethos that has people like Aaron Hernandez sitting in jail.

Martin should be praised for walking away and letting the Dolphins sit amid the fetid steam of Incognito's behavior. Speaking of Martin, Bart Scott told Stephen A. Smith and Ryan Ruocco on ESPN New York, "Thank God he walked away. They've got to be thankful he didn't bring a gun to work."

its very complicated to me. I see everyone's point and can agree with everyone. Me personally, I'd have hit him upside his skull with my helmet while he wasnt looking. But to expect everyone to act like I would isnt realistic.

It IS a man's game..and I want my OL to be mean and nasty. But not racist and bullies.

So I am caught in the middle of it with y hands in the air shrugging my shoulders.

Chicken or the Egg....

The thing is that Martin cannot come out of this situation in a positive light. The other thing Incognito isn't thinkin about, is that both of Martin's parents are attorneys. If they're worth a damn at all, you think they aren't going to go after the NFL and/or Incognito, saying that his actions have eliminated Martin from making his future contracts because his image is now scorn?

its very complicated to me. I see everyone's point and can agree with everyone. Me personally, I'd have hit him upside his skull with my helmet while he wasnt looking. But to expect everyone to act like I would isnt realistic.

It IS a man's game..and I want my OL to be mean and nasty. But not racist and bullies.

So I am caught in the middle of it with y hands in the air shrugging my shoulders.

Heh. I remember when I was in my 20s and I saw A Few Good Men for the first time and I thought "How dare those Marines act like that. How DARE they!"

And then I saw it again in my 30s and I thought "Actually, Jack Nicholson has a point ..."

Now I see it in my 40s and I put my hands in the air and shrug. :)

I've caught it a few times just in the last couple of days. For whatever reason, it seems to be on tv a lot lately.

This isn't the first time I've thought about this, but if the NFL doesn't get with 21st century HR basics sometime soon, they are going to find out the hard way that it's not 1972 anymore. Some if the **** that routinely passes for 'par for the course' in NFL franchise culture would get corporate leaders fired from top to bottom on the real world. How people 'feel' about someone's right to avoid harassment and whether or not one's handling of it makes one a 'pussy' in some eyes is beyond irrelevant in a modern workplace ...

Jonathan Martin checked himself into a hospital after leaving the Miami Dolphins - ESPN

I sent that to a friend, and said that Martin was being a sissy for doing it, but he brought up the same thing someone else brought up here... some people just can't handle that crap (if handle is the right word... not sure anyone should have to handle anything like that), and it's better than him going into the facilities with a gun...

I guess it's just hard to put myself in those shoes. Sure, I went through being bullied growing up but not from a 320 lbs NFL player...

Jonathan Martin checked himself into a hospital after leaving the Miami Dolphins - ESPN

I sent that to a friend, and said that Martin was being a sissy for doing it, but he brought up the same thing someone else brought up here... some people just can't handle that crap (if handle is the right word... not sure anyone should have to handle anything like that), and it's better than him going into the facilities with a gun...

I guess it's just hard to put myself in those shoes. Sure, I went through being bullied growing up but not from a 320 lbs NFL player...

Its a tough subject. I know I cant fully understand it. My initial reaction is to say what you said. That he's being a sissy and he needs to grow up. I personally think he's got a gift that very few people have, and it's not only his ability. What got him to where he is started the day after he was born. His parents are lawyers, which leads me to believe that the lawyer mentality has been driving into his mind from day one. It also means he grew up with a high financial quality of life. He went to Stanford, which puts him either on an intellectual level "above" most guys in the locker room... OR he had strings pulled for him to get him there, so a higher level of hard work may not have been established (he graduated, and i'm SURE Stanford ain't gonna pull strings because of football, but ya never know).

In comes Incognito. He got suspended from Nebraska, transferred to Oregon, then was deemed unfit to play a single down, less then a week after joining the team. After those wonderful displays of character, he's still drafted, and plays in the NFL at a pro bowl level. If you do a quick search of him, his Wiki page (i know you cant believe everything) says he earned "Good Guy Award" (the player most helpful with the media) in 2012, as well as being labeled a Dirty Player. No matter how bad he's messed up, he's always been given a pass somewhere. I'm sure he's got a very distorted idea of how to carry himself.

None of this is at the defense of Incognito... or Martin. I just think this is a perfect storm situation and both of the guys involved are lacking SOMEWHERE here. I dont think we'll ever get the whole story here, but Martin is going to be cast away because he doesn't show a killer mentality. Nobody is going to take a chance on him because, while i'm not saying he was wrong, the fact that he walked away from the team when times might have been bad... they wont be able to trust him.

I doubt that Martin returns to the Dolphins under any circumstance.

I'd like to see him on the right side for our line. Before you dismiss the idea and how he went to a "soft" school like Stanford, he did play for Jim Harbaugh and he is not exactly a cream puff. The Redskins have the right kind of locker room where Martin could fit in and provide the kind of presence that we need at RT. He is a solid RT. I had him in a couple of the BBQ mocks two years ago and liked the character that he displayed at Stanford.

About Incognito. Many of us played FB when we were younger - some in HS and a few in college. We know what the locker room is all about, but each one of us must admit that an Incognito is way over the line whether it be in today's world or at any other time. Making one another a bit tougher is part of the game, but most of us knew where the lines were drawn and how far we could go. I remember the two a days in the heat and humidity. It was hard and you could always count on a few skirmishes - eh, not a big deal. It happens. To harass someone like Incognito is not just over the line, it is a locker room killer. Richie will never play another down in the NFL - bank on it.

Again, if we have a chance to steal Martin, you make the move. OL is a definite need and I am certain that the young product from Stanford would fit in nicely.

I doubt that Martin returns to the Dolphins under any circumstance.

I'd like to see him on the right side for our line. Before you dismiss the idea and how he went to a "soft" school like Stanford, he did play for Jim Harbaugh and he is not exactly a cream puff. The Redskins have the right kind of locker room where Martin could fit in and provide the kind of presence that we need at RT. He is a solid RT. I had him in a couple of the BBQ mocks two years ago and liked the character that he displayed at Stanford.

About Incognito. Many of us played FB when we were younger - some in HS and a few in college. We know what the locker room is all about, but each one of us must admit that an Incognito is way over the line whether it be in today's world or at any other time. Making one another a bit tougher is part of the game, but most of us knew where the lines were drawn and how far we could go. I remember the two a days in the heat and humidity. It was hard and you could always count on a few skirmishes - eh, not a big deal. It happens. To harass someone like Incognito is not just over the line, it is a locker room killer. Richie will never play another down in the NFL - bank on it.

Again, if we have a chance to steal Martin, you make the move. OL is a definite need and I am certain that the young product from Stanford would fit in nicely.

I wasn't meaning to elude that Martin is soft.. You dont get to where he is by being 'soft'.... I more meant he might not be as 'rough and tumble' as a guy like Incognito.

I agree with you... Problem is, you and I are on the outside lookin in. I gotta imagine some of the guys in that locker room would be almost nervous around him. NFL players dont want guys going to war with them to walk away from a problem.. they want them to punch the problem right in the mouth (figuratively of course). Again, i'm speaking purely as a devils advocate here. None of this is supporting either side of it, I'm just trying to be objective with everything. I can see multiple sides of it. I see Martins reaction but I would be a little concerned that he's willing to walk away (I understand it might have been to a level he could not handle anymore, but... I dunno haha). I see Incognito being 'tough' but i feel he went to far, and I see both sides of the other players defending either one..

For those of you asking about D-Hall and that video. Where I sit is where D-Hall almost always approaches the fans after the game. He usually gives a glove or something. Against the Bears he threw his helmet in the stands and then this video. He seems to have really matured.

I did not see it. I saw the brawl but was never informed of the origins.

@Rich_TandlerCSN 2h
Morris had 184 total carries in games 8-16. Of those, 50 or 27.2%, came with the #Redskins holding a lead in the fourth quarter.

JP from the junkies posed the question this morning. If the Redskins could trade Alfred Morris for Adrian Peterson, do you do it?

Personally, I keep Alf. Peterson, who is arguably the best RB to ever play the game, is on the back end of an RBs career, and I don't think he has another 2000 yard season in him. He will still have a few good seasons but history shows 30 is about the end of an NFL Rbs career. They threw a stat that Peterson has already carried the ball 1900 times in the NFL. Morris being a second year guy hasn't even unlocked everything in his arsenal. What do you all think?

Real simple ST. No way that trade happens straight up so I wouldn't do it for the simple reason that AM is an outstanding back and having to give up anything in return for his replacement is unacceptable. This team is so desperate for so many different players that giving up picks doesn't fly for me.

Real simple ST. No way that trade happens straight up so I wouldn't do it for the simple reason that AM is an outstanding back and having to give up anything in return for his replacement is unacceptable. This team is so desperate for so many different players that giving up picks doesn't fly for me.

It wasn't a legit trade option, just a total hypothetical.

The more we hear about the Dolphin saga, the more it looks to be WAY overblown, by people who don't know what they're talking about, but simply can't stop running off at the mouth.

I think Martin has some major emotional issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 4, Members: 2, Guests: 2)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.