• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

San Fran will franchise Garappolo I believe if they can't work a decent deal out, Kirk is going to be the bigger $$$ bet

Took your brother long enough to answer the question of where his brother is from, lol
Starstruck, I suppose.

I don't really live in Greensboro, but in a little rural town 20 miles away - probably figured the guy would have no idea where he was referencing :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't really live in Greensboro, but in a little rural town 20 miles away - probably figured the guy would have no idea where he was referencing :)

We all do that in this area. Pick one of the known cities near our small town and hope people know it. Heck, I use Winston-Salem or Greensboro depending on who is asking.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Pretty amazing stat: The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Redskins?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Redskins</a> have scored more points this season (332) than the Atlanta Falcons (331). So a team led by the reigning MVP QB, arguably the greatest WR of this generation and a top 3 RB duo has scored less points than a team whose best WR has been Ryan Grant.</p>— DC Sports Buzz (@DCSportsBuzzz) <a href="https://twitter.com/DCSportsBuzzz/status/947200726849196033?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 30, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

In all fairness, one of the biggest questions this season has been “WTF is wrong with Atlanta's Offense,” pointing a lot of it to Shanny Jr's departure.

To what extent does losing your offensive coordinator have on your offense the following year? While I suppose it's different for each team, the playbook shouldn't change that much so is it the play calling? Is it the rapport with the QB? A combination of the two? I don't recall Smarmy Brady falling off after losing McDaniels last time so perhaps it's also due to the fact that repeating a Super Bowl appearance is extremely difficult anyway but losing your OC simply magnifies your falloff.

Last edited:
Yeah, all Atlanta has is a shot at the playoffs in week 17.

We have...........stats.

Dilly Dilly!

Yeah, all Atlanta has is a shot at the playoffs in week 17.

We have...........stats.

Dilly Dilly!

Yes, because when 1/4 of your starting roster is on IR, you should be playoff bound with bartenders and dock workers manning those vacated roster spots.

Cute, but inaccurate.

Nary a bartender or stock worker took the field.

And yes, better coaching could have had us in, or playing for, a postseason berth.

The point was, and I know you know this, is that the only stat that matters is winning, and getting into the playoffs. Where anything can happen.
Atlanta got better results, with fewer points. They're alive going into week 17. Our corpse has been festering for weeks.

Do you, or do you not, wish we were in their position this week? It's not rocket science.

So Ax, are you saying that a healthy Jonathan Allen,Trent Williams,Chris Thompson and Jordan Reed- available all season long, wouldn't have made a difference ?

We should be in the playoffs regardless...right? Is that your stance?

Cute, but inaccurate.

Nary a bartender or stock worker took the field.

And yes, better coaching could have had us in, or playing for, a postseason berth.

The point was, and I know you know this, is that the only stat that matters is winning, and getting into the playoffs. Where anything can happen.
Atlanta got better results, with fewer points. They're alive going into week 17. Our corpse has been festering for weeks.

Do you, or do you not, wish we were in their position this week? It's not rocket science.

Of course the only thing that 'matters is winning'. But winning doesn't happen in a vacuum. This isn't 'Rudy'. And while yeah, there may not have been any bartenders out there - we had numerous starters and key backups go down, not just for a week or two, but for the season. Couple that with one of the toughest (if not the outright toughest) schedules of any team in 2017, and 8-8 is an accomplishment.

I get it. With a season ending, it ultimately represents 'failure'. The point is, and I know you know this, these games are won or lost on the field. A win or loss is a culmination of numerous factors beyond whether players or coaches want to win. And it's not just the horrible coach, or the selfish overpaid QB that determines which way it goes. Facts matter.

So Ax, are you saying that a healthy Jonathan Allen,Trent Williams,Chris Thompson and Jordan Reed- available all season long, wouldn't have made a difference ?

We should be in the playoffs regardless...right? Is that your stance?

I'll answer your questions when you answer mine.

Well said Boone. I consider 8-8 to be a decent year considering the circumstances you outlined. I think it speaks to competent coaching and talent evaluation. When you have one to none of your starting lineman on the field and can still eek out a win my hat is off to the coaches. Our quarterback is still upright which I did not expect with the amount of injuries on the O-line.

I understand where Ax is coming from - emotionally. It's so tiresome to watch our season end while other fans get to enjoy the excitement of a playoff run where anything can happen. I'm no different from anyone else. I just think it's one thing to feel that emotional despair and disappointment again, another to look at what adversity the team actually faced this year.

I usually don't give that rag, the Washington Post, free advertising. But this article does a pretty good job of putting it all in context. Tom Boswell has seen it all. And has certainly never taken it easy on the Snyder regime. I think he paints our 2017 season in an accurate light.

I don't think it's an outrageous position to assert that the Skins are on the right track. We're finally safeguarding our precious draft picks and making decent decisions with them. The Redskins will have 11 draft picks this season as it stands right now. This will mark something like the 3rd draft during the Gruden era where we'll have had our full complement of picks. We have a lot of young talent. We have a franchise level QB (at least for another week). We have an improving aggressive defense. We have a kicker who rarely misses. It's not enough. But there are signs that things are moving in the right direction.

Last edited:
I'll answer your questions when you answer mine.

I think you could replace Jay Gruden with any active coach currently in the NFL and given the circumstances here, they would not be in the playoffs.

Even John Wayne died in The Cowboys when he was out manned and out gunned....

So in Ax's world, talent doesn't matter. Just coaching. Got it.

So, let me start at the ending and work my way back.
Facts matter.
Well, of course they do. ALL facts matter. And the fact I was talking about was the one that pointed out how our scoring more points than Atlanta didn't net us the results they got from theirs.
And it's not just the horrible coach, or the selfish overpaid QB that determines which way it goes.
Another indisputable fact. Just like the fact that they ARE contributors. Only the depth of which is in the eyes of the beholder. And you know what my dreamy blues eyes behold in their regard.
I get it. With a season ending, it ultimately represents 'failure'. The point is, and I know you know this, these games are won or lost on the field. A win or loss is a culmination of numerous factors beyond whether players or coaches want to win.
All factually correct. But Gruden has been suspected of quitting on a game or 2, before it's over, in every season he's been here. I'm not going to go searching, but I know the conversation has been touched on by others, besides me, in the past. Add that to his admission of doing so, this season against the Chargers, and it demonstrates a pattern. At least to me, it does. So his "want" to win will forever be in doubt, to me.

As to #8 , my dreamy blue eyes see a guy who has put his own best interests, on the field, ahead of the teams. More so last season than this one. But he has often struck me as playing like a guy fearful of getting hurt and losing his job because of it. Or, afraid to take shots Gruden has been asking him to, for fear of throwing int's and getting benched. (There was a press conference where he said something like, "If I did what Jay wanted me to do all the time I'd have 25 interceptions'. To which Gruden responded, "Yeah, but he'd also have 60 TD's")It's fine to think about that stuff. Except during the game. Winning should be the first concern. I may be wrong, but I don't always get that from him.
And while yeah, there may not have been any bartenders out there - we had numerous starters and key backups go down, not just for a week or two, but for the season. Couple that with one of the toughest (if not the outright toughest) schedules of any team in 2017, and 8-8 is an accomplishment.
That's all fine and good. But then when one considers the previous season, with and easier schedule, and a healthier team, we won 1 more game, choked at home late in the season, and failed to make the playoffs. To assume that a healthy roster this year would have automatically meant a playoff berth, is anything BUT, a fact.
This isn't 'Rudy'
No, it's not. Gruden inspires nothing for me.
But winning doesn't happen in a vacuum.
And in 4 seasons now, it doesn't happen as much as losing. Um, that's a fact too. ;)
Of course the only thing that 'matters is winning'.
Now we're dancing to the same tune.

Let's kick some Giant ass this afternoon.

HAIL!

I think you could replace Jay Gruden with any active coach currently in the NFL and given the circumstances here, they would not be in the playoffs.

Even John Wayne died in The Cowboys when he was out manned and out gunned....

So in Ax's world, talent doesn't matter. Just coaching. Got it.

Well, again you avoided the question. If you want yours answered, you'll have to play fair.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.