• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Graziano: Redskins have no reason to keep Hall

One would think...

LOL

There in lies the problem with cutting Hall.... dammed if we doz, dammed if we don't so to speak.

I've had no stomach for the guy for quite some time now, so I'd love to see him benched, but that still has him ready if there is a drop off with whoever replaces him.

Yeah, in this situation I think he needs to be cut. Did you see the diatribe he laid on the ref? It was underserving to start...littered with F-bomb after F-bomb for something that didn't even look too dirty from the Steelers' receiver on the play. It was a clear cut example of King Baby.

Like some have mentioned, I just don't see any benefit with keeping him around. He is a cancer...cut it off!

Give Crawford the opportunity to learn the hard way, if nothing else you'd be building up a 2nd string CB for next year when/if we get a starter.

Yes, Bernstine would be worse, considering he is on IR.
Or were you speaking of a different player than the one who is on our IR, since our player's name is spelled Bernstine, not Bernstein :)

Oh man, all kinds of fail in my post! Forgot about the injury (and the spelling, apparently), sigh.

Yeah, in this situation I think he needs to be cut. Did you see the diatribe he laid on the ref? It was underserving to start...littered with F-bomb after F-bomb for something that didn't even look too dirty from the Steelers' receiver on the play. It was a clear cut example of King Baby.

Like some have mentioned, I just don't see any benefit with keeping him around. He is a cancer...cut it off!

Give Crawford the opportunity to learn the hard way, if nothing else you'd be building up a 2nd string CB for next year when/if we get a starter.

Yeah...Crawford may be raw, but D Hall was beaten like a rag doll all day Sunday. Roethlispickle had his way with him! I saw one stat was 4/4 for 60 yards, then saw another that said 5 for 7 for 78 or something like that. Either way, Hall couldn't cover a baby with a blanket Sunday, so what the heck are we keeping him around for? Crawford can get beat like that all day, but he doesn't get stupid 30-yard penalties for being an asshat!

D.Hall came out on Lavar and Dukes radio show yesterday and said that the ref was saying hateful stuff to him as well, and that him and some of the other guys are going to be approaching the NFLPA and the commissioner with what they witnessed being said and implied on the field.

Not saying i agree with it, or think he was right, just relaying what he's saying his side of the story is.

D.Hall came out on Lavar and Dukes radio show yesterday and said that the ref was saying hateful stuff to him as well, and that him and some of the other guys are going to be approaching the NFLPA and the commissioner with what they witnessed being said and implied on the field.

Not saying i agree with it, or think he was right, just relaying what he's saying his side of the story is.

This might be a case of the boy who cried wolf. Couple that with his lack of production and I think he should have been released. Meh...he'll play Sunday and make Cam Newton look great!

Newton has had some negative press, has watched the spotlight shift to Griff, I would not be one bit surprised if he has a career game against us Sunday.

You want to know one of the reasons the Redskins don't win?

We have had and continue to have (but fewer than under Cerrato) some stupid ballplayers.

Guys like Hall and Josh Morgan can't control themselves when provoked and cost the tam on the field.

You never see London Fletcher or Chis Cooley do dumb things like this because they have a IQ higher than a walnut.

If a ref says things, so what?

Move on and play the game.

Morgan got provoked into a response from Finnegan even after admitting the staff said all week that was Finnegan's MO to get guys off their game.

When guys get to be 26 or 27 or older and they are still doing these dumb things, it's time to get rid of them.

Because they have shown you who they are and that's not going to change.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

To be fair, Fletcher has gotten Personal foul and Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalties. You may think they weren't correct calls, and that he didn't really commit them, but we did get penalized for it.

I do remember one UC penalty he got that was complete BS, but it still cost us.

To be fair, Fletcher has gotten Personal foul and Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalties. You may think they weren't correct calls, and that he didn't really commit them, but we did get penalized for it.

I do remember one UC penalty he got that was complete BS, but it still cost us.

please tell me you're not comparing Fletcher to Hall...

D.Hall has gotten multiple DEAD BALL personal fouls and unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. There is a HUGE difference between that, and the bogus helmet to helmet penalty Fletcher got flagged for, which happened in the progress of a play, not after the whistle had blown.

I think we should have dumped Hall awhile ago. I also think that when you make an argument you should have your facts straight as to stop any counter-arguments from gaining traction.

As I was saying, I recall multiple penalties Fletcher has received of the 15 yard variety that I thought were bogus. But they still happened. While I think Hall is quite stupid with the way he reacts on a wide variety of situations, we weren't on the field and are lynching him in the court of public opinion. Hence, why I said to be fair.

Anyone else fee like these stupid penalties need to be reconciled with some stiff punishment from the team, and by stiff punishment I mean $ and benchings???? Too many for a team that doesn't play with a mean streak, a chip on its shoulder (insert cliche here.) I mean you gotta play tough before you act tough or else you just have Laron Landry syndrome and you're wasting your time and ours by flexing for absolutely no reason.

Morgan Cost us big (maybe) yet nothing, nothing done about it at all? Hall being ejected toward the end of a game where he took it in the rear all game is like Randy Moss walking to the locker room early....same thing. Someone on the radio said it good yesterday, there's passion, then there's fake passion which more effort is put into than playing your assignment. I believe MeAngelo suffers from the latter.

I think we should have dumped Hall awhile ago. I also think that when you make an argument you should have your facts straight as to stop any counter-arguments from gaining traction.

As I was saying, I recall multiple penalties Fletcher has received of the 15 yard variety that I thought were bogus. But they still happened. While I think Hall is quite stupid with the way he reacts on a wide variety of situations, we weren't on the field and are lynching him in the court of public opinion. Hence, why I said to be fair.

Understood, and maybe i jumped at that, but there is a broad difference in the penalties Fletcher received, they were flagged in the progression of the play. The big one i remember, more recently is the personal foul he took against a sliding QB. That penalty was done between the whistles, which i am a lot more patience for. Fletcher may get 'personal foul' penalties, bogus or not, they are a lot more justifiable then 'unsportsmanlike conduct.'

Hall has taken penalties with after whistle fights, arguments on opposing teams sidelines, and every time i look at the field and see his helmet jawing with someone. He wants to be a leader, he's a veteran, he's one of the longest tenured players on this team and he doesn't have a "C" on his chest, so obviously the people on the outside looking in aren't completely off base.

Understood, and maybe i jumped at that, but there is a broad difference in the penalties Fletcher received, they were flagged in the progression of the play. The big one i remember, more recently is the personal foul he took against a sliding QB. That penalty was done between the whistles, which i am a lot more patience for. Fletcher may get 'personal foul' penalties, bogus or not, they are a lot more justifiable then 'unsportsmanlike conduct.'

Hall has taken penalties with after whistle fights, arguments on opposing teams sidelines, and every time i look at the field and see his helmet jawing with someone. He wants to be a leader, he's a veteran, he's one of the longest tenured players on this team and he doesn't have a "C" on his chest, so obviously the people on the outside looking in aren't completely off base.

No worries. The main one I am remembering is some BS UC penalty for moving the ball or some crap. It was like 3 years ago, and we had bigger problems then. :p

No worries. The main one I am remembering is some BS UC penalty for moving the ball or some crap. It was like 3 years ago, and we had bigger problems then. :p

that one i vaguely remember, but remember nothing more then the fact that it happened. Could tell ya the situation, who we were playing, or anything....

Anyone else fee like these stupid penalties need to be reconciled with some stiff punishment from the team, and by stiff punishment I mean $ and benchings???? Too many for a team that doesn't play with a mean streak, a chip on its shoulder (insert cliche here.) I mean you gotta play tough before you act tough or else you just have Laron Landry syndrome and you're wasting your time and ours by flexing for absolutely no reason.

Morgan Cost us big (maybe) yet nothing, nothing done about it at all? Hall being ejected toward the end of a game where he took it in the rear all game is like Randy Moss walking to the locker room early....same thing. Someone on the radio said it good yesterday, there's passion, then there's fake passion which more effort is put into than playing your assignment. I believe MeAngelo suffers from the latter.

I dont think we should know about the punishment. The leaders in that locker room are the ones that need to handle that nonsense. Hall is getting fined by the league, but beyond that, it's in the hands of the leaders. Those guys did things that cost the team, and i'm sure Morgan got a face-full on the ride home, but monetary penalties arent going to sit with these guys sometimes... but having your brothers come to you and handle it can hold a lot more weight.

London Fletcher leads on this team. DeAngelo Hall does not.

All Hall brings to this team is trash-talking and front-running when the team wins and BS media comments when they don't to cover his own failures.

Fletcher has played in 2 Super Bowls and made the signature play to win the 2000 game by tackling Kevin Dyson in the open field ONE YARD short of the goal line.

He has lead his team in tackling the past 10 years.

Yes, he's 37 and winding down his career. But let's never put his name in the same sentence with Hall.

The Rams missed Fletcher when he left. Nobody has missed Hall when he departed.

TWICE he was cut outright by teams that had given him guaranteed money and those teams just ate the dollars.

That's how little they thought of him.

EVERY player in the NFL I can remember even qbs like John Elway and Brett Favre received unsportsmanship fouls over the course of a 15-18 year NFL career.

Fletcher has as well.

But Hall's fouls are like Josh Morgan's. They don't come as a result of Hall trying to make a play on the field, but rather AFTER THE PLAY jawing at officials or other players.

That is counterproductive to any football or team sport.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.