A Burgundy and Gold Obsession
Game 12 - Philly. No biggie. Just a season in the balance ...

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Disagree Disagree:  0
Post of the Year Post of the Year:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Florida State

Default Fredricksburg.com: Jammal Brown Placed On PUP List With Soreness In Hip

ASHBURN – Jammal Brown experienced soreness in his hip while working out with the Washington Redskins on Wednesday and was placed on the physically-unable-to-perform list to begin training camp, head coach Mike Shanahan said.

Brown, 31, has battled a hip injury for the better part of the past two years. He missed three of the last four games in 2011 with the injury and was asked by Shanahan to remain near Redskins Park during the offseason to work on his flexibility, which he believed would help the right tackle remain in shape.

Seriously? This isn't what I wanted to see today.

Can Kirk Cousins play RT for us?

http://blogs.fredericksburg.com/reds...reness-in-hip/
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Marine Corps Virginia

Yeah - we could really ill afford this. And on the first day of TC??? Unbelievable.
    0 0 0 0

Subscribe to our BGO Mailing List

You ain't bonafide

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Florida State

Quote Originally Posted by Boone View Post
    Yeah - we could really ill afford this. And on the first day of TC??? Unbelievable.
    Not a good sign amigo. But I hope Shanny knew this was a huge risk.

Not trying to make a big point out of this, but this is exactly why so many people were shocked and furious when Shanny went QB in the third. He won't admit it, but I bet he's kicking himself right now.
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Resigning him to a contract extension after his 2010 performance injured was an unnecessary mistake. 5 years and $27M?

We could have spent the money in free agency for someone younger and more athletic.
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Florida State

Note that this is even before contact. What's going to happen when he takes a helmet to that hip a few times? Or when he's landed on and/or twisted?

So we just took a franchise QB, and didn't address the RT position in the draft? That could be a colossal tactical error.
    0 0 0 0

2016 BGO Survivor Champ

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Florida State

We drafted a RT in the 6th round McD5. but I guess that isn't addressing the position since it wasn't early enough in the draft for you?
    0 0 0 0

The more things change...the more they stay the same. It's like deja vu all over again.

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Florida State

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant View Post
    We drafted a RT in the 6th round McD5. but I guess that isn't addressing the position since it wasn't early enough in the draft for you?
    You are right. We did take a tackle in the sixth. And although there isn't a lot of tape on him, I do recall liking what I've read about him. Maybe he can be the answer.

The sixth is late for a starting tackle...but New Orleans has had success with linemen outside of the first two rounds. It still seems risky when talking about protecting the new franchise QB.
    0 0 0 0

2016 BGO Survivor Champ

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Florida State

I agree, I would prefer to have more confidence in our RT going into the season, but if we are stuck with Polumbus at RT for a season, he did a serviceable job toward the end of the season last year.
    0 0 0 0

The more things change...the more they stay the same. It's like deja vu all over again.

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Compton is working on the left side.

It appears the club is going to use Polumbus who at 6'8 and 310 seems more the part of an OT rather than LG in the NFL.

I think the club resigned Brown in part to validate the #3 pick they originally gave up for him in trade.

The problem was that AT THE TIME of his signing the contract he was still not healthy
    0 0 0 0

2016 BGO Survivor Champ

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Florida State

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog's Twin View Post
    Compton is working on the left side.

It appears the club is going to use Polumbus who at 6'8 and 310 seems more the part of an OT rather than LG in the NFL.

I think the club resigned Brown in part to validate the #3 pick they originally gave up for him in trade.

The problem was that AT THE TIME of his signing the contract he was still not healthy

Where are you getting reports that Compton is working out on the left side? Not saying you're wrong, it just contradicts what I have seen.
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Florida State

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant View Post
    Where are you getting reports that Compton is working out on the left side? Not saying you're wrong, it just contradicts what I have seen.
    Mike Jones of the Post tweeted that Shanny said Polumbus and Hurt are splitting time on the right side with Brown out.

Graziano calling Compton a long term project.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...mal-browns-hip
    Last edited by McD5; 07-26-12 at 09:54 PM.
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boone View Post
    True, but wouldn't you say it's far better for it to happen this early, as opposed to later, which gives his replacement more reps at the starting position, and/or the staff more time to look for a replacement elsewhere ?
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Florida State

Quote Originally Posted by Fear The Spear View Post
    True, but wouldn't you say it's far better for it to happen this early, as opposed to later, which gives his replacement more reps at the starting position, and/or the staff more time to look for a replacement elsewhere ?
    This is a good point. We really need to beef up that line though.

Brown cost us a third. Teams don't give tackles away.
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've been keeping my fingers crossed about Brown all offseason. Clearly I should have crossed my toes too. This is officially my very first (Bernie Mac) "SUMMAMABITCH!" for this season.
    0 0 0 0

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” --Thomas Paine

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Florida Atlantic

Training camp PUP is different from regular season, from what I understand. He can be reactivated at any time. If he's on the PUP to startthe season, then we have to be concerned, as he had to miss the first 6 weeks.
    Posted via BGO Mobile Device
    0 0 0 0

2016 BGO Survivor Champ

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Florida State

Quote Originally Posted by Lanky Livingston View Post
    Training camp PUP is different from regular season, from what I understand. He can be reactivated at any time. If he's on the PUP to startthe season, then we have to be concerned, as he had to miss the first 6 weeks.
    Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Yeah, I understand the PUP list difference, but his inability to withstand drills when he was supposed to be coming in healthy does not bode well when he has to go full on contact. I think his days here are over.
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I don't think you can expect Compton who played against lesser competition in college to come in here and be more than an emergency fill-in if he makes the final roster.

Doc Walker seems to like Willie Smith as a ong-term answer at RT and added that he was the most athletic OT on the team after TW.
    0 0 0 0

2016 BGO Survivor Champ

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Florida State

I think they moved Willie Smith for that reason Bulldog. I am not expecting "great" things from Compton but he played well against Jarvis Jenkins. Like Lanky said they may have been telling Jenkins to hold back a little and he is probably rusty as you suggested. If Compton can back up TW at LT and Polumbus and Smith go into the season at RT, I am not too concerned. I liked Willie Smith's performance last year when he filled in for TW. Did you see how he performed against the Giants in the 2nd game against them last year?
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

One thing that really hurt the Redskins last year was that they did bring in a veteran swing tackle, Sean Locklear, as insurance off the bench. The problem was Locklear, who had started 76 games in the NFL, was completely done. He had nothing left in the tank and looked like a turnstyle out there on the field, a speed bump for pass rushers.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Virginia

How many days until Master Yoga is released with an injury settlement? I say he is gone by Friday.
    0 0 0 0

The simplicity in me is complicated.
    I live in my own little world, but that's ok. They know me here.
    Redskins Fan - Emeritus