• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Fredricksburg.com: Jammal Brown Placed On PUP List With Soreness In Hip

the trouble is the Redskins just gave him a $9M check and his cap hit may accelerate if we release him this year - I am not sure about that but it could be a concern.

as I have said before, resigning Brown at 5 years and $27M was a mistake. he was in fact injured when we signed him to the extension.

the trouble is the Redskins just gave him a $9M check and his cap hit may accelerate if we release him this year - I am not sure about that but it could be a concern.

as I have said before, resigning Brown at 5 years and $27M was a mistake. he was in fact injured when we signed him to the extension.

I found this article, which is saying the hit for 2012 would be 4.55 million.

Jammal Brown's 2012 cap hit is $4.55 million

Graziano saw Redskins practice today. He made a few comments......

RG3 looks athletic.....but definitely looks like a rookie. And then this one, to get the stomach acids churning:

I think very. RT @UVApolitics87: @espn_nfceast How concerned should we really be about the O-Line? Is it panic time already?

And another......

Fine. And no. RT @RichRBruno: @espn_nfceast How did J Jenkins look coming off of the injury? Did Oline reserves hold their own at RT and G?

Last edited:
Last preseason, it was pretty obvious to anyone who had ever seen Beck play before that he was a joke. And that regardless of whatever Shanahan said, that Beck was going to be a disaster.

This year, it appears we need O-line help, and quickly.

And even if the starters are mediocre, what if they get hurt? I swear if RG3 gets a serious injury because the coaching staff doesn't acknowledge that we need O-line help....I will go crazy.

Cooley+Terrence Austin+ another WR prospect for a lineman anyone?

I was digging around for various views and comments on practice from multiple observers and came up with a few comments I thought notable. I've grouped them by relevance to particular phases of the game as well as by observer. I'll put links to the articles at the end of this post.

From Rich Tandler:

—Brian Orakpo again dominated in 11 on 11, on more than one occasion he was in RG3’s face before the QB could even set his feet after dropping back.

—Ryan Kerrigan just dominated Tyler Polumbus for a stretch of several plays. Think a kid with a rag doll or King Kong with Fay Wray.

We may have a monstrous dynamic duo at OLB or our OL truly is scary bad...or a combination of both. The injuries are starting to worry me there.

Adding a little context to Graziano's comment on RG3:

"Of course, what you want to know is how he looked while actually practicing. My first impression was that he looked like a rookie -- a beat too slow with his decision-making in some key spots and a little bit off with throws in part as a result of that. This is what you'd expect a rookie quarterback to look like less than one week into his first training camp, and so there's no reason to be overly concerned about it. He throws a great-looking ball, obviously, and when he runs with it he looks fantastic. The issue is getting used to the speed of the NFL game. He's got plenty of time for that, and to hear him tell it, he's got help from his teammates on the defensive side of the ball. "

I thought this might be a large part of the difficulties Robert is having this early on. Getting used to the dramatic difference between the speed of the game in the NFL versus the college game is a well known tough hurdle for any rook. Of course some fans seemed to expect RG3 to look like Rodgers or Brees within a week or two and I'll dismiss most really unfavorable comments about Griff this early as the result of "WTF?" expectations.

Another from Graziano about Royster:

"Evan Royster looks very good in the competition at running back. Tim Hightower sat out team drills because of his recovery from his knee injury, so Royster, Roy Helu and Alfred Morris got the reps. Royster made one excellent leaping one-handed catch, and skittered through the defense for a big gain on another play"

I re-watched some highlight vids of Royster breaking tackles aginst the Iggles and Vikes from last season-he may wind up beating out Helu as #1 RB, IMO.

Returning to the OL, Licht and Goff's injuries do worry me, I'll not try to hide it. I'd like to think the reports about our DL are harbingers of great play to come but I'm going to reserve that for play against a opponent with a healthy OL.

Jst one more from Graziano:

"London Fletcher intercepted a pass and ran it back for a touchdown. Just the way he's done it since the time of leather helmets. Seriously, that guy doesn't age."

Yeah, we know. London is in a class by himself.

Article links:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/60827/impressions-from-redskins-practice

http://www.realredskins.com/rich-tandlers-real-redsk/2012/07/practice-report-o-line-shuffle-continues.html

http://dcprosportsreport.com/2012/07/30/skins-injuries-piling-up/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+http%2Fwwwdcprosportsreportcom%2Ffeed+%28DC+Pro+Sports+Report+feed%29

Rumor only, unconfirmed by my own eyes.

But Twitter is ablaze with reports claiming that ESPN just reported that he is done for the year.

In some ways, not needing surgery is the worst case scenario. It's that unfortunate grey area where he's not completely healthy to truly count on him yet not quite that hurt to comfortably cut your losses

In some ways, not needing surgery is the worst case scenario. It's that unfortunate grey area where he's not completely healthy to truly count on him yet not quite that hurt to comfortably cut your losses

Good point - we all breathed a sigh of relief when Landry wasn't going to have surgery, and look how that turned out...

After posting I also read elsewhere that he's going to the doctor to get the other hip checked out...oy vey...

I really hope that within the next 2 or 3 years the NFL Network will remove this guy's platform once and for all. He is the biggest hack I have ever seen who is rarely correct when he "breaks the news"! At least Florio knows what he does!

@JasonLaCanfora
Skins RT Jammal Brown's injury not serious. No surgery. Rest and rehab. No exact return date scheduled but not season threatening.

Umm...a player who injured the same hip that has kept him out of the lineup for more than half of the games for the past 2 seasons, has injured that same hip again and he's trying to tell us it is not "season threatening"? His inside source must laugh at him every time he feeds this guy info!

If there is a football God out there, he will make Jason LaConfora go away!

Considering these two tweets that just showed up, I wonder about LaCanfora myself.

"Russellmania980 (TV / Radio Personality) In my conversation w/JBrown mentioned on @espnradio980 , he said he is still in quite a bit of pain, not moving well. Sounded very concerned"

"ESPNRadio980 (TV / Radio Network) Just got off phone w/ Jammal Brown, he is still in NY, says he has not even met with Doctor to discuss, says "something is wrong w/my hip."

Because no one saw this coming. Sigh... Nick

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.