• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Let's Get Back Into Second Round

I'd pass on Jenkins even in the 3rd or 4th rounds. Character, gentlemen, character. I don't want the block heads we have now, much less any new ones.

Don't think the Boys will even get much for Jenkins.

That's true - Wonder if they would take our 6th or 7th for him. I'd do that deal.

A few hours to go until day two and our third round selection (or trade - down, hehe).

I'd pass on Jenkins even in the 3rd or 4th rounds. Character, gentlemen, character. I don't want the block heads we have now, much less any new ones.

I'm assuming you mean Janoris, not Mike. We introduced a second Jenkins into the mix in the last few posts. ;)

As I predicted in the competition, I think we trade down and grab Juron Criner out of Arizona. He's one of the main reasons Brock Osweiler is getting attention - bailed him out plenty of times. With Criner & Hankerson and the threat of RGIII running, our red zone O woes would be solved.

Criner would be a dang good choice, especially if we could trade down a bit in the 3rd and get him.

Still have this funny feeling about Turbin, but he could go earlier than the 'Skins think. Ballard would be a target then and a better fit imho.

Last edited:
Just saw Mike Shanahan on NFL Network. They asked him if they might see him before our scheduled 3rd round pick. In his usual coachspeak, he said "Sure, we could possibly move up.....or we could possibly move back. It depends on who's there". Sounds like they have a few targets, including those they might be willing to move up to get.

They asked him what areas he might be looking at and he naturally has a little trouble with his earpiece. :laugh: He went on to mention the LB spot and said, "you're always looking for corner depth". He also mentioned O-Line and WR. The one spot he DIDN'T mention was RB even though many of us think he'll draft one. I wonder if he excluded that position on purpose to throw off suspicion that he has his eye on someone. I might be reading too much into it but it also could be telling.

Just saw Mike Shanahan on NFL Network. They asked him if they might see him before our scheduled 3rd round pick. In his usual coachspeak, he said "Sure, we could possibly move up.....or we could possibly move back. It depends on who's there". Sounds like they have a few targets, including those they might be willing to move up to get.

They asked him what areas he might be looking at and he naturally has a little trouble with his earpiece. :laugh: He went on to mention the LB spot and said, "you're always looking for corner depth". He also mentioned O-Line and WR. The one spot he DIDN'T mention was RB even though many of us think he'll draft one. I wonder if he excluded that position on purpose to throw off suspicion that he has his eye on someone. I might be reading too much into it but it also could be telling.

This tells me that they have a possible deal or two tentatively in place to move back if things work out accordingly.

Disclaimer: This is not based on any "insider" info. In studying for the mock drafts since just after Christmas, I have taken a lot of Coach Shanahan's quotes over the years and made some comparisons. There are many times when he mentions two scenarios and you must look closely at what he is trying to imply. He may not be the best poker player around, but he could hold is own.

I loved this idea when I first proposed it a few weeks ago. ;)

Its a win-win, get rid of a problem-child CB and move back into the 2nd round. I'd love to see them jump back in early enough to grab Janoris Jenkis...
Go back and see, I was for a trade up into the 2nd for Bobby Massie before you "proposed" it. :)

Oh and Bulldog, who is this Cordy you speak of? ;)

Edit: And I am not sure why someone would want to trade for D-Hall and our 3rd when they could just have Janoris Jenkins themselves. I know if I were a GM, the prospect of a 3rd round pick coupled with Hall does not sound as attractive as simply taking the younger player with more potential unless it's a team who is in the hunt to win it all. Even then, Jenkins is 1st round talent.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, we know. The water's cold.

That's fine and all. But according to Henry, it's mighty deep too :)

Rams kick off the evening with a "Are you kidding me?" choice.

Colts continue to draft Stanford University with an option for their cheerleaders as well.

I want offensive linemen.....have to protect our investment.

But I won't complain if I hear Rainey's name called either.

Janoris, Rainey. Let's get rid of our problem children and take on new problem children! Oh the irony. :)

But in all fairness, you have stuck by Rainey for a few weeks now.

The way teams have been reaching on some of these guys somebody really good might make it to the later stages of the second. If Martin or Sulatolu are somehow there at say the 20th pick of the second round I'd pull the trigger in a heartbeat.

Both are quickly gone - you jinxed it, lol.

Janoris gone too.

Wow that Stephen Hill is fast.

4.3 forty. That's D. Green, Deion speed. And 6'4?

Last edited:
Eagles getting a lot of "love" in Radio Music City Hall. ROFLMBO!

Chicago is bringing in some receivers for Cutler. They need it.

Kendricks to the Eagles is a good counter to RG3's speed, maybe a better counter than Caliborne.

FYI thing while we watch the draft...

Mark The Homer is in the hospital and had his appendix removed. He must hate missing the DDP tomorrow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.