• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins FA Signings Thread

Redskins have made the Garçon & Morgan signings official, still no word on Royal.

If Royal's agent waited until 11:59 to shop our offer to other teams, I wouldn't go back and sign him now.

Don't like doing business that way.

If Royal wants to bargain us against Cleveland or the Jets, let either one have him.

unless I have the story wrong the Redskins and Royal's agent had agreed to the term and the guarantees and then Royal's agent started to get calls from other teams and then backed off.

if that's the case, I would let him go and play with Falaccio.

Never liked contract shoppers.

If you want the dollars and negotiate then sit down and do it. Or leave the building. No BS.

The suckers waiting for Manning to make up his mind after his shuttle diplomacy are in likewise bad shape. None of the teams has done ANYTHING in free agency and all look to be a bit handicapped in their planning because their savior hasn't chosen the crown he wants to wear.

BT - we will be looking at another BT in the draft, Brandon Taylor. Safety will be fine by TC.
That's worrisome to me since I feel like BT will require our 3rd round pick.

We need to use our 3rd rounder on a RT.

Show the data that says certain positions can only be drafted in certain rounds. Some people put way too much stock in what round a guy gets drafted in. The reality is it doesn't have zilch to do with the quality of a players career. Only his first contract.

unless I have the story wrong the Redskins and Royal's agent had agreed to the term and the guarantees and then Royal's agent started to get calls from other teams and then backed off.

if that's the case, I would let him go and play with Falaccio.

Never liked contract shoppers.

If you want the dollars and negotiate then sit down and do it. Or leave the building. No BS.

The suckers waiting for Manning to make up his mind after his shuttle diplomacy are in likewise bad shape. None of the teams has done ANYTHING in free agency and all look to be a bit handicapped in their planning because their savior hasn't chosen the crown he wants to wear.

I would tend to agree with you.

Either Eddie Royal signs here or he doesn't. He's not exactly the calibre of player worth a lot of hand wringing.

Frankly, I'd like to hear about us wining a dining a few offensive linemen? I realize we can't address everything at once, but I would think OL would be near the top of our priorities list, especially if we are making a serious attempt to improve our offense this year.

I would tend to agree with you.

Either Eddie Royal signs here or he doesn't. He's not exactly the calibre of player worth a lot of hand wringing.

Frankly, I'd like to hear about us wining a dining a few offensive linemen? I realize we can't address everything at once, but I would think OL would be near the top of our priorities list, especially if we are making a serious attempt to improve our offense this year.

I agree. In fact, I'd have like us to forego a WR and have spent some of that FA cash on an OL. I like picking up Garcon, but I think we have plenty of talent at WR, at least to the degree that it's not as pressing a need as some OL help. Like I said - if we ever went all OL in a draft for a year, I might be okay with that :)

Okay LL - explain hour sig to those of us too stupid to figure it out on our own :)

Not getting ER wouldn't hurt my feelings.

Seeing us not use that cap space on addressing OL, CB and S might though.

You can't write Garçon without LL's sig, brother Boone.

Or I guess you could, but it'd be harder. :)

You can't write Garçon without LL's sig, brother Boone.

Or I guess you could, but it'd be harder. :)

I swear, I'm going to go have my 2nd cup of coffee and maybe I'll get it then. You guys must simply be too clever for me. But then, we've suspected this for years...

Amazing. Royal comes here for a shot to compete for a decent role in this offense and instead seems likely to chose being a #4 depth player for the Chargers, a team that each season seems to lose one or two more of the great athletes that made their team good over the past 5-6 years.

Hold down the Alt key and type 0231 and you'll get the "c" with the little pigtail... ç

Coolness. :)

Just hit Alt and those numbers...see what happens.

About Royal, Garcon, and Morgan...

These are players who have a good YAC average. Each player tries to take it to the house on each play or get those few extra yards with maximum effort.

Players like Portis started to end the play early in recent years and that spread to Moss and others.

Got it. Doesn't work for me, but I got it :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.