• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins FA Signings Thread

I called Mario Manningham as our "big name" WR. I'm happy to be wrong. Garcon is an outstanding addition. Painter and Orlovsky. lol. Good call, Lank.

I'm also thrilled to have AC94 back. That's a much bigger re-sign than those who don't follow this team like we do may realize.

Do we suddenly have the fastest receiving corps in the NFL top-to-bottom? We're definitely in the hunt.

Can't see how Moss or Stallworth last the week.

Gaffney at 31 has some trade value as a possession receiver although the time to deal him may come in camp when another team has an injury at the position.

Perhaps a #6 pick.

I think Banks is done if Royal is here. Ditto for Terrence Austin.

Again, Hankerson and Paul are really the only ones that make sense cap wise and in terms of special teams (coverage).

Best part about Carriker is that we stole him from the Rams for a swap of 5th round picks. One of Allen's many victories, often overlooked when he's getting criticism about Haynesworth & McNabb.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Allen shouldn't get any criticism about Haynesworth. Snyder and Cerrato signed him to that ridiculous contract and it was Shanahan that insisted on teaching Haynesworth a lesson after taking the bonus dollars.

We should have cut that lard butt in that first offseason, taken the cap hit in a year when the team was going to be rebuilding anyway, and that would have been it. Or we could have traded him back to the Titans for a #3 pick, which ended up being a better deal than he one we got from NE almost 2 years later.

I don't think you step up and pay Morgan and Royal that kind of per season money on a short-term deal (2 years) only to sit them on the bench as the #3 or #4 receiver at age 25.

No, I don't see a role for Moss in 2012. He was sort of a compromise last year when the team concentrated dollars on rebuilding the defense.

But I never got the feeling that Shanahan was in love with his game at age 32.

The injury problems only exacerbated those feelings at Redskins Park IMO.

What's that old saying about it being better to get rid of a guy a year too early than a year too late?

I think Moss can move on to another team that will use him as a #3 on spread packages and will extend his career another couple of seasons.

But that team will have an established #1 and #2.

How about the Lions? Moss always seemed to like playing inside and put up solid numbers in dome stadiums.

Playing with Calvin Johnson and Burleson, Moss would get favorable coverages.

Allen shouldn't get any criticism about Haynesworth. Snyder and Cerrato signed him to that ridiculous contract and it was Shanahan that insisted on teaching Haynesworth a lesson after taking the bonus dollars.

We should have cut that lard butt in that first offseason, taken the cap hit in a year when the team was going to be rebuilding anyway, and that would have been it. Or we could have traded him back to the Titans for a #3 pick, which ended up being a better deal than he one we got from NE almost 2 years later.

I think Lanky is talking about the lost 3rd round pick we could have received from Tennessee.

I like the WR signings. We are getting guys not just out of college or ready for their walking frames. We are getting guys who have found their feet in the league and ready to make us fly.

Still worried we have not re-signed Fletcher

Still worried we have no starting safties.

Call me worried from Scotland, but I do have hope and faith we will fill the voids.

Morgan and Garcon are that both 26 years old. If they get Eddie Royal he is about the same age. Three great signings. I would think at least one OL is on the way and also a safety.

Careful with Merriweather. Like Marshall he has significant baggage.

I agree the non-signing of Fletcher has me concerned. His leadership on and off the field can't be underestimated.

My concern is someone like Giants or Eagles make a hard run to sign him.

I'd like to see us address our OL, and back seven, but two of our biggest holes last year were QB and WR, and one day into FA both of those have been addressed. This is a good start.

Agreed. If we get some decent to good QB/Receiver play, the line will be better by default. I'm sure we'll address it yet.

Safety has been a boil on this team for years it seems.

Most clubs are able to find at least adequate safeties in the draft or veteran free agency.

Many are able to find solid performers.

Not the Redskins.

Drafting high with Landry failed. Drafting low with Moore, Horton and others has failed. Signing free agents in the past such as Atogwe has failed as well.

Call me damn tired of the whole thing.

Going back over it Haslett should have known through his contacts in the NFL that Atogwe was damaged goods coming out of the 2010 season in STL.

No doubt one of the reasons the Redskins signed him was that Haslett vouched for him.

But that was based on how he played in 2007 and 2008 not more recently.

He got injured here, not in St. Louis. Played 16 games in 2010 for the Rams.

BT - we will be looking at another BT in the draft, Brandon Taylor. Safety will be fine by TC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.