• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Should Trade for Orton

Granting that, is Orton the answer? We all can agree, and have agreed that Reck ain't the answer, so is Orton a significant enough upgrade to get us to the promised land at some point? Or will we be treading water at a slightly higher level with Orton than we are with Reck?

Orton had a bunch of good numbers in the McDaniels offense last year. How'd he look in the new offense this year? No. No. Hell No. I don't know jack about Matt Flynn so I can't comment, but I've seen the Kyle Orton show in Chicago and in Denver. He's Rex Grossman all over again. I don't know what the answer is, but if we don't do anything before the trade deadline I fee that itself is a move in the right direction. Let Grossman be the backup and see what Beck can do. Anything more than that is rushing to judgement. We know Beck and Grossman aren't the long term answer but they are the 2011 answer whether you like it or not.

the irony about that question is the fact Grossman didn't do ANYTHING he hasn't done over the past 6-7 years in the NFL :laugh: :laugh:

Rex, lovable ole Rex, is what he is. A guy that sprays the ball around the field like a machine gun. Some bullets hit the mark, some don't and some are caught by the other side and returned for a pick six.

In re the comment about the 'Orton Show' - really?

You looked at his stats the past 2 years and saw the games and really thought his performances mirror what you see out of Rex Grossman?

If so, you are the only person I can recall having this conversation with that said the two players were equivalent.

If we never address the O Line, I don't care if you get a reborn Joe Montana in here, they aren't going to suceed. And honestly, is Orton any better than Grossman? I think I'd rather save the picks and see if we can do something with them in the draft next year

Yes. Orton is a lot better than Grossman.

I don't agree FTS. Orton has had several very solid years. He has had a tough start to 2011 (on a bad team with new coaches), but that doesn't erase the previous year's efforts. Tebow is starting because they used a first rounder on him and the fanbase was revolting.

I'm not going to argue we *should* trade for Orton, but I said last off season that we *should've* traded for Orton.

Orton is no huge upgrade over Grossman. We would be sacrificing valuable draft picks for another sub par QB.

I agree with Kevin, stop trying to Vinny Cerrato-fy this rebuild!

And Boone, 7-9 or 6-10 where this team will likely end up will be in position to draft a franchise QB.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I cant believe some of you are still advocating trading away draft picks for older players. Its like the last decade never happened.

I cant believe some of you are still advocating trading away draft picks for older players. Its like the last decade never happened.

Especially after crucifying Cerrato for the same thing.

No - they won't. They'll be in position to draft a QB, probably the 3rd or 4th one chosen (if we're lucky). We've drafted there before. It got us Ramsey and Campbell, remember?

Look - it is what it is. But drafting a QB is a crap-shoot no matter where you're picking. I have very little faith in a Redskins front office, ANY Redskins front office, to find a gem of a kid outside of the first 2 drafted or so. Sorry.

Finding a QB is one big dilemma for the Redskins. I hope they have a plan. I'll be happy to watch Beck for awhile, but if they really thought he was ever going to be the guy, he'd have been able to beat out Rex frigging Grossman coming into this season.

Orton is relatively young, competent, coachable, and better than you guys are giving him credit for. We should have given up picks to get him in the off-season.

No to Orton. No, no, no, and million times no.

It won't take too much to move up in the draft and select a QB like Landry Jones. Get a couple of OL in the draft. Sign a FA or two for OL. In the later rounds, you can find a good TE and the best overall FB.

I'll be happy to watch Beck for awhile, but if they really thought he was ever going to be the guy, he'd have been able to beat out Rex frigging Grossman coming into this season.

It's not like Grossman was a clear-cut winner of that competition.
It was too close to call, and you could make a good case for Beck winning that.

I hear what you're saying, Boone, but this years QB class is more 83 than 2002 or 2005.

Can we PLEASE stop with the 'draft picks aren't guarantees so we dont need them' talk? Last year we brought in a six time pro-bowl, franchise QB and, just to jog a few memories, he wasn't a guarantee either.

No thank you to Orton. No thank you. No no no goddam thank you.

Hell ****ing yes Im willing to wait for a QB of our own to develop. Keep drafting like we just did this year, brimg in lots of young guys, including the QB, and let them develop together. Its been five effing games. Lets not panic and start trading picks because it hasnt all been fixed overnight. We of all fans should know by now 'overnight' is a pipe-dream.

I swear to the Football Gods ... I will find a way to reach through the internet and slap some of you if I have to.

Giving up picks for a Landry Jones or Andrew Luck is okay; giving them up for a never-was like Orton is just silly.

Can we PLEASE stop with the 'draft picks aren't guarantees so we dont need them' talk? Last year we brought in a six time pro-bowl, franchise QB and, just to jog a few memories, he wasn't a guarantee either.

No thank you to Orton. No thank you. No no no goddam thank you.

Hell ****ing yes Im willing to wait for a QB of our own to develop. Keep drafting like we just did this year, brimg in lots of young guys, including the QB, and let them develop together. Its been five effing games. Lets not panic and start trading picks because it hasnt all been fixed overnight. We of all fans should know by now 'overnight' is a pipe-dream.

I swear to the Football Gods ... I will find a way to reach through the internet and slap some of you if I have to.

Post of the year (....so far).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.