• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Should Trade for Orton

I'm still a little bit shell shocked that people want to move picks for Orton as well. I don't care what pick it is.

We actually probably will have the ability to trade back and STILL grab "our" guy. Why? I don't think the "top" guys, outside of Luck or Griffin in the draft, are "our" guys. Landry Jones and Matt Barkley aren't great fits for our system. I lthink Ryan Tannehill fits better. If we can trade back and acquire more draft choices, that would allow us to have a pretty awesome draft.

We could get one of the top ILBs (Hightower, Kuechly, Te'O), a QB (Tannehill), guard help, and tackle help. And besides all of that, we may be able to get a young quarterback, who has the intangibles in Matt Flynn from Green Bay as he's a free agent. Why would you give up a draft pick for a mediocre QB. Who cares if he's slightly better than Grossman? Where does that put us? Slightly better than below average? He's not the QB we need (meaning Orton). We need to develop someone... Whether it's Andrew Luck (it won't be) or Ryan Tannehill (college senior who has the tools but is a developmental guy), or Kellen Moore (the epitome of a hard working leader). Heck, Matt Flynn is still a young guy. He'll be 27 next year.

Can we PLEASE stop with the 'draft picks aren't guarantees so we dont need them' talk? Last year we brought in a six time pro-bowl, franchise QB and, just to jog a few memories, he wasn't a guarantee either.

No thank you to Orton. No thank you. No no no goddam thank you.

Hell ****ing yes Im willing to wait for a QB of our own to develop. Keep drafting like we just did this year, brimg in lots of young guys, including the QB, and let them develop together. Its been five effing games. Lets not panic and start trading picks because it hasnt all been fixed overnight. We of all fans should know by now 'overnight' is a pipe-dream.

I swear to the Football Gods ... I will find a way to reach through the internet and slap some of you if I have to.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

I cant believe some of you are still advocating trading away draft picks for older players.

Can we PLEASE stop with the 'draft picks aren't guarantees so we dont need them' talk?

What's with the "you guys" attitude ??? I'm counting only one person in this entire thread, that's truly advocating a trade for Orton at this point in time :laugh:

I try not to single people out when I rant. :)

If they did something this stupid, that would pretty much be the end for me.

What Redskins gear/memorabilia I have...you guys could have.

People need to understand this team is still 2 very good offseasons (draft and FA) away from being a serious contender.

A few potential wild cards- what if the Rams get the number 1 overall pick and hire a new staff? Do they pick Luck and trade Bradford?

What if Chicago gets a new staff? Would you trade a 3rd for a 28 year old Jay Cutler who had success with Shanny?

Long way to go till draft time. But today this team showed that it is who we thought they were

People need to understand this team is still 2 very good offseasons (draft and FA) away from being a serious contender.

A few potential wild cards- what if the Rams get the number 1 overall pick and hire a new staff? Do they pick Luck and trade Bradford?

What if Chicago gets a new staff? Would you trade a 3rd for a 28 year old Jay Cutler who had success with Shanny?

Long way to go till draft time. But today this team showed that it is who we thought they were

Cutler never had that much success under shany

Orton is a lateral move. There will be no significant improvement whatsoever. QBs are expensive if you want one really badly from another team. Look at Charlie Whitehurst.

If you mean posting one of the more exceptional seasons a Shanahan QB has had and piloting one of the best "forgotten" offenses ever is not success, then I do not know what is. He has been a typically efficient QB --YPA is around 7.5-- even with Chicago's crappy oline. He would flourish with even a merely solid OL and WRs.

We could get one of the top ILBs (Hightower, Kuechly, Te'O), a QB (Tannehill), guard help, and tackle help. And besides all of that, we may be able to get a young quarterback, who has the intangibles in Matt Flynn from Green Bay as he's a free agent. Why would you give up a draft pick for a mediocre QB. Who cares if he's slightly better than Grossman? Where does that put us? Slightly better than below average? He's not the QB we need (meaning Orton). We need to develop someone... Whether it's Andrew Luck (it won't be) or Ryan Tannehill (college senior who has the tools but is a developmental guy), or Kellen Moore (the epitome of a hard working leader). Heck, Matt Flynn is still a young guy. He'll be 27 next year.

KDawg, just curious, where are Moore and Tannehill projected to be drafted now? I realize that a lot can change between now and April, just wondering.

Put down the crack pipe.

No, to Orton.

If he doesn't get hurt, you ride the rest of the season with Beck. That way you know if we have a guy that can run things until our drafted QB, whoever he is, is ready to go.

If not, we'll need a vet to start, another vet to back up, AND a young drafted QB.

Even if Beck has a Grossman-like performance or two, you can hang it on his lack of experience.

There will be vets available during the offseason, and we won't have to give up picks for them.

KDawg, just curious, where are Moore and Tannehill projected to be drafted now? I realize that a lot can change between now and April, just wondering.

I believe Tannehill is project around the second round and Moore is projected as a fifth or later.

If Griffin doesn't declare, Tannehill may pass up Barkley/Jones via combine and workouts, in my opinion. He's raw, but he's got a ton of talent. If Barkley/Jones/Griffin don't declare, Tannehill is likely the second QB on the board.

If you mean posting one of the more exceptional seasons a Shanahan QB has had and piloting one of the best "forgotten" offenses ever is not success, then I do not know what is. He has been a typically efficient QB --YPA is around 7.5-- even with Chicago's crappy oline. He would flourish with even a merely solid OL and WRs.

Jay Cutler threw for more yards in a season under Shanahan than any Redskins QB since...ever. He threw for 4,526 yards - the best ever for the Redskins was Jay Schroeder at 4109.

Not to excuse the drops, but I remember reading that Beck throws a much less catchable ball. Might make a mid-game adjustment tough on the WRs.

Orton?

10qjq4w.gif

OK, so folks don't want to trade for Orton. But at least he has a record you can judge him by.

Don't come back and say the Redskins should sign Matt Flynn, a player with almost zero record in the NFL, put your own expectations on him, and then pronounce it a great move!

There is NO evidence this would be a great move. Just wishful thinking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.