• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

WTF Did We Just Do??????

if you're asking me....a solid pick is fine. won't be a game changer. but that's ok. not upset. just looking into the crystal ball. he's just one piece in a process that is going to take a bit longer than expected. again...rebuild the base with solid players (so this is a good move) and then reattack next draft for the difference maker(s).

A bit longer than we expected? We've been saying all off-season we wanted to see acommitment to rebuilding this team from the ground up. This move fits into that philosophy.

There is no quick way out of this mess. 10 years of trading away draft picks has put the Skins way behind the curve. You're right that next season might not be pretty, but if the Skins can add some picks have a couple of good drafts, they have a chance of building a team that can win consistently.

I'd much rather see this move than see them trade away more picks to take a Newton, or even worse trade picks for more washed up McNabb types.

I'm pleased.

Cam Jordan might slip to the Eagles. I think I would have rather had him than Kerrigan.

boone...I don't disagree with you. to me it symbolizes what we all know...this team has a long ways to go and it's gonna take more than one season to get there. I see this as a good foundation move......just messing with my own head knowing that next season is going to be painful and that we are still suffering for bad, bad decisions made by Vinny/Snyder and last season by Shanahan/Allen. If this is part of a more disciplined long-run strategy then I'm in. impatient perhaps. but willing to wait the downside out. hopefully, they'll continue to build from the inside out with those two second round picks.
Ahh I see where you're coming from now, but this is best for the long term, and next season was going to probably suck either way...

Yeah - you're exactly right. When you give away draft picks like pez, you can only make so much noise in the draft. I totally am feeling you on this. I won't grade the trade-down a success if we don't really get a nice player with the 49th pick. That's the problem with trading down in the first 3 rounds - it's only a genius stroke if you find starters. I think it's actually more important what we do with our next 2 picks. I think Kerrigan will perform.

I would have preferred we'd taken an offensive lineman. But when you have as many needs as we do, feels like splitting hairs to be critical.

I would have preferred we'd taken an offensive lineman. But when you have as many needs as we do, feels like splitting hairs to be critical.
I can't disagree with you. I wanted to bolster the O-line in the first 2 rounds until about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Those who have been saying we need to get players who fit the 3-4 into camp are right we did fiish 31st in the league on D. That's why I was a little surprised with the Kerrigan pick and think Cam Jordan would have been a better choice. But I am not saddened. Like fs62 was saying, it looks like the commitment to rebuilding is there and Kerrigan should make the adjustment to 3-4 OLB as well as Rak did.

With the #41 pick, I would like to see Stephen Paea and the #49 Wisniewski or Hudson.

BB, it looks like we don't need to worry about that. Looks like Philly is going to take Danny Watkins.

Maybe so, but I feel like this addresses one of our biggest needs and puts an impact player across from Rak. The Villanova tackle will be there in the 2nd round (probably) and he is well suited for the RT position.

Funny, I kind of wish I knew what Ryman was saying about Kerrigan right about now, lol.

Yeah - you're exactly right. When you give away draft picks like pez, you can only make so much noise in the draft. I totally am feeling you on this. I won't grade the trade-down a success if we don't really get a nice player with the 49th pick. That's the problem with trading down in the first 3 rounds - it's only a genius stroke if you find starters. I think it's actually more important what we do with our next 2 picks. I think Kerrigan will perform.

I was thinking exactly the same thing abt those 2nd rnd picks. I'd like to see one of them be the PSU center.

Eagles went with Danny Watkins...another 1st round OL. Big surprise from the Eagles! ;)

Funny, I kind of wish I knew what Ryman was saying about Kerrigan right about now, lol.

In about 5 days you might get that chance.
:beam:

In all seriousness, I wouldn't mind having some of his input here.

That's a reach for the Eagles and he is a guard. Glad that they didn't get Jordan. I thought he would be gone by now.

Just in case anyone's curious - the 49th pick was almost exactly what the draft trade chart called for in moving from the 10th to the 16th pick (10th pick worth 1300 points, 16th worth 1000, 49th pick worth 390 points. So at least we did not get jobbed in the trade down.

NO! I want him to fall to 41!

I would prefer the big man anchoring our D in Stephen Paea, but I would like to see Dalton in B&G. I just got that feeling he could be a Pete Carrol guy.

Still wondering if the Skins won't try and package 41 and 49 here and sneak back into the first round to pick up Dalton...you never know...

Eh, I wouldn't do it. I know Seattle passed on him here, but there hasn't been a run on QBs since early on. Stay put is my choice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.