• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

WTF Did We Just Do??????

That's a reach for the Eagles and he is a guard. Glad that they didn't get Jordan. I thought he would be gone by now.

I've seen Watkins going around there in a lot of mocks, why do you say he's a reach?

Still wondering if the Skins won't try and package 41 and 49 here and sneak back into the first round to pick up Dalton...you never know...

That would be fantastic, since I predicted they'd trade down and then back into the first round. :)

I've seen Watkins going around there in a lot of mocks, why do you say he's a reach?

Some mocks had him a bit lower. He was a LT at Baylor and is now projected to be the RG for Philly. Can he make the transition? Also, he is 26 years old. Philly had better choices imo, but I am not complaining. :)

Strange happenings right now at Radio City Music Hall..

Baldwin is rated as a mid 2nd rounder - that was a real reach.

That would be fantastic, since I predicted they'd trade down and then back into the first round. :)

So once we find out wtf happened with the Ravens, maybe it is your scenario?

Edit: Guess not.

Alright, so, late to party here as usual. I have read through the thread and not seen this mentioned.

At 6-4 and 267, Kerrigan is not big enough to play DE in the 3-4 so are the experts projecting him as an OLB opposite Orakpo for us?

Alright, so, late to party here as usual. I have read through the thread and not seen this mentioned.

At 6-4 and 267, Kerrigan is not big enough to play DE in the 3-4 so are the experts projecting him as an OLB opposite Orakpo for us?

Yes indeed. He is the replacement for Rocky. It is a very solid pick.

Yeah, that's the assumption Bob. He's to be a bookend for Orakpo.

Did the Saints just say goodbye to Reggie Bush? Surprised that they picked Ingram.

So we got rush help but nothing to hold the line. Got it.

To be honest, when I saw the trade (was tracking things on my phone from a concert) I was hoping they were thinking Phil Taylor at 16 to nail down that NT position. Not complaining about this pick, mind you, just concerned about what looks to be building outside in once again.

Rocky plays inside, BB. Kerrigan looks to be an OLB to me.

Rocky plays inside, BB. Kerrigan looks to be an OLB to me.

That's what I was thinking. I know Rocky will likely be gone, but Kerrigan is purported to fill the vacant spot left by Andre Carter at the OLB spot opposite Rak.

Yes, I think Rocky will be gone too. With Andre already gone, I was thinking more of how the LBs would face an overhaul. We may choose another LB in the draft or address this in FA. Rocky is a bit small for a 3-4 LB and he really struggled last year.

I liked the pick. I was surprised by it. I thought with Cam Jordon and Prince Amukamara on the board we would go with one of those guys. Shanny said that OLB was the biggest need. He proved it with this pick. He probably was hoping for Quinn but who knows. Here is my way of thinking, one weakness of Rak is he isn't great against the run and neither is Quinn but Kerrigan is. So maybe he is a better bookend with Orakpo. Plus Kerrigan is a worker and I like that. Plus going from ten to sixteen and getting a 2nd round pick is good value.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Yes, I think Rocky will be gone too. With Andre already gone, I was thinking more of how the LBs would face an overhaul. We may choose another LB in the draft or address this in FA. Rocky is a bit small for a 3-4 LB and he really struggled last year.

My guess is they are thinking Hensen or Riley to replace to McIntosh, but that is just a guess (although neither of those guys is any bigger than Rocky).

Kerrigan is very much in the mold of Orakpo in that both were pass rushing DEs in college. So, Kerrigan can get help from Orakpo in making the transition.

The difference is that Kerrigan is supposed to be better at stopping the run than Orakpo.

As far as Rocky, I too believe he will be gone. Either Henson or Riley can fill that need.

The question is, with Kerrigan in who backs him and Orakpo up?
We had Carter, Wilson, Alexander, and Jackson as the opposite OLB. All are converted DEs and none made the switch well.
Jackson showed some flash, Wilson was servicable, Carter was horrible (as expected), and Alexander was often lost (despite his effort and heart). Carter is gone, and I think Wilson and Jackson have the inside edge on backing Orakpo and Kerrigan up.

So, where does that leave Alexander? He is not, and cannot be and OLB in a 3-4 scheme. He is too small to be a NT or a DE in a 3-4 scheme. Could he be an ILB in a 3-4? With Rocky going away, and Henson and Riley stepping up, does Alexander have a shot at being a back-up ILB? If not, where would he go?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.