• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

MMA: UFC, Strikeforce, etc.

It seemed like an early stoppage at first, waiting for the replay

edit: after watching the replay Hendo ko'd him with that uppercut, he went completely limped

He stunned him, but he was turning over and looked like he recovered. Fedor's done, no way he should have lost this.

He did go limp, but recovered within 2 sec's and was turning over.

Alright, after watching that for the 3rd time. Herb Dean stood there after he got rocked and went limp and then waited until he recovered and turned over and then stopped the fight. That just doesn't make sense imo.

I'm pretty sure ultimate fighter and lots of other programming will be on FX so I don't really see them toning it down. Fox has also been one that pushes the limits over the years on network tv so I can't say I share your fears.

Which Anderson Silva shows up?

I watched the first fight between Silva and Okami and am quite simply amazed they gave him this fight. Okami has not impressed me in any of the fights I watched of his. I want to see Chael fight Silva again.

I want to see Chael fight Silva again.

If Chael can get by Brian Stann, that's what will happen.

I'm really disappointed they couldn't find a better matchup than Okami to fight Silva.

well, the last few fights he was in he dominated. chael did whoop him most of the fight but he was on banned substances and even with taht anderson beat him up.

Silva may have beaten Sonnen, but he damn sure didn't "beat him up".

Huge difference.

Silva destroys Okami at 3:45 to go in the 2nd round

I think Forrest take Shogun the distance and wins a decision

Is Ken Flo announcing all night?

Forest is still young but he needs to retire. He cannot take a beating anymore.

Until someone stops fighting Silva scared, he will continue to pick apart his opponents like he did tonight. If Okami was smart, he would have leg kicked the **** out of Silva when he was dropping his hands like that!

Tired of the lack of competition. I hope Sonnen can get past Stann so we can see someone who is not afraid to fight Silva. At least with Sonnen, he will not fight scared like every other fighter Silva has faced!

Last edited:
ken flo is not someone i like announcing. just doesnt have the same charisma as joe rogan.

forrest DOES need to retire. its funny how fast he went downhill but he got destroyed.

anderson is really just that good. you cant rush in on him because he has head movement like roy jones and can switch stances with ease. much respect for him
Chael Sonnen proved that if you keep pressure on him, he can be beaten. I know, I know...Sonnen did not beat him. He will next time around.

Okami had a good first round because he kept the pressure on. When he sat back in the 2nd round and let Silva start getting into his rope a dope style, it was over. Okami got hit once, got scared and hesitated. You cannot hesitate against Silva!

Once my back heals, if it ever does, I am gonna start training and take it to Silva myself! I just need to drop 50 pounds to get to fight weight. :laugh:

hahaha..if you keep pressue on him you can beat him. but he didnt beat him but you get my drift. anderson got beat up that whole fight and choked him the **** out as soon as he slipped up. the man is amazing regardless of what you believe. nobody has gbeen able to "beat him" so i dont know what you can base it off of.

if you fight silva i want to be your steven segal.

You already are my Steven Segal!

And follow me here Mike. I did not say Chael Sonnen won. I was saying he exposed Silva, because he gave us the blue print on how to fight him. Sonnen got caught by one of the best MMA fighters in the world after completely dominating for the whole fight. I did not say Silva was not one of the best. You are putting words in my mouth. I am saying Silva is beatable! Sonnen showed us how.

Okami actually won the first round, even with the last second flury to end round 1 by Silva. He kept the pressure on Silva and tied him up getting a couple of decent blows in on him. That is how you beat Silva. But Okami got scared the first time he got popped!

I go into training at the beginning of the year if I don't have to have back surgery. You are first on my list as I move my way through the ranks!

I heard a radio personality this morning call Silva "unbeatable." El, wouldn't that hold true for your theory as well? If this guy Sonnen did everything right to the point of domination, but still got caught slipping and choked out, wouldn't that lend credence to the "unbeatable" tag?

I heard a radio personality this morning call Silva "unbeatable." El, wouldn't that hold true for your theory as well? If this guy Sonnen did everything right to the point of domination, but still got caught slipping and choked out, wouldn't that lend credence to the "unbeatable" tag?

The radio personalities that say he is unbeatable buy into the hype. No one is unbeatable. Remember when they said the same thing about Mike Tyson, then a long came a fighter who had nothing to lose and all the right tools to beat Tyson, no fear and a stiff jab.

Don't get me wrong Jaimie, the Silva is great! He is one of 3 in the world who could be considered the best. But he is beatable and Sonnen gave us the blueprint. Whomever gets where Sonnen did in that fight needs to be cognizant that it's not a 4 & 3/4 round fight, but 5 rounds and they cannot let up in the least or this great fighter will use every tool in his arsenal, even if it is a little lucky that he got the hold.

the blueprint to juice and get choked out with 30 seconds left in the fight?

thats not a very good blueprint. you keep acting like sonnen did something. he gassed out in the 5th and silva is SO dangerous that as soon as the opening came he choked him the F out.-

Look Mike, whether you like Chael Sonnen or not, he exposed flaws in Anderson Silva's game. For 4 rounds, we all thought Sonnen was going to beat him because...well, he was beating the **** out of him.

I don't care much how the fight ended, THAT'S NOT THE POINT I AM MAKING! The point is Sonned EXPOSED Silva's flaws. Now all we need is to see the UFC actually put some competition out there for Silva to fight. Okami was just another in the line of fighters who should never have been given a title shot.

you dont care how the fight ended ONLY because he lost. but then again thats the whole point; Sonnen was JUICED OUT and STILL LOST! and im not too sure how much "beating the **** out of" he did honestly if at the end of the 5th Silva still has the ability to know where he is and lock in a triangle so tightly and quickly.

OK Mike, you're right. Because Chael Sonnen ended up losing a fight he dominated because he left himself vulnerable toward the end, he did nothing to show the rest of the world that Anderson Silva could be beaten. The operative term there is COULD!

THEN WHY THE **** DID OKAMI"S TRAINERS ASK SONNEN TO COME HELP TRAIN OKAMI IN PREPARATION FOR THIS FIGHT?!?!?!?!?!?!

El, there is two ways to look at the results, and really both can be correct and we won't know which one is right until Silva's next fight against a similarly good opponent.

One is that Sonnen dominated the fight, gave the blueprint for beating Silva, and if he could have only held on for 30 more seconds he would have won, and you can deduce that Silva is beatable.

The other view is that Sonnen dominated the fight for 4 & 3/4 rounds, and still could not get the job done. Silva is so good, he can be dominated for that long, find the one weakness his opponent shows and exploit it. The only fighter that can therefore beat him would be the perfect fighter, which may or may not exist.

I will agree with you that the first scenario is feasible; and Silva will probably eventually lose (unless he retires in his prime) because all fighters eventually lose. People just get older and slower. But right now, in his prime, it seems he is unbeatable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.