• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What Did We Find Out?

For me its very simple. Draft picks are the means, but wins are the end.

As such, I root for wins.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I am? where exactly did I say we should tank games? Go back and read what I wrote.

the argument here isnt is it better for us to lose once we know we cant win anything that matters anyway. (thats common sense).

Let me be clear, at this point with nothing to win, I would rather play young players, evaluate them and take no risks simply to win now in order to be in a better position to win later, whereas if we had even a remote chance at winning, then I would fully expect us to do what we need to do to give us the best chance at winning now.

I am? where exactly did I say we should tank games? Go back and read what I wrote.

the argument here isnt is it better for us to lose once we know we cant win anything that matters anyway. (thats common sense).

Let me be clear, at this point with nothing to win, I would rather play young players, evaluate them and take no risks simply to win now in order to be in a better position to win later, whereas if we had even a remote chance at winning, then I would fully expect us to do what we need to do to give us the best chance at winning now.

This post makes some sense, but you might want to go back and read everything you wrote. You continually have to explain yourself because what you keep saying makes it appear like you would rather see us lose. Take a look Ryman.

If your point is that you care less now than if we were in contention if we were to lose because it would give us a better draft choice. I would probably agree. But statements like, "any Fan should understand that we NEED to lose out and get better draft picks" make you look like you wish for losses.

You have asked some to read what you wrote, well...look above to see what you have written!

ya think?!!!

per another post...I advocate trading all our high picks for 7th round picks: we load up on picks, it costs less...and it doesn't matter!
For a pretty smart guy, your reading comprehension failed you here.
NOBODY has advocated anything close to this.

If they had, this would be funny.

As it is, it suggests you need to make your coffee a little stronger, 'ol buddy.

For a pretty smart guy, your reading comprehension failed you here.
NOBODY has advocated anything close to this.

If they had, this would be funny.

As it is, it suggests you need to make your coffee a little stronger, 'ol buddy.

Ax....being as you are one who is not immune to sarcasm......you can follow the rest

anyway...the point is that your position...from an anlaytic pov...doesn't lead anywhere. it doesn't amount to a strategy. it merely asserts that picking the right people matters wherever one picks in the draft. ok. check.

Ax....being as you are one who is not immune to sarcasm......you can follow the rest

anyway...the point is that your position...from an anlaytic pov...doesn't lead anywhere. it doesn't amount to a strategy. it merely asserts that picking the right people matters wherever one picks in the draft. ok. check.
My strategy is quite simple.

1. ALWAYS try to win
2. 90% of the time, draft the BPA
(If it happens to be a need position, it's more gooder)
3. Enjoy some friendly fencing with cyber-brothers/sisters on the interwebszzz!

My strategy is quite simple.

1. ALWAYS try to win
2. 90% of the time, draft the BPA
(If it happens to be a need position, it's more gooder)
3. Enjoy some friendly fencing with cyber-brothers/sisters on the interwebszzz!

absolutely on bullet 3! I know you well enough to realize that...like me...you'll sleep well tonight without a sceond thought to the pinpricks launched on a message board.........:claps:

agree on bullet 2.

agree on bullet 1....if for no other reason than that is the best way for players to keep from being injured. but I'll be honest...in the Jags game...had we lost it wouldn't have bothered me all that much because there was value waiting at the other end. I wanted the Skins to play hard in that game to see what we had - kinda what Shanahan had in mind if you think about it. Winning the game was secondary.

but I'll be honest...in the Jags game...had we lost it wouldn't have bothered me all that much because there was value waiting at the other end.
SEE! There you go!

Just couldn't go a whole post praising my view points without throwing a little red pepper, could you?

Seriously though, for the guys that are going to be here next year, both the young and the vets, being able to achieve success in the new schemes we are installing is of more value than having three more boon/busts to choose from in the upcoming crapshoot, er um, NFL Draft.

SEE! There you go!

Just couldn't go a whole post praising my view points without throwing a little red pepper, could you?

Seriously though, for the guys that are going to be here next year, both the young and the vets, being able to achieve success in the new schemes we are installing is of more value than having three more boon/busts to choose from in the upcoming crapshoot, er um, NFL Draft.

one man's pov!

and the happy dust you have thrown my way?.....:blush:

moving in a different direction...what newcomer who played in the JAG's game do you see starting next year?

one man's pov!

and the happy dust you have thrown my way?.....:blush:

moving in a different direction...what newcomer who played in the JAG's game do you see starting next year?
Trent Williams, Anthony Armstrong, Brandon Banks, Rob Jackson, Cliff Barnes, Logan Paulsen, Perry Riley, Terrance Austin...

Trent Williams, Anthony Armstrong, Brandon Banks, Rob Jackson, Cliff Barnes, Logan Paulsen, Perry Riley, Terrance Austin...

in that specific game? as starters next season?

- TW has been playing all year so that he is not in the conversation.

- Barnes made a difference. no doubt about it. where would he start and in place of whom?

- Armstrong has been playing all year. I don't see him as a big time playmaker, but do like the way he runs his routes, holds onto the ball and says the right things. I'll give on this one and hope he continues to improve & help the team. the core problem is a bona fide number 1 wideout. ok.

- Banks......nice find. ok.

- Paulsen. funny you bring that up since during the game I was thinking this guy has the size that fits the mold of how other teams are using recent TE drafts and he seems to always do well. interesting. not sure yet as it is more of a "how do we find a way to use him" matter.

- Riley. didn't see much in tha Jags game. has to overcome a bonehead maneuver in a previous game. need to see more.

- Austin. didn't do much in the Jag's game. more time on scene needed.

I like Paulsen too, but you see him starting? I could see us moving Davis or Cooley to make room for Paulsen and get back a pick. I just don't see us needing both Davis and Cooley on the roster. I thought we would see 2 TE sets a lot, but those looks never seemed to put the scare in other teams we thought it might.

Perry Riley played well, but had a bonehead play. I can't remember off the top of my head, but it made me shake my head.

I think Jackson proved he deserves a spot on the team. If nothing else he deserves a shot at the roster next year.

I really wish we could see Capers and Cook in action.

We do still have the Giants game coming up, El-who knows, you may get your chance.

I hope so. As poor as our line has been in Pass protection this year and running the ball early on, I would think they would want to see these guys perform now. The Giants would be a great test, especially for Capers at the RT.

But...

They may not want to get the future of the franchise, Sexy Rexy, killed. :insane:

in that specific game? as starters next season?
I know you want to limit me to this one game. But to me, the young guys who have been here all year, be it on the practice squad, or whatever, benefit greatly from achieving success at what their coaches have been trying to teach them. And that winning, helps more than losing. So, I will not allow you to handcuff me to one game.
I'm wearing my Super Duper Handcuff Remover Ring, with matching cuff links.:)

- TW has been playing all year so that he is not in the conversation.
SDHRR!!! He is now.
- Barnes made a difference. no doubt about it. where would he start and in place of whom?
Oh no you don't. I'm not releasing my offseason plan, in season.
- Armstrong has been playing all year. I don't see him as a big time playmaker, but do like the way he runs his routes, holds onto the ball and says the right things. I'll give on this one and hope he continues to improve & help the team. the core problem is a bona fide number 1 wideout. ok.
"The power of AX compels you!"

- Banks......nice find. ok.

- Paulsen. funny you bring that up since during the game I was thinking this guy has the size that fits the mold of how other teams are using recent TE drafts and he seems to always do well. interesting. not sure yet as it is more of a "how do we find a way to use him" matter.
To be revealed, later. In the................offseason.

- Riley. didn't see much in tha Jags game. has to overcome a bonehead maneuver in a previous game. need to see more.
Have to admit, I'm going on faith here. LB coach we stole from Pittsburgh is the main reason.

- Austin. didn't do much in the Jag's game. more time on scene needed.
Another faith pick. He was a Shanny selection.

I would also add Robert Henson to my list of possible starters, or at least valuable contributors, for next season.

In his brief preseason stint, he was looking pretty good.

Let's hope he comes back and plays well.

Joke or not, Brandon Lloyd is going off in Denver. And it doesn't seem to matter who is throwing him the ball; 5 catches for 111 yards with Saint Tebow throwing him the ball this past week.

I think he always had the physical talent, you dont get to the NFL by being a bum, he just never had the desire or the mental capacity before. sometimes it takes a while for the light to come on, and lets be honest, our WR coaches when he was here were no great shakes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.