• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Final 53

I seriously doubt this is the "final" 53 by any means. You know MS and BA are scanning the waiver wires like crazy looking for better depth. Whether they find it is anyone's call at this point.

So, with the release of the final roster, am I to believe that KFFL are wrong with their info as they also posted that Paulsen had been released.

Redskins | Ramzee Robinson, three others released
Sat, 04 Sep 2010 10:04:23 -0400

The Washington Redskins have released LB Robert Jackson, T Logan Paulsen, FB Carey Davis and CB Ramzee Robinson, reports John Keim, of The Washington Examiner.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/team/37/nfl#ixzz0yfnn3qmv

I guess my point would be - given conflicting information - don't see any other option than to assume what the team themselves has released is the most accurate.

The roster at redskins.com shows that Paulsen is on the team, so KFFL must have got incorrect info.

Not a concern now, let's just prep for opening night v. Dallas, and we are getting it LIVE!

I'm very sorry to say that only the tight-end position excites me. (And that Orakpo fella, can't forget him.)

Paulsen is a beast; count me among those upset when I read the reports of him being cut.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Thanks for the clarification on the Paulsen situation, WD.

And may Reed Doughty have mercy on the rest of you. :)

Wasn't Victor Adeyanju (cut from the Rams) on the Redskins radar not so long ago? Maybe it was the previous coaching staff, but I remember a lot of discussion on the pro's of trading for him.

I guess most teams are like this, but, it seems like outside of our starters, we are very thin. Outside of the DL and the QB's (I actually think Grossman is serviceable) I don't think we have a great second string team.

However, most teams could probably claim the same.

what makes you think the first team is all that great?

Remember, no one here is a football expert...

Hey now.... ;)

We're as much experts as many of those that actually get paid to be experts.

Jim Zorn thought he knew but he didn't know. Karl Swanson was wrong. He claimed the fans didn't know, but we knew!!! THAT'S why Danny made the changes he did, and we knew what those changes needed to be. Those were exactly the changes Danny made.

Yep, we're experts. :bucktooth:

We weree (allegedly) interested in OJ Atogwe, which is who I think you're thinking of, SkinnedAussie.

We weree (allegedly) interested in OJ Atogwe, which is who I think you're thinking of, SkinnedAussie.

Yeah, that was during this year's FA period, but I'm thinking as far back as last season. I'm sure it was one of the Rams' young DE's (I realise we already have Carriker), and that name just stands out.

Anyway, as I said, that would have been the previous coaching staff, so if we are still interested, I'm sure we'll sign him.

anyone think we could be interested in Leinert, or will Grossman / Beck remain as our #2&3 QB's?

What about Housh? We are one of his final two choices, so what odds we miss out?

what makes you think the first team is all that great?

Never said the first team was great. In fact, I have many questions including the OLB (Carter seems out of place and I think teams will abuse us with passes to RBs in the flats, TEs are going to murder us, and I think teams are going to run all over us), NT (Kemo is getting no push and where is Fat AL?), WR (Moss then who?), and the whole offensive line (I don't see Brown making it through the season, never cared for Rabach's play, Dockery seems like a misfit for this offense, Hicks?, and a rookie LT). If we are hurting in that many areas (IMO) then we are definitely lacking depth.

We will see how well these guys can be coached up.

Hey now.... ;)

We're as much experts as many of those that actually get paid to be experts.

I agree with you. Honestly, we do know as much as the experts (non coaching experts, you know, the ones that report). I do not put much stock into what they say. They do not watch every game, yet they have comments on every game. They hear something and run with it.

I will try to make my own judgements on players and continue to pretend like I know what I am talking about. It works for me!

Still can't understand how Roydell Williams made the team.

Must have showed in the closed practices because he was ho-hum in the games.

And unlike Moss and Galloway, the 29 year old Williams doesn't have a large body of work to point to in order to say he was 'grandfathered' in regarding not having to perform well in the preseason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.